New Tekno SCT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That stinks. A good racer has to be reasonably durable as well? That didn't seem like a particularly bad hit? I'm sure if it is a true weakness it'll be addressed.
I am surprised Tekno came out with a new truck for a class that's nearly dead? Everything cycles in rc though..sct will likely come back🤞
Also, it seems like they just basically adapted an existing model (ET410) for sct duties so perhaps not a ton of R&D to put this new truck out?
Don't have time to watch the video what broke?
Rear bulkhead.

The only main gripe I have with this new SCT/SL is the motor mount. Reminds me of my TRX-4 motor mount. :rolleyes: Indexed/preset gear positions suck big time. And you need to remove the whole thing, motor and all, to install a different pinion. How is that track friendly?? NOT!
Track rigs should always have "pinion changes" easily accessible. IDK what Tekno was thinking there. But not a deal breaker for me. No RC kit is perfect. Tekno comes close however.
Otherwise looks like a great kit for someone who wants to learn to build.:cool: RTR's don't really teach you how to build at all. Just how to break them and try to figure out how to fix them. A built up kit gives you the knowledge up front when its time to rebuild, repair and maintain them.

Last edited:
That’s exactly what breaks on my ET410.2

Yeah and I don't think it has anything to do with the holes he drilled for the body posts, that seems inaccurate. I've had tons of short course trucks and bodies, and never broke a bulkhead because I mounted the body slightly off a few mm???

Yeah and I don't think it has anything to do with the holes he drilled for the body posts, that seems inaccurate. I've had tons of short course trucks and bodies, and never broke a bulkhead because I mounted the body slightly off a few mm???
Yeah, if misaligned holes in the body broke it..I'm out!!🤔😯😂😂
Only ones I have that drop right on are rtr bodies!! 🙃😜
To elaborate, any body that I paint, cut and drill for posts never lines up correctly..🤷‍♂️😁😂😂

Last edited:
I NEVER paint any "clear" body until it is all trimmed/ cut and body post holes made. I never had any problems this way. Perfect every time. You will have a very hard time making any body post holes with a Painted body. It rarely lines up. Been there with prepainted bodies before. Unless it is a stocker replacementt body. Even some prepainted stockers are not truly accurrate at the body holes.

I NEVER paint any "clear" body until it is all trimmed/ cut and body post holes made. I never had any problems this way. Perfect every time. You will have a very hard time making any body post holes with a Painted body. It rarely lines up. Been there with prepainted bodies before. Unless it is a stocker replacementt body. Even some prepainted stockers are not truly accurrate at the body holes.
Good catch! I type in dyslexia 🙃😂😂

I know you better than this. What happened there??:LOL:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back