Typhon New to arrma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcfun2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
OK new to Arrma and new to the electric world. I recently picked up a used typhon 6s blx and senton 6s blx. I'm looking at upgrading the typhon (my son's 11 yr old) were not extreme bashers by any means. But I want to teach him about respect responsibilities and mechanics of these vehicles. We will be doing the work together so he learns. I just need some input on what to upgrade and if there are parts I can use that are on other platforms as well.

OK new to Arrma and new to the electric world. I recently picked up a used typhon 6s blx and senton 6s blx. I'm looking at upgrading the typhon (my son's 11 yr old) were not extreme bashers by any means. But I want to teach him about respect responsibilities and mechanics of these vehicles. We will be doing the work together so he learns. I just need some input on what to upgrade and if there are parts I can use that are on other platforms as well.
It's great to have you on board!

You found a Senton 6S!!??!!

Those have been discontinued and HIGHLY sought after!

It's great that you are doing this with your son, that's good stuff!

Just hold on a bit and I'm sure that there will be folks chiming in to welcome you and to give their suggestions.

I do not have a Typhon and my Senton is 3S....

Yea 6s senton is pretty awesome. We're just getting started right now we only have 1 3s battery so neither vehicle is even close to max potential. I've honestly thought about not using the senton since it's so hard to find I hate to ruin it.

As far as off stock setups i'd grab some aluminum center braces for starters and maybe an aluminum servo mount/better servo. Amazon 35kg $35 servo is a solid choice for an upgrade. You can get 6x10x3 bearings for the steering pillars as well that will help free up the turning. Depending on the age of the trucks you could buy 2 complete 6s bearing kits on jim's bearings and it comes with the steering ones as well. If you have the old metal shielded ones on the hubs/diffs it's a solid upgrade. Also when you service your diffs tekjo diffs on ebay is great. He makes a cardboard material one for the cups and for between the bulkhead/chassis. M2c makes a stronger shock stand off and the exb ones are a little more beefy than stock so that might be an upgrade if you find you snap a screw on the stock one. Jennysrc will also have take off screw kits from all of the 6s trucks. You could snag a few of those and be set for extra hardware if needed.
It's great to have you on board!

You found a Senton 6S!!??!!

Those have been discontinued and HIGHLY sought after!

It's great that you are doing this with your son, that's good stuff!

Just hold on a bit and I'm sure that there will be folks chiming in to welcome you and to give their suggestions.

I do not have a Typhon and my Senton is 3S....
Yea 6s senton is pretty awesome. We're just getting started right now we only have 1 3s battery so neither vehicle is even close to max potential. I've honestly thought about not using the senton since it's so hard to find I hate to ruin it.
It should be noted horizon has the arms/drive shafts, body mounts, bumpers and bodies for the senton again so send it or build one to run and that one to keep on the shelf. Basherqueen makes some carbon fiber towers and just bash it has his beefcake ones too if you can't find stock. You can use typhon turnbuckles and screw them in a little to make them work with the shorter senton arms. I did it for 2 senton builds.

Attachments

• senton 1.jpg
    senton 1.jpg
    376.6 KB · Views: 33
  • senton 2.jpg
    senton 2.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 29
  • senton 3.jpg
    senton 3.jpg
    605.6 KB · Views: 35
  • senton 4.jpg
    senton 4.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
As far as off stock setups i'd grab some aluminum center braces for starters and maybe an aluminum servo mount/better servo. Amazon 35kg $35 servo is a solid choice for an upgrade. You can get 6x10x3 bearings for the steering pillars as well that will help free up the turning. Depending on the age of the trucks you could buy 2 complete 6s bearing kits on jim's bearings and it comes with the steering ones as well. If you have the old metal shielded ones on the hubs/diffs it's a solid upgrade. Also when you service your diffs tekjo diffs on ebay is great. He makes a cardboard material one for the cups and for between the bulkhead/chassis. M2c makes a stronger shock stand off and the exb ones are a little more beefy than stock so that might be an upgrade if you find you snap a screw on the stock one. Jennysrc will also have take off screw kits from all of the 6s trucks. You could snag a few of those and be set for extra hardware if needed.

It should be noted horizon has the arms/drive shafts, body mounts, bumpers and bodies for the senton again so send it or build one to run and that one to keep on the shelf. Basherqueen makes some carbon fiber towers and just bash it has his beefcake ones too if you can't find stock. You can use typhon turnbuckles and screw them in a little to make them work with the shorter senton arms. I did it for 2 senton builds.
I'll have to check into that. Definitely going to take some time to go through 2 vehicles and get them where I want them. It's gonna be a fun process.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back