New to the rc game

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1995justincollins

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I am new to the site and new to the rc game. I just picked up a fury mega and have access to tons of dirt cheap traxxas parts and accessories. So my question is are there parts that are interchangeable with traxxas and the furry? And if so what are they? Thanks in advance!

What 2fast said. Traxxas parts wont fit, and are garbage anyways. Mind you that's coming from someone who owns two of them, not just fanboy bashing here.

Hey Justin, glad you are having fun. Unfortunately the Traxxas parts will not work on Arrma. Motors, servos, and esc’s and radios can sometimes be swapped between cars but the plastic and metal bits that hold the works together cannot. Enjoy!

Doh. Lol

I need some good wheel suggestions for pavement. Kraton and outcast. Are they interchangeable???

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_9246.PNG
    IMG_9246.PNG
    438.7 KB · Views: 34
These are buggy sized. While will fit, the gearing will be too different, you’ll need to do significant gear changes every time you put them.

The road crushers looks great for extreme speeds as they are belted (I don’t have experience with them) and are expensive.

Louise MT-Rocket will be half of the price, haven’t tried them either

Don't skimp on cheap tires. They will just balloon and shred on you and cost twice as much in the long run. Spend the extra and get some nice prolines or something of that nature. Not to mention those wheels look like the spokes will easily crack.

Remember the RC creed: Buy cheap, buy twice!

Last edited:
At 25% cost of the common and proven winners, I'd prolly give em a try. Cheap as a gamble on a new restaurant meal and may last longer. good or bad, useful on something. I remember just last year that belted Sweep Racing terrain and road crushers were new and sketchy but now so many love em and run em on the Talion and Kraton and across all the 1:8 models.
$20 imo is worth the gamble. I hope whatever you try works out and you like em.
Louise is good stuff too. Duratrax equivalent here in US.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back