New to RC - Best parts to replace?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blondtourage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to the world of RC, purchased my Granite about a week ago and I've been enjoying the hell ot of it. Had to do a servo repair day one, and learned it is a pretty common error. I decided I'd like to replace that servo with a more robust and potentially metal part. I am also interested in gradually upgrading other parts to steel/titanium.

This brings me to my open question - which parts are the best to replace in order to improve lifespan as my primary focus, and performance as a secondary focus?

Recommendations and links would be greatly appreciated - thanks for reading!!

Hi Everyone,

I'm relatively new to the world of RC, purchased my Granite about a week ago and I've been enjoying the hell ot of it. Had to do a servo repair day one, and learned it is a pretty common error. I decided I'd like to replace that servo with a more robust and potentially metal part. I am also interested in gradually upgrading other parts to steel/titanium.

This brings me to my open question - which parts are the best to replace in order to improve lifespan as my primary focus, and performance as a secondary focus?

Recommendations and links would be greatly appreciated - thanks for reading!!
I don't know anything about the Granite, but not sure if any parts are available in titanium? I gather you mean upgrade some parts to aluminum? Not sure if the Granite driveline, hinge pins and balls are steel, but you do not want anything else steel, as it is extremely heavy and corrosive compared to other material choices.

I don't know anything about the Granite, but not sure if any parts are available in titanium? I gather you mean upgrade some parts to aluminum? Not sure if the Granite driveline, hinge pins and balls are steel, but you do not want anything else steel, as it is extremely heavy and corrosive compared to other material choices.

Yeah, I have a buddy I could get custom titanium parts from if I decided to, but I really didnt even consider the material that specifically - I just want greater strength and to prevent breakage and improve performance/lifespan if possible. It seems like almost everything is plastic as of now, so I will look into those parts for sure.

First, Welcome!

next - seeing as you have the 4x4 Granite, be sure to follow the MEGA 4x4 forum - this one (where you posted) is for the 2wd Granite.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/forums/arrma-mega-4x4/

Last - this truck is a 100% new platform (shared with the Senton Mega 4x4), and only release last fall (2017) so aftermarket has not gotten going yet. Really the only aftermarket parts available are bumpers from T-bone Racing. Give it another 6 months, and maybe Hot Racing, RPM and others will start making parts for us Mega 4x4 owners.

Jerry

Yeah, I have a buddy I could get custom titanium parts from if I decided to, but I really didnt even consider the material that specifically - I just want greater strength and to prevent breakage and improve performance/lifespan if possible. It seems like almost everything is plastic as of now, so I will look into those parts for sure.
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have a buddy that makes custom titanium parts, but it's mainly the material cost that is so high. I wonder if your buddy can make Arrma "titanium" pillowballs?

@Blondtourage if you're looking for upgrade suggestions, then check no other than our thread, Recommended Arrma 4x4 Mega Upgrades
Thats fantastic advice, I didnt realize this thread existed - also newish to forums haha

First, Welcome!

next - seeing as you have the 4x4 Granite, be sure to follow the MEGA 4x4 forum - this one (where you posted) is for the 2wd Granite.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/forums/arrma-mega-4x4/

Last - this truck is a 100% new platform (shared with the Senton Mega 4x4), and only release last fall (2017) so aftermarket has not gotten going yet. Really the only aftermarket parts available are bumpers from T-bone Racing. Give it another 6 months, and maybe Hot Racing, RPM and others will start making parts for us Mega 4x4 owners.

Jerry
Awesome Username! and thanks for the info, I'll switch it up for sure

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back