New tires and bumper on my Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
The Pro-line belted HP Trencher 2.8 tires mounted on Pro-line Raid wheels with 17mm adapters arrived yesterday, and they have been installed on my Typhon 3s. Vehicle is shown with the T Bone Racing Guardian front bumper I had installed previously.

Typhon 3s with Pro-line Trenchers.jpg

Pretty mean looking ride!
I didn't like the Trenchers on my granite, but only because they would traction roll when on the street too easy. Lower CG of the Typhon should make that less of an issue (also depends on how much street running and high speed turns you typically like to do). They did have lot of grip on the street though!

Those are some heavy tires. Be prepared to gear down to keep the heat from burning up your motor.

Those are nice tires, but very heavy. Stocked up on extra parts. You will be breaking a lot with those tires.

Those are some heavy tires. Be prepared to gear down to keep the heat from burning up your motor.
I'm not a serious basher: I have the stock gearing, and I have my transmitter limited to 75% throttle since I don't have a large enough open area to run the Typhon 3S at full throttle. Plus, 75% is fast enough for me. Yesterday I ran the Typhon both in my yard and on the street for quite awhile, and neither the motor nor ESC ever got hotter than barely warm to the touch. For the type of running I do I don't think I will have heat issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back