New Tekno skid plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Figured I’d share for all my fellow MT410 and SCT410 owners:

TKR5031 – Skid Plate (rear, steel, all 1.x, 2pcs)
Protect the chassis of your SCT410.3 and MT410 with these new rear skid plates! Made from laser etched stainless steel, these skid plates significantly extend the life of your chassis. The plates are only 0.5mm thick, weigh less than 10 grams, and we've included two for extra value! The screw holes are countersunk, so they won't protrude and impact the handling of your vehicle. They are compatible with the SCT410.3 and MT410 as well as our older .3 and .4 versions of the EB/NB/ET/NT48 vehicles. No additional parts are required.

Last edited:
Funny how a big chunk of the Tekno crew is here as well. :)
It's kind of weird that Tekno has expanded into the bashing crowd, but other racing brands haven't. It's rare to see a TLR, TA, X-Ray, etc. out bashing.

Funny how a big chunk of the Tekno crew is here as well. :)
I got to get a set!
ABD675A0-89D6-4AEF-BFB3-99440945B413.jpeg
AD7F0226-1588-4654-934B-4FF78F900AF3.jpeg

A6A359CF-517C-4BBD-B9DA-E362862C91E1.jpeg

It’s a fun truck. What power system and voltage are you planning?
Lol- no clue yet. Been so busy with other rigs and now the Holidays, haven't started my research yet. It'll be something tame for my track.

It's kind of weird that Tekno has expanded into the bashing crowd, but other racing brands haven't. It's rare to see a TLR, TA, X-Ray, etc. out bashing.
The racing crowd is slim. And Tekno makes durable precision rigs. Why they easily crossed over as bashers for so many. MT410 was a parts bin design made from many 1/8 and SCT parts, a mut, meant for Bashing. This started bashing with Tekno.
Me included. And I like the fact that it isn't a Baller. ( no pivot Balls) Different than my Arrma 6s rigs. A C-hub type front end changes up the driving style needed. A different personality altogether(y)

Last edited:
Why they easily crossed over as bashers for so may. MT410 was a parts bin design made from many 1/8 and SCT parts, a mut, meant for Bashing. This started bashing with Tekno.
I wonder why other manufacturers haven’t done the same thing. They could all basically do the same parts bin monster truck design.

TLR and TA and others for example, already have their other Basher models. Just that they tend to keep their Race stuff separate. The small Racer niche crowd would be upset other wise. It's a marketting thing IMHO.
Tekno started out as a small Upgrade parts RC company. They matured differently than the other RC Race brands.

💡 it would be nice if manufacturers figured out a way to make the rear of the chassis .5 mm thicker as opposed to having to add a skid plate.

Last edited:
💡 it would be nice if manufacturers figured out a way to make the rear of the chassis .5 mm thicker as opposed to having to ad a skid plate.
A skid plate(s) can be replaced cheaply and easily. A Sacrificial consumable part that protects the $chassis$.

Interesting and cool that Tekno has come out with something like this. I'm still leaning towards the Sumo Racing steel skid set myself. I like the added coverage and they are twice as thick. Gotta stop spending and save up for them!
https://www.sumo-racing.com/product...-tekno-eb-nt-scte-1-0-2-0-3-0-series-vehicles
I agree, I would prefer a beefier skid plate as well.. I think these are aimed more towards racers who wanna make a chassis last a little longer maybe? IDK. Maybe they should be titanium..be cool to see some sparks flying out the back😎
I've been rocking some 3d printed ones I made a couple years back, found them on thingiverse. I printed a half dozen of them front and rear. The fronts didn't hold up too well so I gave up on those..
A skid plate(s) can be replaced cheaply and easily. A Sacrificial consumable part that protects the $chassis$.
Good point.
I recently put my mt410 onto a Tekno ET48.3 chassis.. I should either pony up for a skid plate or make one.. I know I'm going to be using the truck ALOT more now on the longer wheelbase. It's freaking awesome!! Just threw a TC 6s system into it too, had a blx185 but with the improved handling I felt it deserved a better system.
💡 it would be nice if manufacturers figured out a way to make the rear of the chassis .5 mm thicker as opposed to having to add a skid plate.
I've been thinking all along that an Arrma exb chassis should have been made from 5mm stock, rtr, 4mm.. guarantee that would eliminate at least 80 percent of bashers complaints about the Arrma's. Eh, what do I know..

Last edited:
I think this comment sums it all up. Without skid plates, the chassis becomes the wear item. Might as well invest in a replaceable skid plate to take the wear on behalf of your chassis.

The Arrma SS skids I use do wear out completely depending how and where you bash. Used on my TLRT ( F+R). They have produced sparks on asphalt and cement..:giggle: The rear one needs replacing. The rear end chassis slaps the ground more so, how I bash.
But again they are sacrificial parts to be replaced at some point.
They are also Heavy FWIW.
RPM Nylon skids might last longer and are much lighter. Nylon creates less friction against pavement perhaps.( 6s rigs) Food for thought.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/steel-skid/ARA320625.html
or

https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...or-arrma-durango-8th-and-10th-scale-vehicles/

or this one depending on your exact model.

https://www.rpmrcproducts.com/shop/...-plates/rea-skid-plate-for-arrma-6s-vehicles/

Pick your poison.:cool:

Last edited:
I think this comment sums it all up. Without skid plates, the chassis becomes the wear item. Might as well invest in a replaceable skid plate to take the wear on behalf of your chassis.
The most cost effective and sensible solution indeed.
The Arrma SS skids I use do wear out completely depending how and wear you bash. Used on my TLRT ( F+R). The rear one needs replacing.
But again they are sacrificial parts to be relaced at some point.
They are also Heavy FWIW.
RPM Nylon skids might last longer and are lighter. Food for thought.
Buggies do "drag ass" more than truggies or monster truggies for sure.. I can see your point👍

Pretty sure you only need skid plates if you use the truck?🤣🤣 Just messin with ya!!
Nice build!! I really like the monochromatic theme too!! I know what I do to my rigs..and an elaborate paint job is a waste of time to me,LOL. To each their own✌
Pretty sure you only need skid plates if you use the truck?🤣🤣 Just messin with ya!!
Nice build!! I really like the monochromatic theme too!! I know what I do to my rigs..and an elaborate paint job is a waste of time to me,LOL. To each their own✌
😭😂🤣😂🤣 me and my son built it 6 months ago and my 10 month old is infatuated with it so it’s been a inside rig. Luckily I have plenty of rigs so no biggie!! one day it will get out in the wild!!
4E699DC3-8163-4650-A8A1-E635915F5FB1.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back