Kraton new to rc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gman234

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
hi am new to the rc world and have just placed a order for a Kraton v2 and was wondering is there any tips that could benefit me as a new comer thanks a lot.

oh and cant wait for what looks like a wicked bit of kit in the Kraton

Run 4s for awhile... lol its a beast on 6s... i run both and its plenty quick and fun on 4s. after you get used to it try 6s... not much other than get good batteries preferebly hard case spc and smc have great batteries smc will send with xt90 connectors if you ask spc will not.

Run 4s for awhile... lol its a beast on 6s... i run both and its plenty quick and fun on 4s. after you get used to it try 6s... not much other than get good batteries preferebly hard case spc and smc have great batteries smc will send with xt90 connectors if you ask spc will not.
cheers 4s was the plan to start as its my very first rc (well proper rc) I have gone for 2x overlander ultrasport 5000mah 2s 7.4v 45c bats as didn't have a clue where to start and these had good ratings on the site I placed the order.

The only thing I truly do not like about the Arrma Kraton is the Transmitter and Receiver. With a quality TX and RX swapped into mine....I loved it. However....you can do fine with the stock one. Make sure your front diff isn't binding...spin one wheel up front and see if it turn smooth. If it isn't....you have to add a few shims on the ends of the front A- arms. That was the one issue I found with mine out of the box. I figure I would pass the info along.

cheers 4s was the plan to start as its my very first rc (well proper rc) I have gone for 2x overlander ultrasport 5000mah 2s 7.4v 45c bats as didn't have a clue where to start and these had good ratings on the site I placed the order.
Never heard of them but the mah and c rating will be fine you will not have to worry about motor temps, but a nice infared temperature gun is always a good idea too.... also smc and spc is very good batteries i have a 4s 6500mah 65c smc and i like it very much... check battery temps too over 140 is really bad and around 100 to 110 is great. my motor is around 146 hottest place i can find after that pack i also run proline badlands for tires and a 15 tooth pinion. I had a 16 on it and on 6s i got 61 mph and i think i could have had better run that was anout 1/2 way thru my 5400mah 5400mah 50c 3s packs. with the 15 i have not checked it today was first i had it out and i just ran the 4s pack to rip around.... 6s is insaine. But its fun to rip sideways when you 1/2 throtttle and pin it or it almost backflips lol.

Last edited:
The only thing I truly do not like about the Arrma Kraton is the Transmitter and Receiver. With a quality TX and RX swapped into mine....I loved it. However....you can do fine with the stock one. Make sure your front diff isn't binding...spin one wheel up front and see if it turn smooth. If it isn't....you have to add a few shims on the ends of the front A- arms. That was the one issue I found with mine out of the box. I figure I would pass the info along.
Thanks for that will definitely check when it arrives is it a quick fix if I do encounter this problem?

Thanks for that will definitely check when it arrives is it a quick fix if I do encounter this problem?
Yes...just add a washer or shim to the end of the front A-arm. So on the down travel of the suspension, the dog bones don't jam into the diff cups. Adding the spacer or washer adds a little breathing room between the dog bone pins and the end of the slot in the diff cups.

chee
Yes...just add a washer or shim to the end of the front A-arm. So on the down travel of the suspension, the dog bones don't jam into the diff cups. Adding the spacer or washer adds a little breathing room between the dog bone pins and the end of the slot in the diff cups.
cheers for that info can tell this will be a helpful place if I encounter any problems as closest hobby shop over a hour drive away :mad:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back