Senton New to the Arrma R/C forum and just bought my senton 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfisher0777

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys, new member here. I used to be into 1/10 nitro stadium trucks about 8-9 years ago and haven't been into R/C until now. I've already broken a bunch of parts on my senton and easily replaced them. Unfortunately, now something has gone wrong that has left me clueless. The truck turns on but won't move. The steering servo still operates but when I hit the throttle there is only a slight glitch from the motor and that's all. Did I fry the ESC or something?

Welcome!

Check to make sure all the motor leads are plugged into the ESC. Did this happen while running or was everything fine and then the next time you went to use it it was like this? Any details will help diagnose.

Thank you for the warm welcome! So check this out, I removed the power module and took it apart to find that water had gotten in and gummed everything up. I thought that that was supposed to be water proof?? I managed to get it all cleaned up and everything turns freely now. However, I bought a new Castle esc and motor combo thinking that was the problem but the salesman at the HS this particular setup would work in my senton blx 3s but after installing the esc when starting on the motor I noticed the motor shaft was smaller than my stock BLX motor which I believe is 5mm. Can I get a pinion gear that will fit that 3.5mm?? shaft and make it all work? I don't want to the esc back out to take it back to the the HS. thx guys

Thank you for the warm welcome! So check this out, I removed the power module and took it apart to find that water had gotten in and gummed everything up. I thought that that was supposed to be water proof?? I managed to get it all cleaned up and everything turns freely now. However, I bought a new Castle esc and motor combo thinking that was the problem but the salesman at the HS this particular setup would work in my senton blx 3s but after installing the esc when starting on the motor I noticed the motor shaft was smaller than my stock BLX motor which I believe is 5mm. Can I get a pinion gear that will fit that 3.5mm?? shaft and make it all work? I don't want to the esc back out to take it back to the the HS. thx guys
welcome from the UK

Yes. They make pinions for smaller diameter shafts. Which ESC did you get?

I got the castle sidewinder 4 2s/3s lipo sensorless coupled with a sensored 14 series 4 pole 1415 2400kv with shaft diameter 3.17mm.

So, that is great news then! So I just need a 3.17mm pinion gear. Hope thats in stock at my local hobby store. So is this a decent setup then?

Welcome! Hope you get it sorted out. Make sure you're looking for 0.8 Mod pinions (pretty sure that's what the Senton runs stock) with the smaller diameter shaft. There are many brands that use 32 pitch for the smaller 1/10 motors, so be careful of the pitch, or the gears won't mesh.

I got the castle sidewinder 4 2s/3s lipo sensorless coupled with a sensored 14 series 4 pole 1415 2400kv with shaft diameter 3.17mm.

So, that is great news then! So I just need a 3.17mm pinion gear. Hope thats in stock at my local hobby store. So is this a decent setup then?

The SW4 is ok. The motor is really nice. I would have went with the Mamba X over the SW4. The Bec in the SW4 is weaksauce. You are going to need a bigger pinion for the 2400kv motor. If you run the stock pinion it will have no top end at all. Since the mount is pre-drilled your choice is limited to the 26t pinion. So get one of those.

what is the BEC?

So with a 26t pinion, how much faster is this setup from stock?

what about the pitch
Battery elimination circuit. How big it is determines how well power is distributed to the different electrical components of the unit. Many use external versions to make sure their servos have enough power without interference. This is very important when upgrading esc's and motors.

just a quick tip for all you blx 4x4 1/10 owners... you might hear alot of drive train noise from your gears on your new rig. it drove me crazy to the point of tearing it down and fixing it. the gear mesh is too tight from the factory!!! remove the motor, dremel out the holes on the predrilled motor mount holes for preset gear mesh. that will release some of the stress that the motor is putting against the spur gear. alot of folks think that noise is just the sound of 32 pitch gears.. ITS NOT!!! mine is quiet as a mouse no sound at all and temps dropped a little, runs much better and smoother!! done this to my new big rock and my granite4x4

what is the BEC?

So with a 26t pinion, how much faster is this setup from stock?

what about the pitch
im running the v3 2050kv 4074 kraton motor on stock blx100 esc, 3s and 26tooth pinion. mines a monster!! just under 60mph gps speed and cant hold front wheels down at that speed. esc and everything runs nice and cool

Hey guys, new member here. I used to be into 1/10 nitro stadium trucks about 8-9 years ago and haven't been into R/C until now. I've already broken a bunch of parts on my senton and easily replaced them. Unfortunately, now something has gone wrong that has left me clueless. The truck turns on but won't move. The steering servo still operates but when I hit the throttle there is only a slight glitch from the motor and that's all. Did I fry the ESC or something?
Did you set it to lipo or is it on nimh?

The SW4 is ok. The motor is really nice. I would have went with the Mamba X over the SW4. The Bec in the SW4 is weaksauce. You are going to need a bigger pinion for the 2400kv motor. If you run the stock pinion it will have no top end at all. Since the mount is pre-drilled your choice is limited to the 26t pinion. So get one of those.
castle 1415 2400kv on 3s with 26tooth pinion would be the sweet spot!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back