New Team Corally Kronos V2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GhostProtocol

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Gf bought it for me on Black Friday. It was meant to be an early Christmas gift but I did enough pleading to open it and get it dirty. ???. I have a V1 Python so I was expecting this thing to move but I was not expecting for it to be able to do 50mph out the box on just 4s. ??? Definitely powerful and I'm loving it so far.
IMG_20201202_191112_622.jpg

Gf bought it for me on Black Friday. It was meant to be an early Christmas gift but I did enough pleading to open it and get it dirty. ???. I have a V1 Python so I was expecting this thing to move but I was not expecting for it to be able to do 50mph out the box on just 4s. ??? Definitely powerful and I'm loving it so far.View attachment 112551
Cool. Let us know how it holds up ?

How much was it on Black Friday?
The purchase price was $440. Team Corally's US distributor, Hobby Recreation Products (HRP), had a 20% off site wide sale on Black Friday. And it was literally 20% off EVERYTHING on the site whether new or old, including parts and accessories. And shipping was also free. My GF ordered it on Friday and it arrived three days later on Monday.
Thanks. Hopefully it has better diffs than the 6s Arrmas.
Lol. Yeah, the only thing with Team Corally vehicles is that they tend to put grease in the diffs instead of oil (or at least they did on the V1's). I didn't open the diffs to look on the Kronos V2 though. I just recently had to clean and add oil to my Python V1 diffs and I've had that since they came out earlier this year. TC made some improvements to their V2 lineup so hopefully it remains a great runner.

Last edited:
The purchase price was $440. Team Corally's US distributor, Hobby Recreation Products (HRP), had a 20% off site wide sale on Black Friday. And it was literally 20% off EVERYTHING on the site whether new or old, including parts and accessories. And shipping was also free. My GF ordered it on Friday and it arrived three days later on Monday.

Lol. Yeah, the only thing with Team Corally vehicles is that they tend to put grease in the diffs instead of oil (or at least they did on the V1's). I didn't open the diffs to look on the Kronos V2 though. I just recently had to clean and add oil to my Python V1 diffs and I've had that since they came out earlier this year. TC made some improvements to their V2 lineup so hopefully it remains a great runner.
That is a good deal, if you got it full price I would have not understood why didn't just get the Kraton.

That is a good deal, if you got it full price I would have not understood why didn't just get the Kraton.
Yeah it was a screaming good deal. Honestly, I just like trying out different stuff so that's why I went with the Kronos. I'll probably get a Kraton somewhere down the line but it's not on my immediate "gotta have it" list. I'm definitely interested in what Arrma has in the pipeline next year but my Typhon, Outcast 4s and Felony have been satisfying my Arrma fix for now.

How's the Kronos holding up? And have you noticed there own 7075 upgrades?
Overall, it's been great and now is one of my favorite RC's. I have been a lot rougher on this one than I usually am so yes, I have broken/bent some things: The front bumper/skid plate, front shock tower, rear body mounts, front chassis brace and a piece of the battery tray. All of those came from bad landings on concrete at the skate park in cold weather so I wasn't upset at all and it drove away under its own power.

I also did manage to bend the rear center driveshaft and crack my wing after a crash on a 55mph+ run in 32 degree weather. That sounds like a lot but once again, I've been very abusive to this thing and nothing on it has taken me more than 15 minutes to fix. I'm honestly thinking about buying another one but I just ordered the Radix 4 so that'll be down the line.

I have seen those 7075 upgrades and think it's pretty cool that TC is proving a pathway to strengthen their cars. I'll probably switch over to some of those parts if I break stuff again but hopefully with warm weather coming I can mitigate the need for them so soon.

I know this question was posted a few months ago but the TC stuff is here to stay I believe so some future buyers benifit from these threads staying active. I have a v1 Kronos and a radix (which is a v2 python) the v1 stuff is ether then some YouTube and forum posts would have you believe. i thonk people expected them to be just rebranded arrma‘s and they weren’t, they where a racing company’s take on basher s, so they didn’t have quite the the same durability as there arrma counterpart but they had pretty comparable handling and better power, so all in all a reasonable trade off for some. The v2’s have narrowed the durability score and the TC seam to be legitimate alternative options for Arrma cars. I am a huge Arrma fan and own 3 of there 3s, a Mohave EXB, typhon, kraton & notorious rtr and have a talion rtr EXB on order, so deeply invested in arrma‘s platforms. I do think that having abother competent brand competing against them is a benefit however.
as to your specific question, the shogun is essentially a Kronos with smaller tires and wheels, so probably a particularly good model. The smaller lighter tires probably negate some of the durability issues and allow the platform to shine even ore, the diffs where supposedly built for buggy‘s so a truggy is a great fit. The power is insane, I have only run my v1 on 4s and it runs pretty close to my kraton in 6s

I know this question was posted a few months ago but the TC stuff is here to stay I believe so some future buyers benifit from these threads staying active. I have a v1 Kronos and a radix (which is a v2 python) the v1 stuff is ether then some YouTube and forum posts would have you believe. i thonk people expected them to be just rebranded arrma‘s and they weren’t, they where a racing company’s take on basher s, so they didn’t have quite the the same durability as there arrma counterpart but they had pretty comparable handling and better power, so all in all a reasonable trade off for some. The v2’s have narrowed the durability score and the TC seam to be legitimate alternative options for Arrma cars. I am a huge Arrma fan and own 3 of there 3s, a Mohave EXB, typhon, kraton & notorious rtr and have a talion rtr EXB on order, so deeply invested in arrma‘s platforms. I do think that having abother competent brand competing against them is a benefit however.
as to your specific question, the shogun is essentially a Kronos with smaller tires and wheels, so probably a particularly good model. The smaller lighter tires probably negate some of the durability issues and allow the platform to shine even ore, the diffs where supposedly built for buggy‘s so a truggy is a great fit. The power is insane, I have only run my v1 on 4s and it runs pretty close to my kraton in 6s
The corally plastics even on the V2 is still not there for serious bashing (20ft plus). Still lots of problems with breaking, and the driveshafts are too thin (they bends easily). I don't have one, but I that's what I have seen in pretty much all the videos on YT. They are are not terrible, but they need to tweak some things more (liked to make their plastics less brittle and then driveshafts have to be thicker). Razor has mentioned some of those things. It looks like the diffs are holding up though. Competition is always a good thing.

The corally plastics even on the V2 is still not there for serious bashing (20ft plus). Still lots of problems with breaking, and the driveshafts are too thin (they bends easily). I don't have one, but I that's what I have seen in pretty much all the videos on YT. They are are not terrible, but they need to tweak some things more (liked to make their plastics less brittle and then driveshafts have to be thicker). Razor has mentioned some of those things. It looks like the diffs are holding up though. Competition is always a good thing.
I have bent a rear driveshaft and I wasn’t even bashing they are a bit thin my Kronos V2 is pretty darn fast and has held up pretty good. Just today tho I started to hear a cracking/ grinding noise out the rear diff so I’ll be checking that out this weekend hopefully it’s nothing major. Parts seem pretty easy to get on eBay, I am satisfied with the TC Kronos v2 running it on 4s it’s pretty fast, it does heat up pretty bad tho I have dual fans to install. The K6 V5 is my main squeeze tho. Real tough made to last till you bash too hard. And I haven’t even upgraded anything on it yet still stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back