Senton New tires on my Senton!

Stock or aftermarket tires?

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travis328

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So I've seen way too many bad reviews on the stock tires that this truck comes with so I went out and bought some tires before I even took it out for its first bash.

I found 2 sets of Duratrax Lockups in 1/8 buggy size (for the 17mm hex) http://www.duratrax.com/tires/images-tires/dtxc3615-b.jpg

These tires are awesome! Great traction on grass, pavement, and snow (I live in Canada) and for only $30 per set on rims, I couldn't pass them up!

Has anyone else tried any aftermarket tires?

I have only run mine on a smaller carpet track so far and the stock tires weren't too bad. After 15 minutes of racing, there was slight wear on them. I also got a set of the Losi 1/8 scale buggy asphalt tires to try on carpet because the stock ones, with the 1/8 scale power, were pretty hard on the carpet!! The road tires weren't very good unfortunately on the carpet...couldn't get front to turn in no matter how much I played with suspension. It DoD make for some good drifting tho!! They did get slightly better after a few minutes into each run as they actually built up some heat in them. Next step is some Pro Line Strikers with D E Racing wheels....

Same here 1/8 buggy tire with wheels is the best bet as they clear the top pivot ball!i had to change them too because of the freezin cool here in montreal! 8 foot jump plus minus 20 = exploding wheels.i got some aka moto on spilt six wheels from proline.good durability and they don't make the truck traction roll as much as the badland or mess with the body because of the tall badland spike.

I just put on a set of supra sales (seller on ebay)wheels and tires . needed them for the snow we just recieved.

Duratrax lockups are absolutely fantastic but I'm wanting the Badlands to get more height and make it a Senton Outcast. Lol. Soutcast?

Attachments

• IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0119.JPG
    IMG_0119.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 178
I've thrown on Badlands on the Senton because I didn't like the stock tires at all however they keep rubbing on the inside of the body from hard acceleration and off of high jumps. Anyone recommend a decent tire like the badlands with a lower profile so it doesn't rub underneath the body as much. I've raised the body as high as it will go and stiffened the suspension to the max but still have the rubbing issues.

I've thrown on Badlands on the Senton because I didn't like the stock tires at all however they keep rubbing on the inside of the body from hard acceleration and off of high jumps. Anyone recommend a decent tire like the badlands with a lower profile so it doesn't rub underneath the body as much. I've raised the body as high as it will go and stiffened the suspension to the max but still have the rubbing issues.

aka moto bro!!

aka moto bro!!
and maybe you should try 1/8 buggy wheel to.much more stable! :)

try looking up three post lol

Malik - One - you need to get the higher posts TWO - you need to most definitely cut the shell fenders

Mine don't rub at all... so in love with that lil monster - throwing in Castle Motor 2200Kv

Attachments

• IMG_0637.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG
    320.1 KB · Views: 149
I run the Duratrax Lockups on mine most of the time. Also have some Banditos for on road. Both are buggy tires. Banditos have some super grip onroad.

Just sayin, but those (I'm assuming) Yeti XL tires look insanely fun on the Nero!!!
Malik - One - you need to get the higher posts TWO - you need to most definitely cut the shell fenders

Mine don't rub at all... so in love with that lil monster - throwing in Castle Motor 2200Kv

Back