Fazon New to RC with my 2 boys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RL256

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Voltage
Hi! I have two boys ages 10 and 8 and we are all new to RC! For Christmas they are getting Fazon Voltages. One of my sons favorite color is blue and the others is green, so they were a perfect match! I’ve been doing a lot of research and the Lipo batteries scare the crap out of me, so I ordered 12 of the Arrma 18650 and the Arrma 6 bay smart charger for them. I’m hoping with those 12 batteries, and the 4 that will come with the cars, that we will have some good run times! Has anyone used the Arrma 18650 smart charger? I’m curious as the how long it takes to charge the batteries. I also ordered extra differential cups just in case too. I can’t wait for Christmas! I may have to get me one!

Haven't used the charger you spoke about so can't tell you any info on it. But Welcome, you and the boys will have tons of fun this Christmas. Have to get one for yourself. ?

Welcome to the Arrma Forum family @RL256! Can't help with that question as I haven't used batteries or a charger like that in over 30 years. I'm sure your boys will have a blast and maybe lipo it up in the not to distant future. ???

Welcome to the Arrma Forum family @RL256! Can't help with that question as I haven't used batteries or a charger like that in over 30 years. I'm sure your boys will have a blast and maybe lipo it up in the not to distant future. ???
Thank you. I’m sure our next ones will be lipos, but just researching, they seem a bit more dangerous bc you need fire proof bags to charge them in bc they may explode. I don’t want my 8 and 10 year olds to have that danger, so the these 18650s seemed like the safer option right now.

I have the 6 port charger. Love it. I have 6 batteries I use and get like a 30-45min run time up to an hour if you run on the slowest setting on transmitter. The batteries take about 3.5hours to full charge on the lower setting. It has a fast charge setting which I have never used because I have 4 other batteries I use as pairs when just doing lil badgers in the yard. I felt the same way about the lipos but now I have my almost 5 yr old son driving that voltage really well I got a 4x4 blx granite to open on Christmas. So I will be doing Lipo soon. Enjoy. I just ordered some Duracell AA rechargeable’s and that charger says it is compatible, those come tomorrow
Oh forgot to say the rechargeable Aa are to use in transmitter

I have the 6 port charger. Love it. I have 6 batteries I use and get like a 30-45min run time up to an hour if you run on the slowest setting on transmitter. The batteries take about 3.5hours to full charge on the lower setting. It has a fast charge setting which I have never used because I have 4 other batteries I use as pairs when just doing lil badgers in the yard. I felt the same way about the lipos but now I have my almost 5 yr old son driving that voltage really well I got a 4x4 blx granite to open on Christmas. So I will be doing Lipo soon. Enjoy. I just ordered some Duracell AA rechargeable’s and that charger says it is compatible, those come tomorrow
Oh forgot to say the rechargeable Aa are to use in transmitter
That’s great to hear! FedEx just delivered the batteries and charger today! I can’t wait until Christmas! Thank you for the review!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back