Talion New tires trip report - Louise T-Rock and ST-Viper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piecejointe

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
The T-Rock first:

Similar diameter to the stock tires, a bit wide, more sidewall.
After 2 packs I had to completely reglue them
They are fantastic for bashing
They rub a little on the top arm.

ST-Viper

Louise's newest serie of tires. A bit of offset, but these are massive.
Beadlock! Feels heavy but I didn't weight them. Balloon verry little for the size.
Don't rub but let's be honest, these are ridiculously oversized on the Talion. Keep in mind the T-Rock are already a bit bigger than standard trugy tires. These are gigantic.
They would look at home on a 1/5 scale vehicle imho.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 285
  • 001a.JPG
    001a.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 232
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 246
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 242
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 218
From another thread:
Backflips (Outcast's stock tires)- 351 grams
Minokawa D-Boots (Kraton's stock tires)- 283 grams
Badlands - 244 grams.

Katar (Talion V3 stock tires): 203g
Louise T-Rock: 257g

Aaaaan the winner is... Louise ST-Viper, at a whopping 458g.
Holy poop

The T-Rock first:

Similar diameter to the stock tires, a bit wide, more sidewall.
After 2 packs I had to completely reglue them
They are fantastic for bashing
They rub a little on the top arm.

ST-Viper

Louise's newest serie of tires. A bit of offset, but these are massive.
Beadlock! Feels heavy but I didn't weight them. Balloon verry little for the size.
Don't rub but let's be honest, these are ridiculously oversized on the Talion. Keep in mind the T-Rock are already a bit bigger than standard trugy tires. These are gigantic.
They would look at home on a 1/5 scale vehicle imho.
Thank you for 'testing' them. ☺ Would you buy the T-rocks again? I am considering them for my Talion. Don't know if I should choose the 'sport' compound or the 'soft' compound? The (more expensive) soft compound seems to come with closed cell inserts as well...

Funny I got an email about your message as I was back from the LHS where I bought 4 new trocks...
Soft is the way to go. Foams and grip on the sport ones aren't good.

Thx! Good to know. Can you tell how the T-rocks handle on a track? Last week I bought the T-pro Highlander truggy tires, basically the same as Louise T-Apollo, but with closed truggy rims. These all come in the same compound and the same insert. They don't tell if it's sport or soft... ? Will test them next week... ?

I've had the originals and white label ones and the non Louise ones are definitely the sport ones. Soft compound is sticy, and the foams are much firmer.
They handle well on the local BMX track but it's quite damaged and usually either very muddy or very dusty, also full of tiny rocks in the ground. I wouldn't use them on a cleanly sweeped and watered clay track, but for everything else they are nice.

UPDATE on the T-Rocks.
The Sport ones come with crappy foam inserts.
The Soft ones havce a soft closed cell foam that is firmer.
Since I had 4 Sport ones with destroyed foams but otherwised fine, I put AKA truggy foams in them: First off they are much much more firm than even the Louise closed cell inserts, and they also weight a whopping 13 grams more per tire! Still, better than trashing the whole wheel, and nobody stocks Louise's foams anyway.
I'll try them on the track but I suspect the super hard foams and extra weight are going to make it quite a different car...

UPDATE on the T-Rocks.
The Sport ones come with crappy foam inserts.
The Soft ones havce a soft closed cell foam that is firmer.
Since I had 4 Sport ones with destroyed foams but otherwised fine, I put AKA truggy foams in them: First off they are much much more firm than even the Louise closed cell inserts, and they also weight a whopping 13 grams more per tire! Still, better than trashing the whole wheel, and nobody stocks Louise's foams anyway.
I'll try them on the track but I suspect the super hard foams and extra weight are going to make it quite a different car...

Did you have issues with the T-rock tires coming loose from the rims? My T-pro highlanders (Louise T-apollo) are separating after only 2 packs...

Yes, but I have this with nearly every tire so far, Arrma's, Proline, Louise, Medial Pro... It's not particularly worse on the Louise ;-)

Hmm… And did you notice any difference between the Sports vs the Softs in how easy the tires are separating from the rim?

Can't say I have. The foam in the sports is so bad however that I'll never buy them again.

Thank you, man. All very useful information. I'm gonna order some T-rocks soon for running on our track (which is in bad shape)...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back