New to the hobby, need something for my dog to chase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're looking at ~6volts @ 4 AA batteries.
I doubt you'll fry anything.
Jump the contacts and see if the Red LED comes on at least.

Jumped, red light is on.

So I guess I could tape it and just unplug the batteries to turn it off, but it would be nice to have a proper functioning remote. I'll see what HH says, and in the meantime I have a way to use it tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.

Jumped, red light is on.

So I guess I could tape it and just unplug the batteries to turn it off, but it would be nice to have a proper functioning remote. I'll see what HH says, and in the meantime I have a way to use it tomorrow.

Thanks everyone.

BOOM!
Will Forte Sunglasses GIF by MacGruber

Snl Intro GIF by MacGruber

This makes me and Teddy so happy! Haha wait until he learns the sound of the esc start-up... testing any upgrades or whatnot will always draw attention 🤣. Glad you made a traffic cone body too! Love it! I had to run and tell/show my girlfriend that we got another one with a traffic cone 👊🏿

He's already got that sound figured out haha

When it first fired up he was hopping around like crazy, whining and barking. You're right, I'm already having a hard time even picking it up to clean it, let alone turn it on to test or adjust anything. :cool:

He's a good pup, and it's worth it. Plus I'm having fun driving it, and even more fun watching him and the wife be so happy.

Well, it's a good news/bad news thing.

The good news is that the tx works and the pup got to play today!

The bad news is that it only has a 20 foot range, so we were doing figure 8s until he got tired.

I'm assuming that the aluminum I used won't carry enough voltage to the transmitter, and that's why the range is so bad. I'll keep playing with it, maybe try some copper, but if HH doesn't get back to me I'll just have Josh send me his to keep me running until they fix mine.

Pupper already assumes he gets to chase the car at least once a day :unsure:

Well, it's a good news/bad news thing.

The good news is that the tx works and the pup got to play today!

The bad news is that it only has a 20 foot range, so we were doing figure 8s until he got tired.

I'm assuming that the aluminum I used won't carry enough voltage to the transmitter, and that's why the range is so bad. I'll keep playing with it, maybe try some copper, but if HH doesn't get back to me I'll just have Josh send me his to keep me running until they fix mine.

Pupper already assumes he gets to chase the car at least once a day :unsure:

Just a couple of strands of copper wire from an old speaker wire or a CAT5 cable should do the trick. Use a piece of tape to hold it in place.. don't even need to solder. 👍

Tried some copper wire, still only 20 feet. I think it's something else causing the problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back