Outcast New to me outcast 4s! What do yall run for the servo saver?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olred1998

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Yall just run the stock servo saver? Anything to change on these other then the usual servo, arms and bearings? Going to pass the senton/typhon/mt/baja off to my son to get him off of a 2wd slash

Servo, Radio, Bearings, Arms, and if you like T-Bone stuff theres a few T-Bone things out there. I also went with Hot Racing shock bodies to stop the leakage. Well worth it.

PS: Great choice. I love the Outcast 4s. Probably too much that I bought it thrice.

Last edited:
Yall just run the stock servo saver? Anything to change on these other then the usual servo, arms and bearings? Going to pass the senton/typhon/mt/baja off to my son to get him off of a 2wd slash
@razorrc has a link to a Kimbrough Racing servo saver that works really good, it does require some slight modifications to fit, but I can never remember which one to use.

Ok sweet! Thanks for the opinions yall. Know what a out gearing on these? What do yall run on stock wheels/tires?

I run an 18T on my K4S with the steel 57T spur and it will get hot on a summer day at the end of a pack. Upgrade to a better high speed flow fan and it will help. Does cog a bit at times too, but not enough for me to worry about it.

Wondered how long until dilly came in lol thanks man. I haven't even opened this thing up yet. Got bearings on the way though. Stock gear is a 13 tooth pinion correct? So you say that a 15 shouldn't run too hot?

Wondered how long until dilly came in lol thanks man. I haven't even opened this thing up yet. Got bearings on the way though. Stock gear is a 13 tooth pinion correct? So you say that a 15 shouldn't run too hot?
Should be fine. Again, it all depends on lots of factors. Ambient temps, driving style, driving surface, etc all matter. Best thing to do is throw it in there, run it for 5 mins, check your temps, and then you’ll know. If it’s cool as a cucumber, bash on. If you leave some skin on the motor, you’re gonna have to gear it down a tad. Time will tell. ??

That's what I was planning but it will be in some rough conditions. We are in Florida and run 98% dirt and grass. I'll pick up an extra 15 and try it out. The senton mt is running it anyway. I was just thinking about taming down the wheelies some. Lol wasnt looking for the outcast 4s but $180 with 2 decent hard 2s packs and a single battery charger couldn't be passed

That's what I was planning but it will be in some rough conditions. We are in Florida and run 98% dirt and grass. I'll pick up an extra 15 and try it out. The senton mt is running it anyway. I was just thinking about taming down the wheelies some. Lol wasnt looking for the outcast 4s but $180 with 2 decent hard 2s packs and a single battery charger couldn't be passed
If you want to tame wheelies, my best advice is smaller tires too. Some Badlands MX28s would calm it somewhat.

O really?! Didnt figure that would effect it much. I got a buddy that has a set of mx28 that I'm trying to talk him out of so at least I'll give it a shot.
Also what kind of diff and shock oil yall running. I assume its heavier then the 3s? What is factory weight?

O really?! Didnt figure that would effect it much. I got a buddy that has a set of mx28 that I'm trying to talk him out of so at least I'll give it a shot.
Also what kind of diff and shock oil yall running. I assume its heavier then the 3s? What is factory weight?
I have the Typhon 6S shocks and am running 80W. I am running 100k in my diffs.

Sweet! Thanks. 100k in the diff must have it lock up good. Is the factory 30-40k?

Sweet! Thanks. 100k in the diff must have it lock up good. Is the factory 30-40k?

Any stock fluid info can be had on the arrma website..
I run the stock servo saver, havnt had any issues yet..

Where on the site can I find that info. Idk if I have over looked it but I don't see anything that detailed

Where on the site can I find that info. Idk if I have over looked it but I don't see anything that detailed
Here ya go and you can even compare it to other models https://www.arrma-rc.com/vehicle-comparison/ARA102692/AR106030

I had to do some digging but you want this servo saver https://www.amainhobbies.com/kimbro...ver-universal-spline-connector-1-kim124/p4584 but it needs to look like this to fit.
oyKfVac.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back