Kraton New tires for the Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
So... @Rich Duperbash said he liked em.. so I figured why not I’ll give it a go... copperhead 2’s we’re whooped... had these sitting on the shelf from when I sold my xmaxx.... ??‍♂️

so I drilled em up and trimmed the hex and bada bing bada boom ... new tires on the kraton ?

BB52B4E8-F189-4A42-9797-1FCFC9DBB142.png

the picture makes these rear tires look way positive camber but it’s just the camera angle... I just got done doing a semi-alignment. (Bashers alignment ;) lol)
679D91C4-F35D-4D3C-AF4B-AEE7B1DB6CFE.jpeg
B079F5CF-6BB2-47B8-907F-C43C3EE55C5F.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure when that will make it out for me to run it! Hopefully soon. I don’t have an xmaxx anymore... so yea... I did haha. The k8s is the only rig I have that they’ll work on ??‍♂️

Not sure when that will make it out for me to run it! Hopefully soon. I don’t have an xmaxx anymore... so yea... I did haha. The k8s is the only rig I have that they’ll work on ??‍♂️
Oh , because I have an Xmaxx , but don't want to ruin the tires then to put on my K8s .

Oh , because I have an Xmaxx , but don't want to ruin the tires then to put on my K8s .
I’m not sure if they’d still work on the xmaxx. But I do believe they make adaptors so they would still work... ?? remember seeing a video somewhere on it but can’t be 100%

20200616_100357.jpg

I did the same thing to my 4.3 trenchers, had to drill them out to fit. I do not have an x-maxx but my friend does, so we tried to fit them and they would not sit well. You'll definitely need to fill the area where the material has been removed in order to use them on an x-maxx, because you can't safely secure the wheel nuts otherwise...

View attachment 98796
I did the same thing to my 4.3 trenchers, had to drill them out to fit. I do not have an x-maxx but my friend does, so we tried to fit them and they would not sit well. You'll definitely need to fill the area where the material has been removed in order to use them on an x-maxx, because you can't safely secure the wheel nuts otherwise...

You need wheel nut adapters to run the wheels on the Xmaxx after you have drilled them for the larger hub

06919780-8A23-4B2F-9ED8-BE387B5244A2.jpeg

Last edited:
Are there any wheel/tire sets that are made to direct fit the 8s krayton/outcast without drilling? I have the outcast and i'm sure i will need to be shopping for new tires in a couple months at my current wear rate :) I cant believe Proline hasn't made a set to fit yet.

Are there any wheel/tire sets that are made to direct fit the 8s krayton/outcast without drilling? I have the outcast and i'm sure i will need to be shopping for new tires in a couple months at my current wear rate :) I cant believe Proline hasn't made a set to fit yet.

There are some 1/5 scale wheel /tire options that don’t require drilling. However they are smaller in size and marketed for the HPI Baja and similar type buggy vehicles. Your best options are still Proline MX43, Powerhobby Scorpions, or Duratrax Six Packs / Lockups. The stock Deboots, XMaxx tires and Proline Trenchers balloon too much. Drilling the center of the wheel slightly larger with a 3/4” step bit takes about 2 minutes.

0A7ACC55-B4FB-4341-BCB9-D7B3B672F0F4.jpeg

There are some 1/5 scale wheel /tire options that don’t require drilling. However they are smaller in size and marketed for the HPI Baja and similar type buggy vehicles. Your best options are still Proline MX43, Powerhobby Scorpions, or Duratrax Six Packs / Lockups. The stock Deboots, XMaxx tires and Proline Trenchers balloon too much. Drilling the center of the wheel slightly larger with a 3/4” step bit takes about 2 minutes.

View attachment 99346
Weird, the pic of the step bit didn't show up till it did a reply. Thanks for that, I was thinking I would need to use a standard drill bit and was worried I would make the wheel off balance. The step bit makes sense, and has me much less worried about drilling them. I really like the look of the prolines. I will have to look at the dimensions to see how they compare to the stock ones on the outcast

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back