Kraton New to RC, My first purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also run 4s and I’m wanting to change to the 14t pinion. Will this make much of a difference to the temps that I need to keep an eye on ? Do I also need to use some blue or red loctite ?
I agree with Jerry-rigged, a temp gun is vastly important, especially if you are changing to a larger pinion. I am using a 15T pinion in my 2018 Kraton and was surprised the temps hardly went over 120F, despite the outside temps were mid 20's (+ I'm not using a motor fan).

Use blue threadlock on 2 motor bolts, once pinion mesh is set. Use red threadlock on the pinion grub screw. Placing solder gun on screw head works very well when you need to remove the permanent red threadlock at a later date.

Im going to order my Kraton from my local hobby shop. I like to support my local mom & pop shops. Id like to order batteries online. And I also need some type of adapter so that I can charge the batteries on my Traxxas ID smart charger. But Im having a hard time figuring out which adapter I need. Any help??

Im going to order my Kraton from my local hobby shop. I like to support my local mom & pop shops. Id like to order batteries online. And I also need some type of adapter so that I can charge the batteries on my Traxxas ID smart charger. But Im having a hard time figuring out which adapter I need. Any help??
I am not familiar with the Traxxas ID charger, but a Traxxas FEMALE to XT90 MALE Adapter sounds like what you need. Here's a link:
https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-ID-Charger-Adapter-Connector/dp/B074WBZMQM

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back