Kraton New tires...now need stronger servo. suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

familybasher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I just received these beautiful tires:

http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1070.html

They're just a bit bigger, but their tread is much deeper than the stock V2 tread.

Now I need a servo that can turn them. I am looking for a strong and water resistant servo that can turn these tires in the grass.
Please recommend a servo to me that you have personal experience and let me know if any additional modificatins need to be done. Thanks.

I just installed a Savox 1268SG Black Edition Servo today so my experience is 2 battery packs thus far but what can tell you is the speed and torque is much improved over the stock, in fact this servo is rated for 7.4v for even more speed and torque if needed, is water resistant and fits the stock servo mount no problems. What i would say is a definite must with a high torque servo is an upgrade metal servo mount, and I also fitted glitch buster for this servo as well.

I just installed a Savox 1268SG Black Edition Servo today so my experience is 2 battery packs thus far but what can tell you is the speed and torque is much improved over the stock, in fact this servo is rated for 7.4v for even more speed and torque if needed, is water resistant and fits the stock servo mount no problems. What i would say is a definite must with a high torque servo is an upgrade metal servo mount, and I also fitted glitch buster for this servo as well.
Was the glitch buster necessary?

It was recommended and was a freebie when i bought the Savox Servo so I couldn't see any detriment to running it, havn't run without as yet and probably won't. You could essentially make your own for a about $1 if needed.

ProTek 150T = BEAST

.10 sec/345 oz.in. @ 6v
.08sec/ 426 oz.in. @7.4v
Coreless motor
All metal gears
Aluminum heatsink body

It is the Superman of servos. Fast, strong and durable.

It's amazing how much a high quality servo can improve your driving experience.

Savox 1210Sg is water"proof" and has Plenty of torque and speed to get the job done. I have the Duratrax Six Packs on mine, and they are much wider than the tires you got. I know because I have those too.

I run Backflip tires, significantly taller than stock tires, and Savox 1256tg servo, which drops right in. Seems to work just fine. Also did the servo mount mod, very necessary.

My servo saver keeps working it's way loose. After adjusting it turns fine but after running it in grass (not tall) it'll work loose enough to make it seem like the servos not turning stock tires. I have vh servo mount and savox 1256 servo. I'm hopping that is what's on in my situation and it maybe yours as well. Best of luck!

I did the Savox SV 1270 TG. Torque @ 6v is 361 oz-in and that's some nice torque for moving fat meats...Probably over kill so far up the line BUT I wanted to make sure no matter what tire I run in the future I won't have any issues and can get the job done !!! The 1210 and 1256sg's would be fine for most. Anything is better then the stocker as it would only be a matter of time before she fries on you working it so hard so upgrade and be done I say !!!!!

Just got one of these and I am super impressed! 694oz-in stall torque for under $50 shipped!
Screenshot_2017-10-27-14-24-38.png

Savox 1210Sg is water"proof" and has Plenty of torque and speed to get the job done. I have the Duratrax Six Packs on mine, and they are much wider than the tires you got. I know because I have those too.
I just ordered this same one last night from Amazon!!!! Should be here tomorrow.

I am a huge fan of the Blue Bird H50B. I have one in my Nero and it is almost cartoony how fast and strong this thing is. And the best part is you can get it for under $100.

https://flightcomp.com/products/bls-h50b
That thing is so cool looking. I like when companies have their own vision and create something with graffixs . To me it looks way better then just the boring plain old black, white or blue servos from most plus you don't see it anyways as it's under the body lol !!!!

Just got one of these and I am super impressed! 694oz-in stall torque for under $50 shipped! View attachment 13019
I picked up one of the JX PDI-6221MG servos and was not impressed by it at all. It s a $12 servo and performs how you think a $12 servo would perform. There is also quite a lot of slop in the servo, I can turn the servo horn 3-4* in either direction before the gears in the servo actually turn. This can make centering the vehicle a tad difficult at speed.

Last edited:
I picked up one of the JX PDI-6221MG servos and was not impressed by it at all. It s a $12 servo and performs how you think a $12 servo would perform. There is also quite a lot of slop in the servo, I can turn the servo horn 3-4* in either direction before the gears in the servo actually turn. This can make centering the vehicle a tad difficult at speed.

I have it too but haven't tried yet. Currently a PDI-6113MG is in Kraton and it's a lot faster but has some play like the stock one. It also has a 'chatty' nature. Other than those issues plus a little lacking in torque it's fine for a 10-15€ coreless digital servo!

Last edited:
My Savox SW-1211sg is really chatty too, at 6.0v it is faster and has more power than the JX PDI6221MG even though the JX is supposed to be stronger.
Savox
Torque @ 6v - 15.0kg/208.3oz-in
  • Torque @ 7.4v - 18.0kg/250.0oz-in
  • Speed @ 6v - 0.18 sec/60 deg
  • Speed @ 7.4v - 0.10 sec/60 deg
JX
Operating Speed (4.8V): 0.18 sec/60°
Operating Speed (6V): 0.16 sec/60°
Stall Torque (4.8V): 17.25 kg.cm (239.55oz/in)
Stall Torque (6V): 20.32 kg-cm (281.89 oz/in)

I am a huge fan of the Blue Bird H50B. I have one in my Nero and it is almost cartoony how fast and strong this thing is. And the best part is you can get it for under $100.

https://flightcomp.com/products/bls-h50b

how does this even make sense, hitec and savox ratings don't even come to those ratings yet are much higher priced

its obvious that this is not a well known brand, but how is the reliability and warranty of this

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back