Granite New to Arrma can’t decide Granite or Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blindside

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all, good to see a forum still going strong.
I’ve spent the last 2 months deciding on an arrma and during that most have now gone out of stock (covid)
Originally was swaying towards a granite BLX but noticed a few threads saying it’s not as reliable as I read a year ago - recent ones dodgy? And then there’s the Kraton 4s. Parts here in UK going to be pretty scarce for a while whichever I chose no doubt - but which one do owners recommend?

General bashing over short grass and the occasional woods / trail jumps and a small ramp in the garden. Maybe a skate park (if parts come back in stock haha)

thanks very much in advance any advice appreciated

I have a K4S so I would be biased. If you want an off-road RC you obviously want something to tackle everything you throw at it and smaller tyres just won't do it. To me, between the two, the Kraton is better off-road, it's more powerful and with a wider stance it's more stable.

UK RC shops like wheelspin and modelsport still have it in stock but I notice they have gone up in price - £349 to £399.

Whatever you do, take it easy during this time, I broke two of my rear arms (well my friend broke it but that's another story), I have ordered some and they will come at the end of June. :cautious:

Thanks for reply mate. I do think the Kraton seems like a better all rounder I actually didn’t like how it looked a while back but swaying towards it now. End of June sucks for parts but understand most companies in same boat.
Yes Kraton 4s now £399 and it was £379 a few weeks ago up from £349. Starting to think I’m better off holding out till later in the summer and seeing what the deal is....

Iwill say granite for your first arrma cheaper to maintain also people have been having issues with the kraton 4s but they are fixable and have simple solutions but i don't thinks its a good idea for your first arrma vehicule

Kraton brother but I have a Kraton and watching my buddy drive his Granite makes me want one too!

If I had to have one Id go Kraton but Granite looks just CHILL

Thanks for reply mate. I do think the Kraton seems like a better all rounder I actually didn’t like how it looked a while back but swaying towards it now. End of June sucks for parts but understand most companies in same boat.
Yes Kraton 4s now £399 and it was £379 a few weeks ago up from £349. Starting to think I’m better off holding out till later in the summer and seeing what the deal is....
How is the availability for the K4S? I heard they were impossible to find in the EU.

You won't see an update to the 4S trucks until almost a year from now. Maybe go Granite and run that until the revamped 4S line releases.

How is the availability for the K4S? I heard they were impossible to find in the EU.

You won't see an update to the 4S trucks until almost a year from now. Maybe go Granite and run that until the revamped 4S line releases.
At present I can see stock in U.K.:
Senton 3s
Granite 3s
Kraton 4s (Wheelspin models U.K. website)
Kraton 8s

My worry is I buy one and probably break something parts arnt due till late June or later - crap situation

May just purchase the Granite and hide it in a cupboard somewhere until RPM stuff etc comes back in! Not used to down time due to low stock - I feel for those needing stuff

At present I can see stock in U.K.:
Senton 3s
Granite 3s
Kraton 4s (Wheelspin models U.K. website)
Kraton 8s

My worry is I buy one and probably break something parts arnt due till late June or later - crap situation

May just purchase the Granite and hide it in a cupboard somewhere until RPM stuff etc comes back in! Not used to down time due to low stock - I feel for those needing stuff
Well gun toy head, I'd say the K4S would break before the Granite. The Granite (and BRCC) is a tough little truck. It's plastic and it's light. I think the K4S is more versatile but based on durability I'd go with the Granite (or BRCC).

Granite chassis and arms are shorter than the Kraton so I think of those two things the likelihood of the Kraton breaking them first is higher. However I would say both trucks have about the same amount of pros and cons but since you're coming into this new to the hobby I think the granite would be slightly easier to source parts and more forgiving for new drivers.

If you are willing to spend the $ on a K4s you should throw the outcast 4s in the mix. Just a thought as it’s more of a comparison imo.

K4s was my first true hobby grade. I’ve since purchased a senton and granite blx. For me the kraton has been very forgiving, others around here havnt been so lucky.

You can’t go wrong with any of these. Go with the granite you’d still be happy and spend that extra cash on a decent battery.

Cheers guys. Not new to hobby, just Arrma.
Agree aim was to buy a granite / Kraton along with spares but non are in stock for over a month hence my worry. Could not find rpm parts arms etc
Edit - yep radio will go in the bin.
Think I will wait till end of summer to purchase as the stock levels put me off buying and bashing an arrma right now, take it many you have cars off the road?

I've owned both and think the Granite is better.

Hi all just an update. Over last few days I started to think about why I’m buying an Arrma to add to my collection and where I would take it and bash it. An outcast 4s came up and I took the plunge? I really don’t like how the Kraton looks just personal taste really and the Granite just keeps rising in price to £340.

Going to run the Outcast on 3s for a while - will search forum for advice on this but in case anyone can add :
50c 4000mah 3s ok? Or am I wanting 5000mah
looking at the gensacearespammers bashing 50c 4000s

thanks for all the advice much appreciated

50c 4000mah 3s ok? Or am I wanting 5000mah
looking at the gensacearespammers bashing 50c 4000s
Either would be fine but the 5000 will give you a bit more runtime, that's the way I would go.

Really depends what you want to do. Kraton 4s will be faster, more stable at speed and will stay more balanced in the air. With the shorter wheelbase, the Granite turns quicker and will do flips more easily. If you have lots of open ground, not really looking to do flips when you jump, I'd say the Kraton would be better. I live in a more urban area, space is limited. On smooth flat surfaces, I have trouble finding enough space to go top speed with my Granite, there's usually a wall or curb coming up real fast. I love putting in lots of turns and backflipping so the Granite is right for me. But on hills, high grass, rough terrain the Granite gets slowed down considerably and at times I wish I had more power/speed. (4s upgrade may be in the future.)

Last edited:
Oops, I didn't realize you already got the Outcast. As for a 3s battery, The PowerHobby 7600 mAh on my Granite gives me up to 30 minutes run time. On a 5200 mAh, I was getting 12-15 minutes. The 7600 is a bit heavier, but I haven't really noticed any difference in performance.

Still appreciated the comments GRC? Your explanation of why you have a certain model is exactly why I went for the Outcast over the others as see myself using it more for messing around and jumps etc
And thanks for advice on batterys - struggling to find suitable 3s in UK at the mo without paying silly prices but ended up going for the gensacearespammers ones.

Cheers again decent advice on this forum

Hi all, good to see a forum still going strong.
I’ve spent the last 2 months deciding on an arrma and during that most have now gone out of stock (covid)
Originally was swaying towards a granite BLX but noticed a few threads saying it’s not as reliable as I read a year ago - recent ones dodgy? And then there’s the Kraton 4s. Parts here in UK going to be pretty scarce for a while whichever I chose no doubt - but which one do owners recommend?

General bashing over short grass and the occasional woods / trail jumps and a small ramp in the garden. Maybe a skate park (if parts come back in stock haha)

thanks very much in advance any advice appreciated

my BLX 4x4 has had a decent amount of problems. do not recommend. Customer service has been somewhat poor as well but could be related to COVID pandemic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back