Outcast New to RC- what parts to keep on hand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zfoose

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I bought an Outcast for my son. Every time we have run it hard, something has broke, who's is expected. I have broke the wing twice and the front bumper has ripped off 3 times. Just ordered a T-Bone bumper based on recommendations on this forum.

Almost every time I replace something, I end up stripping a screw, which means either driving 30 minutes or ordering the specific screw.

Can someone recommend the following:

1- a good assortment of screws that are routinely used on the car

2- a list of frequently broken parts that I could have on hand so our weekends are not cut short due to the inevitable failures due hard landings and hard objects that get in the way!

Thanks in advance.

What are you breaking? how old is your son? It sounds like you need have him learn some control first as you really shouldn't be breaking parts everytime. Nor should things be stripping everytime you take it apart.

The wing has been coming with screws that are two short, if its the wing itself that sheared off, check the screws and make sure they are 16mm.

We haven't really broken much on the car. I bought a second wing mount as people said they broke, rpm makes a bullet proof one for that. We broke the front suspension point that holds the upper arm screws and the rear swaybar plastic that holds the swaybar on broke off so we just removed the swaybar.

I can't really see how you are breaking the front bumper so much unless you are landing on it in some way.

My son is 12 and we have been trying to perfect controlled landings. The bumper tends to break when the car lands on its nose. It seems like if the landing is crooked (lands on front head light) one side of the bumper pushes in and the screw pulls through the bumper like the plastic is too thin where to support any force. Have also had the sway bar break and a couple of suspension parts. All replacements have been cheap enough, it's just the long wait times.

Years ago I had a 1/18 scale car and got to know what pieces were likely to fail (gears, tower braces, bumper etc.) and kept a handful of extras. It was convenient to be able to fix an issue in 10 minutes and continue playing.

Problem is it's different for everyone. I asked this same question on another forum and was told shock shafts rod ends front bumper. Wing mount and diff cases. I know from experience I've broken rod ends and shock rods on other cars and my son still hasn't mastered the throttle so he tends to shred the diffs so I got a set of diff gears and picked up the wing mount as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back