Senton New to RC, Have a Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howdy2u2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Been watching and waiting to dive in to the hobby, other than drones and dirt bikes (Kids old enough and moved out....now money is allll mine!!! SO Yeah I'm old) The ARRMA brand was recommended to me by the owner of a Hobby Town store and he sold me on it when comparing to "other" brand name vehicles. With that said I purchased the Senton and away we go, but I have an issue I believe maybe/ maybe not.

Possible issue is:
When running the truck forward, all is good. It will go pretty much when you pull the trigger. Slows down when released normally too. BUT when I lose control by over running my skills stopping short of an object and have to back up/ reverse I have to "double clutch" the trigger to go backwards. "double clutch" meaning when stopped, I have to move the trigger several times (2 maybe 3x) to reverse before it will actually move in reverse. IE: OH crap!! stop/ phew that was close/ reverse-> no movement-> neutral-> reverse-> no movement-> neutral-> reverse-> bat out of hell reverse (BOOH because of frustration most likely)

Is there an adjustment or setting I need to look at/ perform?

TLDR;
To go in reverse/ back up I have to move the trigger 2 maybe 3 times or more in reverse trigger direction to get the truck to move.

The ESC is set from the factory to be forward when the trigger is pulled and brake when you push the trigger. You must release the trigger and push it again to get reverse. You're going full throttle reverse because you're not expecting that response. The reverse has a shorter throw than forward so it's a little tougher to get it just right until you practice a lot.

@Howdy2u2 congratulations on your purchase! I hope you enjoy I hear the senton is a beast and a ton of fun!
Sharpshooter

Thank you!
Yes it is a blast when i get to run it, work is getting in the way of my fun! ..........Trying to devise a way to keep it from being a grass and leaf sweeper though. I have some ideas I'm going to try to help alleviate this though, work/ ideas in progress.

@Howdy2u2 You can pick up a Dusty Motors cover that will in case the chassis and all of your electronics in a cover to keep out all the debris. I apologize, but I don't have any links to it at this time. If you check the other listings and postings you'll find it there. :D
Sharpshooter

I have been looking at those and trying to find specifics on which one to get that would fit. Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot it seems, at this point I think I have read every thread in the whole forum trying to figure it out. :)

Perfect!!! Found their video on how to measure for which size to purchase. Like I said I wasn't looking is the right places obviously. Thank you very much for your help!

LOL.. i just ran my Senton first time for about 5 min in the dark.. didnt realize how much debris i picked up and dirt over the carpet.. wife is going to scream ! .. but came here looking for same thing about the reverse.. i assumed it was a failsafe since back in the 80s when you hit reverse you jammed the gears.

I pretty much did the same thing, ran it in the dark..........swept the lawn............rolled it (10 min run)...it managed to flip back on its wheels and wouldn't move.... @!%^&!!! I broke the damn thing already!?!?!..inspect....stick stuck in front suspension then in to the ground holding the truck stationary..PHEW!!!!! Decided to stop until I could see outside LOL

Side note: worked out of town and was looking at more RC vehicles....bad idea.....purchased a Typhon, drove that today @ work.... I'm hooked now what a blast!!!!!

No worries about a wife for me LOL

Side note: worked out of town and was looking at more RC vehicles....bad idea.....purchased a Typhon, drove that today @ work.... I'm hooked now what a blast!!!!!

I don't want to say the other manufacturer name.. but it starts with T ends in X 3.3 i was running my buddies granite the one i bought for him and started to really miss my old nitro.. i looked thru tower and only saw electric arrmas so i ordered me a new nitro.. my wife about flipped.. but i did taxes today and were getting back a nice refund.. mainly since i got injured and am on ssd now.. but the drs want me getting out of the house and trying to move .. so i have my lil old person walker that i can roll out side and sit on while i run my car.. i pray i don't flip it over.. or it would take me a while to get too..

Flipping it will get you to move though!!! I looked at nitros too, know nothing about them at all besides they sound angry when driving. Which I like!!! So I stuck with batteries until I am more comfortable driving these things and do more research on nitros and the 2 strokers. I will say I went straight to 6S though and was holy ship these things move out!! I can only imagine what you can achieve with the gassers though.

Lipos are actually a bit faster unless you lean out your engine.. but thats never good for the longevity of it.Nitros are nice the biggest part is .. after you run you have to put some afterrun oil in it and turn over engine ( dry fire ) to lube the engine.. but their fun i think..longer run times and no charging of batteries..

No worries about a wife for me LOL

How do you like the Senton now that you got the Typhon? Do you recommend the Senton? Gonna be my first RC.

How do you like the Senton now that you got the Typhon? Do you recommend the Senton? Gonna be my first RC.

I like both honestly, I run 6s in both too. My driving skills are poor to say the least................I tend to flip the Typhon over more than the Senton when speed running through grass and such, hard turn and not letting off the throttle.............ends up traction flipping. With that said, when I flip the Senton it manages to (most of the time) land back on the wheels and away I go. Typhon is not a yard vacuum like the Senton under the body after running through grass and what not, for that reason I like the Typhon. Honestly you cannot go wrong with either IMO, they are fun, move like crazy with stock pinion and 6s, and are enjoyable to run. I am NOT a major basher, I jump them and crash them and just have fun................do the walk of shame and flip them back over when needed. If anything they are the same vehicle with a different body, depending on your preferences of body style you can't go wrong either way.

LOL.. is this Gal from the Arma facebook page ? if so im Chris.. the guy with the Senton... Welcome aboard to here !

Chris aka Schuey

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back