New Tekno SCT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
I suspect it will be a very race-oriented, much like the typhon TLR. So I would expect bashability will be slightly less. The SL moniker typically stands for "super light" in the tekno realm, which would mean this is a SCT with even more weight savings (mostly based on size).

Interesting, nonetheless.

Looks like they went away from 48P spur/pinion and a sliding motor mount to 32(?)P and fixed mesh adjustments. Like the first but not sure about the second.

sct410sl_19.jpg

Everything looks different. Totally new design. Looks very well braced front to rear. For racing for sure.

Looks like they went away from 48P spur/pinion and a sliding motor mount to 32(?)P and fixed mesh adjustments. Like the first but not sure about the second.

View attachment 277010
The ET410 uses 32P and this appears to be the same platform. I’m also not a fan of them adding the fixed mesh - I wonder why they did that.

The ET410 uses 32P and this appears to be the same platform. I’m also not a fan of them adding the fixed mesh - I wonder why they did that.

You're right. I stopped looking at the EB410.2 - never had an ET410 and assumed the EB/ET's were both 48P. I stand corrected and you know what happens when you assume. :)

You're right. I stopped looking at the EB410.2 - never had an ET410 and assumed the EB/ET's were both 48P. I stand corrected and you know what happens when you assume. :)
I didn’t know the EB used 48p. I assumed it was 32p like the ET.

Weren't you the one that told me that race kits make good bashers?

1/8 scale... 1/10 scale race kits make terrible bashers. There are some exceptions, like the "1/10" SCT410.3 is really a 1/8 platform in disguise, but this thing is based on the EB/ET410 platform which is one of the most fragile 1/10 4wd platforms I've owned.

1/8 scale... 1/10 scale race kits make terrible bashers. There are some exceptions, like the "1/10" SCT410.3 is really a 1/8 platform in disguise, but this thing is based on the EB/ET410 platform which is one of the most fragile 1/10 4wd platforms I've owned.
Well it's a good thing I bought a Bandit instead of a Losi 22 5.0 for bashing then.

All depends on what one is doing. The SCT make a great small yard, limited space basher.

Old one, sure. Not the new one. I’ve also experienced fragility with the Tekno 1/10 platform.
How can you make a judgment on the new, not even out yet. By the pictures it looks much better built than the old one. Good looking bracing front to rear. New battery hold down. Looks really good to me. In many ways, better than the old. Need time for it to be built and tested. Sure some one will offer metal bracing to replace the plastic. I like the looks, but my stable is full for now.

I like how the rear bumper ends two inches before the body. The body will make a great bumper for the…. bumper. 😀

How can you make a judgment on the new, not even out yet. By the pictures it looks much better built than the old one. Good looking bracing front to rear. New battery hold down. Looks really good to me. In many ways, better than the old. Need time for it to be built and tested. Sure some one will offer metal bracing to replace the plastic. I like the looks, but my stable is full for now.
Because I own an ET410.2 which is very similar and probably shares nearly every part.

Because I own an ET410.2 which is very similar and probably shares nearly every part.
Another self appointed expert of something you have no experience with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back