NEW to hobby - Big Rock Tires and tools

Thread starter #1

CGM

Arrma RC's
BigRock
I'm new to the hobby and was wondering if any Nero/Big Rock/Fazon owners could tell me what tires I should look at and or avoid, I've been reading through a lot of threads and PL trenchers and Bandlands come up a lot, I was just wondering if anyone could provide insight good or bad on any tires/wheels I should consider, as well as what tools I'll need to work on my Big Rock.

Cheers,
Colin

RCMike

Arrma RC's
BigRock, Fazon, Kraton, Nero
I don't like running anything over 4S brushless on glued tires. Rather have a beadlock.
Although the Arrma line of wheels/tires stay glued for the most part.

I've heard a BUNCH about the Backflips so once they came off backorder, I ordered a set. About to order another. And I was researching Nero platform specific when I looked.

Pretty much whatever joostin is saying tends to be spot on, lol.

Arrma RC's
Nero, Outcast
proline 3.8 trenchers 40 series do great on my nero. awesome tire, good size and not stupid wide like the regular trenchers. i'l get pics later

backflips on my outcast are awesome too. they're slightly smaller than the trenchers but about the same width

as far as tools I'm using the ProTek "TruTorque" metric set. they work great and in the 10 rcs I use them on never stripped a hex or screw

Last edited:
Arrma RC's
Nero
I wouldn't get the Proline MX38. They grip great but balloon stupid easy. Anytime I steer while on the throttle they grind on the body. Thinking about backflips but like more of a monster truck tread design.