Senton New to the hobby and having Senton issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony_cntr

Reaction score
Hi there - I apologize in advance if my post is repetitive or similiar to another post on this forum. I'm new to the hobby and learning as I go! For fathers day, My wife and boys surprised me with the Arrma Senton 4x4 BLX 3s short course truck. Went through two front tires on the first use! And today, 6/29/20, while 15 minutes into using it, I noticed it stopped wanting to run. It hesitated at first, then it locked. I turned it off and brought it home. I noticed the truck will not roll, it makes a clicking sound if I try and roll on the ground manually. Hoping this is an easy fix! But it sounds scary! I had been using it the last several days with no issues! Any guidance or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.
Tony

Welcome! Yes the stock tires will shred very easily. Research venting rc tires on YouTube or do like most and upgrade. I went through way too many. Tons of directions you can take. You’ll want a wheel for a 14mm hex if you swap out tires. Duratrax makes replacements.

Couple things could be causing your issue. Chewed up gears or teeth somewhere sounds to be likely. With the wheels off the ground can you roll the tires? Check around the main driveshaft for debri keeping it from spinning. Any more info on your symptoms will help.

Hi there - I apologize in advance if my post is repetitive or similiar to another post on this forum. I'm new to the hobby and learning as I go! For fathers day, My wife and boys surprised me with the Arrma Senton 4x4 BLX 3s short course truck. Went through two front tires on the first use! And today, 6/29/20, while 15 minutes into using it, I noticed it stopped wanting to run. It hesitated at first, then it locked. I turned it off and brought it home. I noticed the truck will not roll, it makes a clicking sound if I try and roll on the ground manually. Hoping this is an easy fix! But it sounds scary! I had been using it the last several days with no issues! Any guidance or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you.
Tony

I had to double check who wrote this.... I have the same exact problem! and just as they said above, i have contacted horizon and they are having me fill out a warranty form and i have to send in my radio and receiver. kind of bumming since i just got the thing and barely got to enjoy it. as for the tires ripping, i used that as an excuse to get some arrma granite wheels. it was $80 more that i didn't want to spend though

If the car doesn't want to roll look if anything is stuck against the center driveshaft try removing the motor assembky with flat head screwdriver they tell you how to do it in the manual. If the car start to roll free again after that your issue is inside the motor most likely your motor bearing seized up buy a sealed bearing we all recommand ceramic hybrid they handle more abuse and spin faster with less drag than normal steel bearings. But you will have the check the sizes a few motor comes with 5x16x5 vs 5x13x4 that they ussualy came before
Good idea to service the motor after 10-15 packs to reoil the bearings with grease and to clean them. Another thig you can do to help get rid of dust inside the motor assembly is to drill a little hole on the chassi under the spur gear so that stuff who gets inside the motor module can escape.

Welcome! Yes the stock tires will shred very easily. Research venting rc tires on YouTube or do like most and upgrade. I went through way too many. Tons of directions you can take. You’ll want a wheel for a 14mm hex if you swap out tires. Duratrax makes replacements.

Couple things could be causing your issue. Chewed up gears or teeth somewhere sounds to be likely. With the wheels off the ground can you roll the tires? Check around the main driveshaft for debri keeping it from spinning. Any more info on your symptoms will help.

Thanks for the reply, really appreciate it. So after looking at manual, I decided to remove the spring loaded shaft to the get to the slipper clutch. I loosened up the hex screw because the wheels were locked and got the wheels to roll on the ground manually. Now if I'm reading the manual instructions correctly, it states to tighten up the slipper clutch, than loosen it up with a one and half turn?! I'll see if that fixes the problem, but to me it sounds like the gears are grinding!! Again, I'm new to the hobby so I'm learning as I go. I just thought I would get more use before I encountered these type of problems. I air cleaned it with my compressor and removed the dirt and debris the best I could.
If the car doesn't want to roll look if anything is stuck against the center driveshaft try removing the motor assembky with flat head screwdriver they tell you how to do it in the manual. If the car start to roll free again after that your issue is inside the motor most likely your motor bearing seized up buy a sealed bearing we all recommand ceramic hybrid they handle more abuse and spin faster with less drag than normal steel bearings. But you will have the check the sizes a few motor comes with 5x16x5 vs 5x13x4 that they ussualy came before
Good idea to service the motor after 10-15 packs to reoil the bearings with grease and to clean them. Another thig you can do to help get rid of dust inside the motor assembly is to drill a little hole on the chassi under the spur gear so that stuff who gets inside the motor module can escape.

Thanks for the note. I messed with slipper clutch and got the wheels to roll manually. I have yet to put it back, but will be doing that later today, I hope it fixes my issue, if not, I will look into removing the motor and replacing bearing! Thanks again!

I had to double check who wrote this.... I have the same exact problem! and just as they said above, i have contacted horizon and they are having me fill out a warranty form and i have to send in my radio and receiver. kind of bumming since i just got the thing and barely got to enjoy it. as for the tires ripping, i used that as an excuse to get some arrma granite wheels. it was $80 more that i didn't want to spend though
You’ll be waiting until at least mid July, I talked to them yesterday on why my warranty is taking so long and the radio/receivers are back ordered. Sorry to give you bad news brother but now at least you know.

You’ll be waiting until at least mid July, I talked to them yesterday on why my warranty is taking so long and the radio/receivers are back ordered. Sorry to give you bad news brother but now at least you know.
Thanks for the heads up. So I ended up buying a spektrum dx3 with a receiver. Changed it out and problem is still there. Not too happy but I gotta call Arrma next week. After doing some research. Sounds like it’s the blx esc. We’ll see

Thanks for the heads up. So I ended up buying a spektrum dx3 with a receiver. Changed it out and problem is still there. Not too happy but I gotta call Arrma next week. After doing some research. Sounds like it’s the blx esc. We’ll see
If it’s the esc if you can I’d suggest warranty the old one and upgrade to a max10 sct then sell the stock combo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back