Senton New to Hobby RC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne457

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
My wife got me a Senton v3 mega for my birthday. Been wanting a hobby grade SCT for a long time. I’d like to upgrade it slowly to maybe do some races. I know I’m going to want to upgrade to a lipo battery and upgrade the motor, esc, shocks and servo as well. Just wondering if you guys had any specific suggestions for parts and what order you’d recommend doing them in?

Congrats and happy Birthday.
A tall order that many have achieved with the 3s Mega line. Just save some coin, you will need it. There are many threads here that will adress your specific objective. Bash on. :cool:

Welcome to the forum and happy B-day! What a killer gift. I don't yet have any SCT's, but I am working on that.

Welcome to the forum! I'd suggest browsing some of the build threads for info on what you'll all need for the brushless conversion etc.

film hello GIF by The LEGO Movie

Welcome in and Happy Birthday.
Fair warning though, once you start , you can't stop. I hope you and your wife are prepared for that... :p
Alcoholism isn't the number one cause for divorce, RC addiction is... :D

Welcome to Arrma forums. Also happy B-day! First thing to do is enjoy the Senton. don't worry too much about making it a beast. There are some thing you may want to upgrade right away and other thing as you break them. Don't turn it into a big project. The guys here are very knowledgeable.

Welcome, type senton v3 mega upgrades up in the upper right search window and it should give you some useful results. Another tip, when you run across a thread that has info you want to save, you can book mark that information by hitting the little banner on the right hand side of the post next to the post number.

My wife got me a Senton v3 mega for my birthday. Been wanting a hobby grade SCT for a long time. I’d like to upgrade it slowly to maybe do some races. I know I’m going to want to upgrade to a lipo battery and upgrade the motor, esc, shocks and servo as well. Just wondering if you guys had any specific suggestions for parts and what order you’d recommend doing them in?
Oouuu lucky you this is the best place to find out anything at all about the senton mega and to get it up to racing standard expect to put in at the least maybe 300 or 400 $$ into it im sure others on here will correct me if im wrong but niice senton is my fav rig ive got one to the blx brushless version & mine is about 70% fully upgraded i don't bite message me if you want some in-depth answers or post it the guys on here are insanely knowledgeable

Welcome and don't be put off with what the extra is to go from mega to blx. Most of us who started with a blx have spent double the amount on upgrades and breakages.

This is an awesome hobby, it just doesn't get old.

My advice would be to buy some decent wrenching tools. Makes the hobby a lot more enjoyable.

Start with a good lipo and charger. Anything else can wait till you break it to upgrade.

Upgraditus is understandable, but there is usually no economy in upgrading a new truck. It doesn't take many parts to exceed the cost of the next model (Mega to BLX to 6s).

If you race it, you will probably find that the Mega is fast enough on the track. You might find that a Lipo and bigger pinion are enough.

Don’t think I’d need a brushless motor to be competitive at a track?

Just drive for a few months and see what's up, if you're new, your driving skills are going to be the weakest link.

My 16 y.o. just learned how to drive, a Ferrari isn't going to help him get any better.

Going to be hardest thing to get practice on an actual track. Closest one is like an hour away.
Too bad she didnt get you the BLX.. Nice tho, will be lots to upgrade so have fun and enjoy!!
I don’t have a lipo or charger, so it would have been closer to 400 after that for the BLX. A little more than we were looking to spend at one time. Figured I can upgrade things as they break or as I save up some cash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back