New Team Corally Sketer build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

Bashing, Speed running and family!!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vorteks
Yes I know another build thread🤣 But this time something different being the Team Corally Sketer 4s. Been wanting to check out a different brand and also like many of us I'm well beyond tired of waiting for the unicorn 4s line to be released. Absolutely stoked and can't wait to get my hands on it and put it to the test. Kinda crazy to me awhile back in a thread on the forum someone asked what we wanted to see changed with the Arrma 4s line and literally everything I listed and a few other upgrades are all in the new Sketer. Aluminum chassis and towers, center diff, dogbones, chassis braces and 6s style hubs what more could you want!? I should receive the Sketer in a couple days and I'll get some pics uploaded and possibly an unboxing and first run out of the box video. So far from what I've read and seen the weak points are the front bumper, body mounts and thin body, all of which are minor and easily fixable IMO. Can't wait to get ahold of the new beast and of course give it some big sends and get it dialed in to my bashing style🤘🏼
Screenshot_20220210-215457_Chrome.jpg

Yes I know another build thread🤣 But this time something different being the Team Corally Sketer 4s. Been wanting to check out a different brand and also like many of us I'm well beyond tired of waiting for the unicorn 4s line to be released. Absolutely stoked and can't wait to get my hands on it and put it to the test. Kinda crazy to me awhile back in a thread on the forum someone asked what we wanted to see changed with the Arrma 4s line and literally everything I listed and a few other upgrades are all in the new Sketer. Aluminum chassis and towers, center diff, dogbones, chassis braces and 6s style hubs what more could you want!? I should receive the Sketer in a couple days and I'll get some pics uploaded and possibly an unboxing and first run out of the box video. So far from what I've read and seen the weak points are the front bumper, body mounts and thin body, all of which are minor and easily fixable IMO. Can't wait to get ahold of the new beast and of course give it some big sends and get it dialed in to my bashing style🤘🏼View attachment 199364
Can't wait to see how it holds up 👍

OK so already ordered some upgrades🤣 Ordered the 6s hubs, axles and driveshafts to widen it. Also will be going up a few teeth on the pinion as videos I've watched its sluggish on the air control and I like to flip as we all know😂 After a few bashes may also swap tires to the set of MX28's I have lying around. Sure I'll play with diff oils and shock oils as well. Man I can't wait for my new beast 🤘🏼😎

OK so already ordered some upgrades🤣 Ordered the 6s hubs, axles and driveshafts to widen it. Also will be going up a few teeth on the pinion as videos I've watched its sluggish on the air control and I like to flip as we all know😂 After a few bashes may also swap tires to the set of MX28's I have lying around. Sure I'll play with diff oils and shock oils as well. Man I can't wait for my new beast 🤘🏼😎
So you can put the 6s hubs, axles and driveshafts on it? Don't need new arms?

Oh soo stoked, I got an alert it's out for delivery today already!! Super fast shipping considering I ordered Wed just before midnight so 2 day free shipping!! Hope it's here before I go to work at 3🤞🏼

So you can put the 6s hubs, axles and driveshafts on it? Don't need new arms?
I don't believe the driveshafts will fit but ordering from Jenny's the axles come with the driveshafts. But yes the 6s hubs and axles widen it a bit over the stock set.

😁 Look what FedEx just dropped off🤤 Still in awe FREE shipping and in just 2 days!!! Got a 4s pack charging, roll of ducktape for the body and my MIP's out to give it a good once over. Stoked I'll get to give it a maiden out of the box stock bash before work today😁
20220211_114437.jpg
20220211_114624.jpg
20220211_114638.jpg
20220211_114725.jpg

Alright so first bash went good, not great but good lol. Truck handles great but definitely a bit sluggish on speed and almost no backflip air control. Had a couple breakages already but I'm not easy on my rigs and wasn't going to be with this one either. Broke a front turnbuckle end, cracked the front lower A arm on same side at the shock mount, bent the front driveshaft same side, decent crack in the rear of the body and had 3 of 4 shocks leak at the caps. I didnt check if the caps where tightened down so thats my fault. ESC hit about 125° and motor 150° but I'm on throttle a lot so not too bad with no motor fan and temp at 68° outside. Really an awesome platform and with some upgrades and tuning will be one hell of a 4s 1/10 basher for sure.
20220211_135137.jpg
20220211_141706.jpg
20220211_141728.jpg
20220211_141733.jpg
20220211_141749.jpg

Fixed the broken turnbuckle end with a 6s Arrma end cut to the same size. Arrma end is a lot beefier so should hold up better for sure.

