Kraton New tires on my kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opua

Reaction score
Hi to everyone, i'd Like to fit a new tires on my kraton 6s but i am undecided between this Ar510092 and this Ar550050. I don't understand which are the difference... The Hex is 17 in both?

Hi to everyone, i'd Like to fit a new tires on my kraton 6s but i am undecided between this Ar510092 and this Ar550050. I don't understand which are the difference... The Hex is 17 in both?
They will both fit your Kraton
Both great tires, good grip on dirt and grass
Both can handle 6s power and even some 8s w throttle control 😁

092 = Backflips - they’re a little bigger and more cushion are better than Lps if doing big jumps and flips IMO

050 = Backflip Lps - little smaller - lighter -
better if not big jumping IMO

They will both fit your Kraton
Both great tires, good grip on dirt and grass
Both can handle 6s power and even some 8s w throttle control 😁

092 = Backflips - they’re a little bigger and more cushion are better than Lps if doing big jumps and flips IMO

050 = Backflip Lps - little smaller - lighter -
better if not big jumping IMO
Thank you for your reply! So both have 17mm Hex, right? I was afraid to making a mistake in the purchase. I'll take 050 because i want the model to be more manageable

092 > 050

092 = Outcast 6s and Notorious 6s stock tires
050 = Outcast 4s stock tires.

For me it is essential that they have 17mm hex

As steve said earlier, both have 17mm hex and both will fit on your kraton. Personally, I've had much better luck with the 092 but a lot of people here like the 050 as well. If it were me, I'd buy the 092.

Either way they're both 17mm hex!!

As steve said earlier, both have 17mm hex and both will fit on your kraton. Personally, I've had much better luck with the 092 but a lot of people here like the 050 as well. If it were me, I'd buy the 092.

Either way they're both 17mm hex!!
Perfect thank you to all! 👍

the ARA550050 is how big the stock tires are. you go bigger and your putting more stress and, more importantly, heat into your motor. don't go with the taller ones unless your gonna re gear to compensate.

the ARA550050 is how big the stock tires are. you go bigger and your putting more stress and, more importantly, heat into your motor. don't go with the taller ones unless your gonna re gear to compensate.
In fact, I opt for the ARA550050

You have it backwards. The taller 092 are similar to the stock tire size. 050 is significantly smaller than stock.

Either will work, mt's are larger diameter, about the same size as the copperheads that came on the kraton stock. The other are smaller diameter, LP equals"low profile". If you want to wheelie and do more stunts in the air, go for the MT. The LP do provide a bit more precise handling, but with less gyro effect which helps when stunting and such. Both great tires, the MT have proven more durable overall for me.
Also, the LP are technically for the 4s trucks, while the taller MT is for 6s..many use the LP's on 6s successfully, however, I find that the sidewalls will give out on high traction surfaces rather quickly under 6s loads. Just my experiences.

Last edited:
I find the LP's are more durable than the 6s BF's.
And the lower profile seems to balloon less, IMHO.
I don't do real big air. But I can see how the 6s BF's would have better rotational control with Big Air.
Absolutley check new tires when new out the package before running them. I find I need to use some additional CA around the beads. Last longer. No matter the chosen tires. I recommend balancing them after an initial break in of the tires. Less chance for a blow out IMHO. Foams will seat better once broken in gently for a pack. Then balance them.

Edit.
Need to check the tire beads after each run or so. CA as needed. The tires will last longer.

Last edited:
Either will work, mt's are larger diameter, about the same size as the copperheads that came on the kraton stock. The other are smaller diameter, LP equals"low profile". If you want to wheelie and do more stunts in the air, go for the MT. The LP do provide a bit more precise handling, but with less gyro effect which helps when stunting and such. Both great tires, the MT have proven more durable overall for me.
Also, the LP are technically for the 4s trucks, while the taller MT is for 6s..many use the LP's on 6s successfully, however, I find that the sidewalls will give out on high traction surfaces rather quickly under 6s loads. Just my experiences.
Yea I've had to reglue the backflip lps a helluva lot more than the backflip mt. Literally no comparison, I'm saving all the lp's for the wifey notorious now. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Yea I've had to reglue the backflip lps a helluva lot more than the backflip mt. Literally no comparison, I'm saving all the lp's for the wifey notorious now. :eek: :ROFLMAO:
For my brother and I, it's not so much the LP's come unglued, but rather the sidewalls literally rip.. I have used the MT's on track, but they just aren't "sporty" like the LP's. Don't handle as well. I'm running Losi XTT's on 3 different truggies, they're pretty sweet on the clay track we run. X Cons work well also.

For my brother and I, it's not so much the LP's come unglued, but rather the sidewalls literally rip.. I have used the MT's on track, but they just aren't "sporty" like the LP's. Don't handle as well. I'm running Losi XTT's on 3 different truggies, they're pretty sweet on the clay track we run. X Cons work well also.
I be trying to glue the rips too!!! :eek: :ROFLMAO:

You have it backwards. The taller 092 are similar to the stock tire size. 050 is significantly smaller than stock.
uhhh no:unsure:. this post is in the 6s blx forum. i just measured the tires on my kraton, they are 6 inches tall. the 550050 are 6.1 inches tall, same height as stock. the 510092 are 6.8, larger than stock. read the specs for your self. heres the 050
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...monster-truck-tires-black-2-ara550050/p788658
heres the 092
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...5kcSf6yXJ-dZBcTa0NyJyEBB3sQormboaAm1PEALw_wcB
how on earth did my post only get only 1 like and yours got 5????

uhhh no:unsure:. this post is in the 6s blx forum. i just measured the tires on my kraton, they are 6 inches tall. the 550050 are 6.1 inches tall, same height as stock. the 510092 are 6.8, larger than stock. read the specs for your self. heres the 050
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...monster-truck-tires-black-2-ara550050/p788658
heres the 092
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-...5kcSf6yXJ-dZBcTa0NyJyEBB3sQormboaAm1PEALw_wcB
how on earth did my post only get only 1 like and yours got 5????
You're wrong my guy, copperhead 2 (stock kraton tire) is 6.5 inches or 169mm, 6s backflips are 172mm and backflip lps are 154mm. :cool: (y)

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...mounted-tires-17mm-hex-black-2/ARA550059.html

You're wrong my guy, copperhead 2 (stock kraton tire) is 6.5 inches or 169mm, 6s backflips are 172mm and backflip lps are 154mm. :cool: (y)

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...mounted-tires-17mm-hex-black-2/ARA550059.html
well idky what to say, the tires in my car measure just over 6 inches. i found 2 copperhead 2 tires on arrmas site, one measures 6.5 the other measures exactly what my tire does, 6.14. theres a dboots part number on my tire and of course the only part numbers for these tires anywhere online are arrma part numbers. based on measurements THESE are the ones on my car, which is a lot closer to the 050 than 092 backflips
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/dboots-copperhead2-lp-glued-tires-2/ARA550090.html

well idky what to say, the tires in my car measure just over 6 inches. i found 2 copperhead 2 tires on arrmas site, one measures 6.5 the other measures exactly what my tire does, 6.14. theres a dboots part number on my tire and of course the only part numbers for these tires anywhere online are arrma part numbers. based on measurements THESE are the ones on my car, which is a lot closer to the 050 than 092 backflips
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/dboots-copperhead2-lp-glued-tires-2/ARA550090.html
Those tires you just linked are actually the copperhead 2 LP tires. They are the kraton 4s v2 tires so it make sense they're very similar to the backflip lp tires in size (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back