Kraton New to Arma/RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loots66

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Well, I'm pretty excited about this hobby. I had originally purchased a Traxxas Slash 4x4 based on reviews and research. My son and I had about 5 min of run time before the ESC burned up on day 1, totally not what I was expecting especially for the money. While it was down I purchased some upgrade parts to make it Monster Slash, mods included Proline 2.8 Trenchers, and Proline lift kit. Simple!!

In the mean time, I got pretty excited when I came across Arma RC products, long story short I ended purchasing a Kraton V3 from a hobby shop about 40 minutes out. Wow, out of the box fun, no issues, and now a very happy ARMA Kraton customer. My son and I ran the Kraton hard for 3 weeks, nearly everyday for some times twice a day. First I broke the A-Arm, no problem fix and thank you RPM. Then we did a ton of jumps and I think I broke the rear differential. As in most hobby's, now its time to repair/upgrade.

I ordered the following parts.
  • MugeE206 shims
  • AR310498 input shaft
  • FastEddy Bearing kit
  • Arrma gear set
  • Team Associated oils 50k 30k and 100k
  • RMP front bumper
  • RMP rear skid plate
  • TBone Racing rear bumper
  • Proline Badlands the smaller ones
  • SMC 7400/90c 6S lipo
  • Hot Racing Servo Mount
  • Duratrax pit
  • Misc. RC Tool set
A couple of other things too..anyway I can't wait until the parts arrive to I could mod and get back to the road.

The Traxxas is for sale BTW..

Welcome to the forum! Looks like you went all out, hope you post some pics when it's all done! Good choice of battery, I think that is what my next purchase will be.

Yeap, I’ll try and post some pics. I’m sure I’ll have some questions along the way.

Are there any other mods I should do at this time.

Hi, looks goods man! All the upgrades you mentioned will make it better. I would get the dBoots Backflip instead of the badlands (personal experience). I think you don't need the RPM rear skid plate in combination with the Tbone.

And we can always upgrade more to improve :D

- hot racing alu sway bar holders, one of the most underrated upgrades but very effective. The stock plastic ones will start swaying also...
- better servo
- alu chassis braces
- tekno springs

If you fly it he last 2 are very helpfull :)

Good luck and have fun!

Well, I finally got around to install the wheel bearings, servo mount, fans on the motor, and did some other general cleaning. I just waiting for the diff lube to arrive so I could shim them and install the remaining bearings. I also messed around a bit and painted the lettering on the tires.

Has any one plastic dipped the wheels?

Well, I'm pretty excited about this hobby. I had originally purchased a Traxxas Slash 4x4 based on reviews and research. My son and I had about 5 min of run time before the ESC burned up on day 1, totally not what I was expecting especially for the money. While it was down I purchased some upgrade parts to make it Monster Slash, mods included Proline 2.8 Trenchers, and Proline lift kit. Simple!!

In the mean time, I got pretty excited when I came across Arma RC products, long story short I ended purchasing a Kraton V3 from a hobby shop about 40 minutes out. Wow, out of the box fun, no issues, and now a very happy ARMA Kraton customer. My son and I ran the Kraton hard for 3 weeks, nearly everyday for some times twice a day. First I broke the A-Arm, no problem fix and thank you RPM. Then we did a ton of jumps and I think I broke the rear differential. As in most hobby's, now its time to repair/upgrade.

I ordered the following parts.
  • MugeE206 shims
  • AR310498 input shaft
  • FastEddy Bearing kit
  • Arrma gear set
  • Team Associated oils 50k 30k and 100k
  • RMP front bumper
  • RMP rear skid plate
  • TBone Racing rear bumper
  • Proline Badlands the smaller ones
  • SMC 7400/90c 6S lipo
  • Hot Racing Servo Mount
  • Duratrax pit
  • Misc. RC Tool set
A couple of other things too..anyway I can't wait until the parts arrive to I could mod and get back to the road.

The Traxxas is for sale BTW..

Lol the traxxas is for sale that seems to b what we all say once u get behind the wheel of a arrma. And good choice going with the smaller trenchers I put the 3.8s on my outcast they look amazing. Had 1 good session with them on and ate the teeth off the stock servo, and of course like everything else it seems on backorder till March so I went with the savox 1210 very happy now.

Attachments

• 20180215_185419.jpg
    20180215_185419.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 50
  • 20180216_141102.jpg
    20180216_141102.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 20180215_185507.jpg
    20180215_185507.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 20180216_211032.jpg
    20180216_211032.jpg
    470.1 KB · Views: 55
Well the Traxxas sold!! As soon as it did I went to Hobby World and bought the Outcast.

I’m still modding the Kraton but just waiting on parts.

I finished shimming the diffs, replacing the bearings, and added the 17 tooth "spur" gear. This thing screams, its freaking fast, seems to roll better and sounds amazing. My diff fluid setup is 60k in the front, 100k in the center and 30k in the rear. It pulls the front wheels off the ground like a champ, off the line its very quick. I'm glad I did the shim mod, I'll be doing the same to the Outcast. I'll post a video soon.

You have acquired a rig on the fixed up versions. ARRMA had a bad batch of ESC and motors a while back, so everything has been worked out.

Am glad you are having fun bashing that beast. Its amazing how much of a beating the trucks can take. So far I have only broken a rear bearing, mostly my fault for not cleaning it on time. I kind out liked the mud out look so left it that way. I would say bent shock towers, nothing a vice and a hammer cant do.

*the only thing to keep a lookout is the battery and esc cables don't get into the spur gear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back