Before/broken end
20220211_141706.jpg

After/fixed
20220212_161034.jpg

So went up on the pinion to a 16t and still no backflip air control. Just went to 300k in center diff, added the 6s wide hubs, added a beast 40x28mm fan on the motor and MX28's. Took it out today to see if the diff oil and tires would get it to backflip and still notta. Also broke the same turnbuckle end on the opposite side today so will be adding another Arrma 6s end. With the wide hubs it handles amazing and is super stable now so glad I decided to add them. Looks like I'll be going to an 18t pinion next, if still no flips I'll be swapping in a Hobbystar 4068 2400kv over the stock 2150kv.
20220217_171227.jpg
20220217_174033.jpg
20220216_151153.jpg
20220217_191639.jpg
20220223_180102.jpg

Those turnbuckles seemto be a big problem with corally cars. My kraton 4 drives like a pig compared to my 6s trucks bu its one tough costumer. nothing breaks on it. My wheels are all cracked up. The big deal breaker is the freaking clutch and the stock diffs if you don't get hot racing diff yokes. The sketer seems to be a good vakue for money for what you get its less than 500$ i believe

So went up on the pinion to a 16t and still no backflip air control. Just went to 300k in center diff, added the 6s wide hubs, added a beast 40x28mm fan on the motor and MX28's. Took it out today to see if the diff oil and tires would get it to backflip and still notta. Also broke the same turnbuckle end on the opposite side today so will be adding another Arrma 6s end. With the wide hubs it handles amazing and is super stable now so glad I decided to add them. Looks like I'll be going to an 18t pinion next, if still no flips I'll be swapping in a Hobbystar 4068 2400kv over the stock 2150kv. View attachment 202344View attachment 202345View attachment 202346View attachment 202347View attachment 202348
Good luck getting an 18t pinion on. I was pretty much at the end of the adjustment with a 17t. You may want to get the 46t spur for it. Mine flips no issue now with the Backflip LPs and new power plant. I also switched remote and receiver. Too much delay with the stock one, and it seemed a bit glitchy sometimes.
Those turnbuckles seemto be a big problem with corally cars. My kraton 4 drives like a pig compared to my 6s trucks bu its one tough costumer. nothing breaks on it. My wheels are all cracked up. The big deal breaker is the freaking clutch and the stock diffs if you don't get hot racing diff yokes. The sketer seems to be a good vakue for money for what you get its less than 500$ i believe
Yeah, I sold both my Arrma 4s rigs. The diffs were as strong as you could go, but still the output shafts would only last about 5 packs unless you keep the slipper so loose that it limits power on takeoff. I hate having a power limitation just to not break something. That to me is a poor design.

Good luck getting an 18t pinion on. I was pretty much at the end of the adjustment with a 17t. You may want to get the 46t spur for it. Mine flips no issue now with the Backflip LPs and new power plant. I also switched remote and receiver. Too much delay with the stock one, and it seemed a bit glitchy sometimes.

Yeah, I sold both my Arrma 4s rigs. The diffs were as strong as you could go, but still the output shafts would only last about 5 packs unless you keep the slipper so loose that it limits power on takeoff. I hate having a power limitation just to not break something. That to me is a poor design.
I seen your post about that so I may just swap in a Hobbystar 4068 2400kv and call it good. I run the 4068 in my 4s Bigrock and Granite and it does amazing. In reality the 2150kv is a 6s motor so of course 4s will always be under powered I just don't want to go up to 6s I want this to be a solid 4s platform. I've not had any issues with the stock remote so far but may just put a rc6gs reciever in it and have one less remote to worry about and way more tuneability.

Yes I know another build thread🤣 But this time something different being the Team Corally Sketer 4s. Been wanting to check out a different brand and also like many of us I'm well beyond tired of waiting for the unicorn 4s line to be released. Absolutely stoked and can't wait to get my hands on it and put it to the test. Kinda crazy to me awhile back in a thread on the forum someone asked what we wanted to see changed with the Arrma 4s line and literally everything I listed and a few other upgrades are all in the new Sketer. Aluminum chassis and towers, center diff, dogbones, chassis braces and 6s style hubs what more could you want!? I should receive the Sketer in a couple days and I'll get some pics uploaded and possibly an unboxing and first run out of the box video. So far from what I've read and seen the weak points are the front bumper, body mounts and thin body, all of which are minor and easily fixable IMO. Can't wait to get ahold of the new beast and of course give it some big sends and get it dialed in to my bashing style🤘🏼View attachment 199364
There is a corally forum for this stuff

I seen your post about that so I may just swap in a Hobbystar 4068 2400kv and call it good. I run the 4068 in my 4s Bigrock and Granite and it does amazing. In reality the 2150kv is a 6s motor so of course 4s will always be under powered I just don't want to go up to 6s I want this to be a solid 4s platform. I've not had any issues with the stock remote so far but may just put a rc6gs reciever in it and have one less remote to worry about and way more tuneability.
Let me know if you want to sell the old motor, I may have interest in it.

Thanks

Looking forward to what you can do with the Sketer with more power and bigger tires. The stock minimal backflip ability is disappointing. I'd love to see if it can stunt properly with the right setup.

I had the same problem until i got the aluminum diff yokes for the rear. They should all come woh the steel gears that arrma now has

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back