New to cars: What do you do with take-off equipment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorthernCrawlerado

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I bought an Element Gatekeeper crawler a few weeks back and have already replaced the RTR brushed motor and ESC with a Hobbywing Fusion Pro 2300kv motor/esc combo.

Now I have the Reddy 21-turn motor and corresponding ESC sitting on my shelf. Frankly, I thought it was pretty good stuff; the Hobbywing is clearly superior in every way. Worth $150? I don't know. Not a "comps" guy, so the only person I need to impress is me.

Nevertheless, I have Injora beadlocks with brass inserts, some brass wheel weights and 12mm hub extenders (also brass) coming to replace the light stockers. Hoping to get the thing to stay on it's feet.

I wonder if any fathers of teenage girls have tried fitting their daughters with brass shoes to keep them upright, LOL?

Anyway, I'll have a bunch of parts laying about. Do I sell them? Keep them for posterity? Give them away?

I kept all the airplane stuff I've collected over the years. Even for birds I've crashed, if I get lucky enough to find some old version and buy it again I'll have spares, LOL.

Take photos of what you have and post on AF Classifieds or facezuck marketplace and see if anyone is interested..

I throw everything in a box. I hate selling anything! Because of the people who are buying. I’d rather throw it out
To a certain degree… I hate the fact that someone wants something next to nothing. Or even when you are giving something away and they don’t really appreciate it.

The classifieds section here is good. RCTech is decent. I hate selling stuff on FB or eBay.
Facebook is terrible

But I use to donate my stuff on here unless it had some sort of value even then would sell it pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Great suggestions here.

On other forums, I've seen where people have contributed stuff to empower the folks with less means to enter the game, so to speak.

On a forum dedicated to a certain type of rifle, guys organized builds for deserving members (like former service guys, or young shooters without fantastic incomes) using their spare parts. I thought that a noble effort.

We could do a "build project" and get someone enough parts to build their own Arrma!

After a while you will have enough take offs to build an extra rig. 🤣 i save some stuff for back ups, in case I break something, give away stuff I know I won't use. And trash things that nobody should use.

I have a few large bins and collect the parts. Keeping them organized well enough. Many were just left overs from assemblies I got from JennysRc. Some times stocker take offs make great emergency Backup parts. But I collected so many take offs , that I was able to make one complete new rig with all the parts. It was like getting a complete Free Rig. Sitting there in parts. Stocker ESC's, Motors, chassis', body and all. Arrma 6s parts are pretty much all modular and interchangeable and cross over.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/1-6-typhon-from-my-take-off-parts-bin.32988/

Last edited:
I have a few large bins and collect the parts. Keeping them organized well enough. Many were just left overs from assemblies I got from JennysRc. Some times stocker take offs make great emergency Backup parts. But I collected so many take offs , that I was able to make one complete new rig with all the parts. It was like getting a complete Free Rig. Sitting there in parts. Stocker ESC's, Motors, chassis', body and all. Arrma 6s parts are pretty much all modular and interchangeable and cross over.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/1-6-typhon-from-my-take-off-parts-bin.32988/
I loved that build! :love:

If someone really needs parts to get a down vehicle up and running, and they can't afford to buy new parts due to life circumstances (e.g. fixed income or disability), I offer to send them the parts I have left over from upgrades for free. In cases where a person can afford to pay something, I might send them the parts for just the cost of postage. For me, it's all about helping fellow forum members when I can.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back