Notorious New to Arrma Notorious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewdog

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Thx for any info-love the engineering behind this rc-ben a traxxas guy forever but for the money arrma is way better-question is this V-3 need diff shims and pinion shims . Still waiting on T2T brace to be developed from t-bone says their company-already installed servo mount -rpm wing mount- Adjustable motor mount-dual motor fans-front-rear brace-light bashing-again thx for any info-Go Arrma and New owner Horizon Hobby

Thx for any info-love the engineering behind this rc-ben a traxxas guy forever but for the money arrma is way better-question is this V-3 need diff shims and pinion shims . Still waiting on T2T brace to be developed from t-bone says their company-already installed servo mount -rpm wing mount- Adjustable motor mount-dual motor fans-front-rear brace-light bashing-again thx for any info-Go Arrma and New owner Horizon Hobby

Welcome man... Go buy like 3 rpm wing mounts, 3 sets of a arms and a new servo and mount to start.... Those are kind of the big ticket items whether you have a million dollars of upgrades or not....

i mean, its good to do to learn the truck and get experience mostly... It is also way easier when the stock gear oil is clean.... Shims can keep the gears from breaking but you have to really beat the crap out of one of these trucks to start worrying about gears... i have all mine shimmed just in case... lol

The V3 rigs don't need internal shims IMHO. The outer shim on the bearing is a must in my book. Just add one extra shim to save the ring/input gears. Other than that, they're good! ?

The V3 rigs don't need internal shims IMHO. The outer shim on the bearing is a must in my book. Just add one extra shim to save the ring/input gears. Other than that, they're good! ?

Yeah, i haven't broke a gear yet and i pummel my trucks... my talion barley takes the outer shim too...Every time i take it apart it still barely goes back in...

I'm with you. The last two 6s BLX trucks I bought I had to remove the internal shims I put in because they were too tight. It's no longer a given that you need to shim the insides of the diffs.

Welcome to the forum Stewdog! You better set aside some time to read the different views on what people think an Arrma needs. Sealed bearings wasn't on your list, but should be. Regarding the difs, the only way to really know, is to completely disassemble and clean them, then reassemble them dry. You need to feel how loose they are to know what they really need. The newer models have shims on the satellite gears, but not under the big sun/planetary ones. The shims between the bearing and the bulkhead are a must, but you need to check what Arrma put on yours out of the box. Too many things to consider, so just go bash it til it breaks, and tinker with the adjustments when you're tearing it down and putting it back together. Run into a snag, just ask here, and someone in the forum will help you through it. Don't forget to have a blast!

Welcome to the forum Stewdog! You better set aside some time to read the different views on what people think an Arrma needs. Sealed bearings wasn't on your list, but should be. Regarding the difs, the only way to really know, is to completely disassemble and clean them, then reassemble them dry. You need to feel how loose they are to know what they really need. The newer models have shims on the satellite gears, but not under the big sun/planetary ones. The shims between the bearing and the bulkhead are a must, but you need to check what Arrma put on yours out of the box. Too many things to consider, so just go bash it til it breaks, and tinker with the adjustments when you're tearing it down and putting it back together. Run into a snag, just ask here, and someone in the forum will help you through it. Don't forget to have a blast!

what he said...

Yeah, i haven't broke a gear yet and i pummel my trucks... my talion barley takes the outer shim too...Every time i take it apart it still barely goes back in...
Yeah I wouldn't force it. Every truck is a little different. If you have good mesh with no diff breaks then leave it stock and send it! :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I wouldn't force it. Every truck is a little different. If you have good mesh with no diff breaks then leave it stock and send it! :ROFLMAO:
When it doubt, send it out!

Another Question please-changed steering servo mount and now when i power the car up the servo immediateley turns to left and stays their and cannot turn with wheel-only controlled by up and down switch on controller and then only goes to extreme right and stays their-any advise-does power for servo in B postion or 3?

Tried another working servo and same result-plugged into reciever#3

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back