Kraton New tires and longer hinge pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Welp, threw the foams out of a rear tire (which is shocking considering my fronts were complete pizza cutters). I've been please with the Copperheads, but perhaps I should make the switch to the Backflips? Thoughts?

Also, due to my rear mudguards my rear hub pins (hingepins? Idk) are not quite long enough to engage the nylon on a lock nut. Can I get slightly longer rear pins? Or maybe I can just reverse the lock nut so the nylon threads first?

This pin:
20210516_175418.jpg

Edit: Oh, any one have ideas for better wheel lock nuts? Mine come loose at least every pack, I hate it. The M2C ones perhaps?

Hinge pins are the pins that hold the arms in on the center right by the chassis but i'm failing to think of a reason why your screw isn't long enough on the hub? that's odd.

if you wanna completely eliminate pizza cutter tires, buy some belted tires or wrap some wire around your tires. Even zip ties would work for a bit.

For the wheel nut, you just gotta tighten that female dog on as hard as you can, tap into your old man strength and DO IT. But m2c racing makes nice stuff.

Hinge pins are the pins that hold the arms in on the center right by the chassis but i'm failing to think of a reason why your screw isn't long enough on the hub? that's odd.

if you wanna completely eliminate pizza cutter tires, buy some belted tires or wrap some wire around your tires. Even zip ties would work for a bit.

For the wheel nut, you just gotta tighten that female dog on as hard as you can, tap into your old man strength and DO IT. But m2c racing makes nice stuff.

Not quite old yet I must say haha. The bolt is not long enough due to the rear mudguard I have installed. It's not very thick, but thick enough to keep the nylon bit of a lock nut from engaging. If I tighten it any further it will cause the arms to start binding.

The pizza cutting isn't terrible, I don't mind it. Makes flat out driving on dirt more exciting than ever. Plus, I've already 300k diff fluid in the center and that's as thick as I want to go.

Probably will just tighten it harder. I doubt even the M2C lock nuts will increase their hold on the tires THAT much. Plus I've always got my wheel wrench with me.

You'll mind it when your foam comes flying out of your tires all the time. I really recommend trying to prevent that.

then bust out that young man strength and tighten those puppies down until it feels like your thumb might snap. Although i take no responsibility if something bad happens. :)

Ah yea, the mud guards LOL that part completely left my brain when replying. I suppose you could see if Ace Hardware has a bolt slightly longer.

I'd drill out a hole for the hub, doesn't look like it would mess with the integrity too much if there's 3 other bolts going thru them.

My guard only has two holes, like the image with the red guard. May have to drill a the pin hole bigger and then make a new hole for what looks like an unused screw point on the front of the rear arm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back