Granite New to arrma: thoughts on granite 4x4 3s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylerc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 4s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I got a bit of money now from Christmas I’ve been drooling on the arrma section at the hobby shop for some time. I would like to know peoples thoughts such as possible diff problems, problem parts and common opinions. I’m not an extreme basher maybe one low speed backflip for fun, jumps, driving in the woods, crawling, just fun stuff.

Thanks!

I just got the granite 4x4 blx and have bashed on it pretty hard for a few days, only broken part is the wheelie bar. It has taken many bad landings and just wants to keep going

bro...if you on the line about it, just do it. that question isn't even valid here. Arrma tough baby, there are no common problem parts. Sure, if you're smackin into immovable objects at full speed or landing terrible angles something's gotta give. nothing is unbreakable. that's all driver skill. I've yet to bust something major on any of my rigs. the little stuff has all been due to my crappy driving but I am a much better driver now. not convinced? do your research. check out YouTube. rich duperbash & rcdude 81 send it.

I do recommend you go over all screws/nuts and alignments once you get it. I had an axle fly-off on me second run and found the spur pinion mesh too tight. you gotta realize these units are mass-produced in the hundreds of thousands...QC cant possibly catch every single manufacturing error.

I wish I would have known that Arrma was coming out with a brushless version of the granite when I got mine... The only regret I have on purchasing my mega was not waiting for the bl version...

The brushed Granite 4x4 is the green one right? I mainly know them by the default body colors, Red, Neon Green, and the Orange one which is the one I have. I ask because there's a lot of parts I see on sale for the "green one" when looking for parts for my BLX.

Brushed is green or red... Not orange...
All parts between the MEGA and the BLX will swap without modifications... The only part that can't swap between the two is the slipper assembly without the propper housing, spur,and pinion gears.

Last edited:
Speaking of interchangeable parts, I had an old Stampede 4x4 stock body laying around, unused because it was just so dull looking. I just noticed yesterday that it is the exact same size and shape as the Granite. Wish I had known that before I trashed my Granite's awesome looking body. I just drilled some holes on the Stampede one and will be using that one for bashing at the park.

Most 1/10 bodies will fit with the correct body post sets and maybe a little trimming.

Definitely But there's no trimming to be done with the Stampede one, just drill the holes. I noticed the Granite shell is not as tough though, I took chunks out of it even after taping it and shoe gooing it from the inside. I also lost one of the little rubber body clip holders.

The rear of the truck bed needs some reinforcing with another sheet of Lexan shoe-goo'd in there, otherwise the rear shock tower will punch through the body.

Thank you for the responses I really look forward to getting the granite soon I’ll keep you posted when I get it!

Speaking of interchangeable parts, I had an old Stampede 4x4 stock body laying around, unused because it was just so dull looking. I just noticed yesterday that it is the exact same size and shape as the Granite. Wish I had known that before I trashed my Granite's awesome looking body. I just drilled some holes on the Stampede one and will be using that one for bashing at the park.
I have recently painted a Proline Ford Raptor (made for Stampede)... Fits beautifully. The only caution is where u punch body post holes. I've put pics in another thread FYI.

The rear of the truck bed needs some reinforcing with another sheet of Lexan shoe-goo'd in there, otherwise the rear shock tower will punch through the body.
Yup... On my stock orange lid, my shock towers have punched thru like the Alien coming out of its host.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back