New to Lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulybatz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Tips on how to charge and maintain the batteries. Is there a thread or quick primer on what to do.

The battery he sent me with the car looks awful. He says is only 8 charges deep...doesn't look it at all.

I think I'd like to discharge it, right?

Running storage mode on it now. Not sure how long does it usually take??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 52
Tips on how to charge and maintain the batteries. Is there a thread or quick primer on what to do.

The battery he sent me with the car looks awful. He says is only 8 charges deep...doesn't look it at all.

I think I'd like to discharge it, right?
how to charge, how to discharge, how to store your battery. see some lipo battery guide from https://blog.ampow.com/lipo-battery-maintenance/

I read all about it.

I charged it on storage mode and it completed in 3.5 hours. No errors.

Does that mean the battery is okay?

Also, are these batteries generally ticking time bombs??? I am a little paranoid now. I put it in my basement in the middle of the room until I get a fire box.

I was a little paranoid at first but if you don't abuse them or do anything stupid nothing should happen. Most accidents happen when people overcharge or charge at a stupidly high C rate. Just as long as you are around your batteries while charging and keep an eye on them.

Thank you!!!

What charger settings do you suggest.

I have a 6s

Depends. Obviously charge it as a 6 cell but for charge current take the capacity in mah and divide by 1000. So a 4500mah battery charge at 4.5 amps and I always balance charge.

I was also wondering about storage mode. Should I balance the battery, how often do you balance the battery? Should I balance it before putting in storage mode or put it in storage mode and then balance it after before charge me again

I'm not sure about 100% of the chargers out there but I would imagine they are all the same when it comes to storage mode. Storage mode balances them as it does its thing and leaves them around 3.8 per cell. I would run the truck then when you get back inside and the batteries are cool put them in storage mode if it's going to be a couple days before you use them again. Then charge them to full the night or morning before you take the truck out. I personally will just go straight to a full battery if I'm going to go back out the next day but there's people who will go to storage mode first and charge the next morning even for that. I'm sure I'm losing a little bit of their lifespan this way but I imagine it's a very small % but I don't know for sure.

My new batteries and car have XT90

The two chargers I have go from bananA, thinking I can go. Banana to Banana into the XT90

??? Thoughts

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back