new to the rc world and things are not going well off the start!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beefy nugz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey whats up guys. its been a long time since ive run a rc and I finally went out and purchased a brand new typhon! the buggy is loads of fun..... when I can keep it running. ive had this buggy now for maybe 2 weeks, and ive run it 8-10 times using a single 3s battery. not doing anything crazy and havnt physically broken anything. the servo did go out on me the 3rd time I drove it! spent a lot of money on this rc so I was pretty bummed. went out and purchased a brand new $80 core-less servo. wow this thing turns amazing now! lets go have a little fun I thought. put one battery through it since the servo swap and boom a little water kills my water proof speed control! oh cool, lucky me, arrma dosent warranty water when it says right on the box water proof. is the rc world not for me??? that's how I feel right now.........

Anybody have any advise or know what I should do?
thanks either way

Well that is a bunch of bs, if the item is listed as waterproof and water kills it that is a manufacturer defect and should be covered by the warranty. It's not like you were trying to drive it on the bottom of a pool. I am assuming that you were just driving through water puddles correct?
Push comes to shove you can get a "new" BLX 185 esc from a chop shop on eBay for like $70.
Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/381870829783

Last edited:
Yeah just a cpl small puddles. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see what they say. I read in my warranty info they don't cover water damage, but I think that might be more of a general statement. I mean I got the full break down of 4-5 other rc's.

That blx U speak of.... would that be considered an upgrade or is that similar to what I have stock?

I'm sorry I assumed you were talking about the Typhon, that esc I linked is the stock esc for the 1/8th scale platform, am I assuming you have the Raider?

Last edited:
Oh okay now I see it where it said Typhon. But yeah that esc I linked to is the stock esc.

Ok, yeah I'm definitely not going with same, unless arrma sends me another. I like to upgrade for a few more pennies when I can

Yeah just a cpl small puddles. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and see what they say. I read in my warranty info they don't cover water damage, but I think that might be more of a general statement. I mean I got the full break down of 4-5 other rc's.

That blx U speak of.... would that be considered an upgrade or is that similar to what I have stock?
Small puddles like in your Avatar? LOL, that is underwater, not small... :)

But I have put my BLX180 ( old red) and BLX200 thru the same, or worse. I would expect the BLX185 that comes with the v2's to survive. Contact Arrma, I bet they make it right. They are pretty good about warrantee swaps.

Don't say anything about water. Your esc stopped working, you are not sure why, and you'd like it replaced. End of story. Oh, and also say you can install the new one yourself and are not willing to send the car back to them.

Then the Hobbywing Max 8 sounds like it would be right up your alley. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-E...793614?hash=item4641de3a0e:g:kMAAAOSwtfhYrqE6
There is also the Quicrun 8 it has more adjust ability than the BLX185 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hobbywing-1...195421?hash=item41863fb19d:g:x5cAAOSwuzRXeTIF
thanks a lot bud ill look into these

Small puddles like in your Avatar? LOL, that is underwater, not small... :)

But I have put my BLX180 ( old red) and BLX200 thru the same, or worse. I would expect the BLX185 that comes with the v2's to survive. Contact Arrma, I bet they make it right. They are pretty good about warrantee swaps.
that's not me in the avi but yeah I was in a puddle of equal proportion. went in a tad deeper then I wanted but I also thought this entire buggy was water proof.... don't always believe what you read I guess!

Don't say anything about water. Your esc stopped working, you are not sure why, and you'd like it replaced. End of story. Oh, and also say you can install the new one yourself and are not willing to send the car back to them.
thanks for the advise. I contacted arrma today and theye going to lmk in 2 days if they will waranrty it out or not. in due time

- update -

received my package from arrma yesterday. I mailed the package out I believe last tues or weds, so the turn around time was excellent! also they fixed my servo which ill be saving for now since I have the savox in there. then they upgraded my esc to the blx185! exactly what I wanted.

Hats off to arrma!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back