Talion New Talion owner, send help…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

six7jedi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Picked up my first Talion, its also my first used car. Im currently rebuilding my Felony so I didnt want to take the time to check it out thoroughly. I dropped it off at a shop to have them do it. Anyone have any idea why it would wiggle and damn near start fishtailing at full throttle? Everything appeared to be in working order outside of that. I instructed them to basically set everything back to stock form so Id have a good starting point should it still be wobbling when I got it back. My cousin was saying maybe the punch was too high. Any thoughts???

644FBA03-5A24-48DD-8A1C-F2B79435A801.jpeg

Does it do that on grass? Because if you're running 6s on pavement, any tire is going to be fighting for traction with a heavy throttle finger.

You can play with your toe settings. I'm sure the sure the speed run guys can hook you up with some settings if you're looking for some high speed passes

Last edited:
can you post some pics with the lid off and closer to the internals? would be good to see the suspension components, knuckles, etc.

Does it do that on grass? Because if you're running 6s on pavement, any tire is going to be fighting for traction with a heavy throttle finger.

You can play with your toe settings. I'm sure the sure the speed run guys can hook you up with some settings if you're looking for some high speed passes
No speed runs planned for the Talion. I didnt try opening it up on grass. Ill be able to test once I get it back. It came with a set of road tires, so Ill try that after the grass run.
can you post some pics with the lid off and closer to the internals? would be good to see the suspension components, knuckles, etc.
Ill take some once I get it back. Currently in the shop.

Rear diff is probably empty and the power is bleeding out the rear tires so you don't get much if any forward traction out of the front wheels is my guess.

Picked up my first Talion, its also my first used car. Im currently rebuilding my Felony so I didnt want to take the time to check it out thoroughly. I dropped it off at a shop to have them do it. Anyone have any idea why it would wiggle and damn near start fishtailing at full throttle? Everything appeared to be in working order outside of that. I instructed them to basically set everything back to stock form so Id have a good starting point should it still be wobbling when I got it back. My cousin was saying maybe the punch was too high. Any thoughts???

View attachment 244034
I don't see a video.. but the active steering assist will cause it to to turn right and left vigorously... when it's maxed out. Put to minimum and try.

View attachment 244034

Was not mentioned and I could be off here.... this is not the same rig, but with AVC config wrong like on my Infraction, I saw that years back rear end starts to wobble badly at speed. Needed to adjust AVC. Again that was not a Talion and never mentioned if an AVC receiver was put in this one being used.

Best of luck on a fix! (y)

Hopefully you have this sorted by now, if not check to see if the receiver is mounted securely in the box. If it’s just laying in there it will move around and cause the avc to turn the wheels. You can also turn the avc off (at the receiver) assuming you have spektrum radio gear. Could also be the servo glitching at what ever frequency it’s no longer shielded for. I’ve had this happen to a JX servo in a crawler. It would glitch at one point in the throttle range an no other time when other servos work fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back