Limitless New to limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryanquanto

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys im doing a limitless build with a spektrum 4s motor with a 20 or 21t pinion gear, can i have any warnings other than is goes over 100😂 and if i should switch things up

Might not be enough motor for the rig. You can try but definitely watch temps. Also you can't run a 20t with the spool so would have to run the 46t or 50t center diff. Lowest total tooth count is 60-61t so 27pinion/34spool minimum. Would be really surprised if you got to 100 on 4s also I've tried and I run a castle MMX8S with a TP 4060-cm motor my best 4s pass so far is 96mph. 8s PB of 138mph😉

Might not be enough motor for the rig. You can try but definitely watch temps. Also you can't run a 20t with the spool so would have to run the 46t or 50t center diff. Lowest total tooth count is 60-61t so 27pinion/34spool minimum. Would be really surprised if you got to 100 on 4s also I've tried and I run a castle MMX8S with a TP 4060-cm motor my best 4s pass so far is 96mph.
Im new to rc car builds so how do i change the spool?
Im new to rc car builds so how do i change the spool?
And would a 27t pinion work with this?

Spektrum Firma 130A Brushless Smart ESC / 1900Kv Sensorless Motor Combo, SPMXSEMC04​

All you have to do is take the top black piece off the center mount and add one of the center diffs I suggested. It's the black flat plastic piece that holds the spool in by the motor, has 4 screws holding it on👍

It's possible but I'd bet motor temps get really hot fast. Ultimately you want a 6s motor at least or a high end 4s motor and better ESC which the Spektrum setup is decent at best. It's worth a shot but will be hard on the motor and esc for sure. Best case scenario you might hit 80s on a speed run maybe but that's just not enough ESC or motor for the 1/7 rig.

It's possible but I'd bet motor temps get really hot fast. Ultimately you want a 6s motor at least or a high end 4s motor and ESC which the Spektrum setup is decent at best. It's worth a shot but will be hard on the motor and esc for sure. Best case scenario you might hit 80s on a speed run maybe but that's just not enough ESC or motor for the 1/7 rig.
I was told id have to change all the gears for a 6s motor do i or can i just throw on a 6s motor with a 27t pinion gear?

The gearing is Mod 1 pitch. So you'll just need a 27t pinion that's 5mm bore and mod1. Limitless should come with the 27t and the 34t spool both mod1👍

Yep limitless comes with the 27t pinion needed to start. So just put the pinion on your motor that has a 5mm bore and your good to go👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back