Big Rock NEW to hobby - Big Rock Tires and tools

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGM

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
I'm new to the hobby and was wondering if any Nero/Big Rock/Fazon owners could tell me what tires I should look at and or avoid, I've been reading through a lot of threads and PL trenchers and Bandlands come up a lot, I was just wondering if anyone could provide insight good or bad on any tires/wheels I should consider, as well as what tools I'll need to work on my Big Rock.

Cheers,
Colin

People like the Dboots backflips from the outcast.

I liked these from hsp:
A29F5C04-9DCD-4349-B170-3E703EDBC0F3.jpeg
7DEBCDD1-F6FB-4191-8A29-0C8F1325894C.jpeg

I don't like running anything over 4S brushless on glued tires. Rather have a beadlock.
Although the Arrma line of wheels/tires stay glued for the most part.

I've heard a BUNCH about the Backflips so once they came off backorder, I ordered a set. About to order another. And I was researching Nero platform specific when I looked.

Pretty much whatever joostin is saying tends to be spot on, lol.

proline 3.8 trenchers 40 series do great on my nero. awesome tire, good size and not stupid wide like the regular trenchers. i'l get pics later

backflips on my outcast are awesome too. they're slightly smaller than the trenchers but about the same width

as far as tools I'm using the ProTek "TruTorque" metric set. they work great and in the 10 rcs I use them on never stripped a hex or screw

Last edited:
I wouldn't get the Proline MX38. They grip great but balloon stupid easy. Anytime I steer while on the throttle they grind on the body. Thinking about backflips but like more of a monster truck tread design.

I too want the monster truck look and don't really like the backflips look or tread design. I'm leaning towards the badlands MX38's, I just wish they didn't balloon so much. I'm debating only running 4S on my truck so they don't balloon as much and make it more controllable, this thing is stupid fast on 6S. I do like the tires Joostin posted from HSP, not crazy about the white wheels though.

I wouldn't get the Proline MX38. They grip great but balloon stupid easy. Anytime I steer while on the throttle they grind on the body. Thinking about backflips but like more of a monster truck tread design.

People like the Dboots backflips from the outcast.

I liked these from hsp:
View attachment 23435View attachment 23436

I'm not able to find these anywhere, would you be able to post a link or let me know where you got them. Thanks!

I too want the monster truck look and don't really like the backflips look or tread design. I'm leaning towards the badlands MX38's, I just wish they didn't balloon so much. I'm debating only running 4S on my truck so they don't balloon as much and make it more controllable, this thing is stupid fast on 6S. I do like the tires Joostin posted from HSP, not crazy about the white wheels though.

Well these MX38 aren't very monster truck looking either. Bought the truck used and it came with them. Could always go with ProLine Mashers and tape them. Always been a great tire.

Im also thinking about the Pro Line Shockwaves and Big Joes. Backflips are priced well though. I may just use the fishing line method on my MX38 for now...I really don't like these wheels though.

You can dismount the tires with acetone and dye the wheels with RIT dye a different color.

Im also thinking about the Pro Line Shockwaves and Big Joes. Backflips are priced well though. I may just use the fishing line method on my MX38 for now...I really don't like these wheels though.
I do like the big joes a lot, and the big joes 2's aren't bad either. The wheels the MX38's come on aren't really my favourite but I HATE the stock BR wheels, so almost anything else is an upgrade in my eyes. Ive talked to a few people about the fishing line wrap and they have had good results, so it may be something I look into as well. I'm concerned with going to wider tires and wearing out the steering servos, and I really dislike the backflips and badlands but they are closest to stock width.

Id get a set but looks like they'll take forever to arrive. I'm impatient. lol I'd even probably get the white wheels vs the black.
I found those black ones as well, unfortunately they do not ship to Canada. I'm going to keep trying to find somewhere that will ship to Canada. In the meantime I'm probably going to order some Big Joe's or MX38's.

IMG_20181125_145106.jpg
Trenchers (L) Stock (R). Very wide but a good looking wheel and tire. Guy at the shop said he bought them for his FAZON and they are awesome. Could have just been trying to sell me on them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back