Granite New to Granite, suggested mods/upgrades/parts i should stock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scipunk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hey all just got my Granite and as the title says. i am curious as to what all of anything i should do/prepare for just in case. Any recommended upgrades if any? I am currently only running 2s all stock but i may upgrade later on.
Also anyone run lights on theirs? If so what kind.
Thanks!

First of welcome. Secondly, I have only broken my front bumper and a shock so far. I got an after market servo saver because the stock one frustrated me to No end

Heck yeah! Get some lights! There are so many options and easy to install. I found some leds for my Slash just last week that work well, easy to install and are inexpensive. This ebay seller mostly does traxxas but they'll easily adapt to any vehicle with an open slot on the receiver.
Easy setup light kits.

Granite fit light kit
Roof Led Bar

Last edited:
I got the remote system and all for fronts but not the rear. $20 and included the remote thing and a 3d printed part.

new lights 1 december 2018.jpg
new lights 2 december 2018.jpg

Nice man, love the wheels too! I am gonna change my body soon just not sure what one i wanna get

Heck yeah! Get some lights! There are so many options and easy to install. I found some leds for my Slash just last week that work well, easy to install and are inexpensive. This ebay seller mostly does traxxas but they'll easily adapt to any vehicle with an open slot on the receiver.
Easy setup light kits.

Granite fit light kit
Roof Led Bar

So slight issue is my receiver is bone stock how will i add the lights?
I realzied now i was looking at my ESC...LOL god i need a crash course again. the receiver is under the esc?

Attachments

• 48388874_1935816796726253_3875914122977607680_n.jpg
    48388874_1935816796726253_3875914122977607680_n.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
First of welcome. Secondly, I have only broken my front bumper and a shock so far. I got an after market servo saver because the stock one frustrated me to No end
What servo saver did you go with ?

I went with a Hot Racing SHS88H CNC Aluminum LG Servo Saver HD. It wasn't a direct replacement. I had to round off a corner to keep it from hitting the recovery box at full clock.
servo saver after mod 1.jpg
servo saver after mod installed.jpg

I realzied now i was looking at my ESC...LOL god i need a crash course again. the receiver is under the esc?

Yes.

You should have an open slot to add the lights. Your receiver is in the box under the esc. The entire module comes out, esc, receiver box, and servo. Apparently the third channel can be programmed to maybe turn lights on from the radio? Not sure but worth checking out.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/TACJ0300-Manual-EN.pdf

I went with a Hot Racing SHS88H CNC Aluminum LG Servo Saver HD. It wasn't a direct replacement. I had to round off a corner to keep it from hitting the recovery box at full clock. View attachment 25459View attachment 25460
You should have an open slot to add the lights. Your receiver is in the box under the esc. The entire module comes out, esc, receiver box, and servo. Apparently the third channel can be programmed to maybe turn lights on from the radio? Not sure but worth checking out.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/TACJ0300-Manual-EN.pdf

Awesome thanks guys! Another question if i may, is this normal?
48382933_10218253053104763_8035819399191461888_o.jpg
Seems like the front is pointing outward and the backs are inward. Is this normal for a 4wd RC?

Fronts shouldn't point outward, adjust the turnbuckle so that they are straight.

For spares, the only thing I've broken is the front bumper oval.

Since getting my Granite Mega in August I've broken one shock strut rod and one front A arm. Since October my son has broken on his Granite BLX one front A arm and two wheelie bar springs. He also bent one shock rod arm that could not be straightened and had to be replaced.

So, from my limited experience I'd stock up an a few front A arms and a few shocks or shock rebuild kits. IMHO the Granite BLXs wheelie bar spring is of a poor design and not worth replacing with a stock part.

Fronts shouldn't point outward, adjust the turnbuckle so that they are straight.

For spares, the only thing I've broken is the front bumper oval.

Hey Razor, thanks for chiming in and are you the same one from youtube?
So i managed to crack a wheel...lol
48371203_10218254429619175_1960826533979357184_o.jpg
otherwise she was a blast to drive. I will adjust the fronts,
the rears are pointing inward towards the chassis does the turnbuckle fix that as well or is that actually normal...lol

Since getting my Granite Mega in August I've broken one shock strut rod and one front A arm. Since October my son has broken on his Granite BLX one front A arm and two wheelie bar springs. He also bent one shock rod arm that could not be straightened and had to be replaced.

So, from my limited experience I'd stock up an a few front A arms and a few shocks or shock rebuild kits. IMHO the Granite BLXs wheelie bar spring is of a poor design and not worth replacing with a stock part.

Good to know Bill thank you :)

While i was running the truck today i noticed it took a sec for the throttle to go it would cog as i guess its called where it kinda sputters then goes, reverse was weird as im not used to a electric brake before it hits reverse. So if i punched it theres a delay before it goes its a bit weird, is this also normal?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back