Typhon New to the Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gensacearespammers is OK, but I would rather have the SMC's linked earlier in the thread. If you are in Canada, and can't get the SMC batteries, then I would look to Hobbyking, at their Graphine packs, or the Turnigy HD packs. Hobbyking as reasonable shipping, and both the Graphine and HD packs are good. (some of the other Hobby king packs are not great, though)
Turnigy HD-
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-heavy-duty-5000mah-4s-60c-lipo-pack-w-xt-90.html
Graphine-
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/graphene-5000mah-4s-hardcase-w-5mm-female-bullet-connector.html

The chargers you linked are under powered for 4s and 6s use. (the Pro3 is margional for 4s 5000mah use - but you know you want to go bigger, right?) Again - When shopping for a charger, be sure and watch the Wattage. For a 5000mah pack, you need 25w per cell for 1c charging, so a 4s needs 100w and a 6s needs 150 watts. Also, more mah needs more wattage, so the bigger SMC's linked above will need closer to 180w of power to charge at 1C (1-hour) Also, I personally like to charge at 2C, so I have a 300w charger. For the bigger chargers, they are mostly DC chargers, so you will need a power supply...

Here is the single channel, AC version of my charger. 300w, 20a of power. This charger will have no issue charging even big 6s packs at 2c / 30minutes.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/0620ac-...charger-discharger-built-in-ac-version-2.html

Awesome thank you so much. It's free shipping to Canada I see which is great.

That charger you posted, can it charge multiple packs?

Will both of those batteries need adapters or when I get them will they fit right in?

Thanks for your help

Will both of those batteries need adapters or when I get them will they fit right in?

Thanks for your help
I am only speaking from my current issue. I thought I was stepping up from my Onyx 245 and doing great going to the Venom Pro Quad, but now that I have gone straight to single 4s, the 100w a channel is fine, but if I go 6s won't be enough power. Sure it will charge but not at the speed I have gotten spoiled to. If you need to make a jump, then I suggest making a jump to what will work if you go 6s. That way you aren't "wasting" time or money

Thanks for your help

That charger only have one channel, so it can only charge one battery at a time - unless you fool it. There are parallel charging boards out there make so you can charge several batteries at one time, but IMHO, that is better for smaller batteries. With 4s and 6s, the wattage needed is high enough you are better off with a 2 or 4 channel charger.

I use a 2-channel DC only version of that Reaktor charger. There is also a 4-channel version.

My PSU is a 1050w PSU from SMC - it is a converted computer server PSU. It has more than enough power for my 2-channel charger, but for the 4 channel, you will need to watch your charge rates to make sure you don't overload it. On Ebay, there are lots more of these converted PSU's, in wattages from 300w to 2000w.

As for adaptors, the Reaktor chargers come with some empty pigtails, so you can solder your plug of choice onto them. If you don't solder, then Hobbyking sells those too -
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/xt90-to-banana-plug-charge-lead-adapter.html

How much would a power supply be with this charger as well?

Man, and I thought it was just a purchase battery + charger and go! lol

Hey Timbo,

I have both the gensacearespammers 4s, and Graphine 6s for my Arrma's.
Neither is better than the other (imo), other than the obvious differences of 4s to 6s. The only thing with Hobbyking is that you may, or may not, get hit with extra fee's on delivery. Iv'e had it both ways.
Hobby Hobby is another shop you might want to look at, it's out of Toronto and has decent prices.

Hey Timbo,

I have both the gensacearespammers 4s, and Graphine 6s for my Arrma's.
Neither is better than the other (imo), other than the obvious differences of 4s to 6s. The only thing with Hobbyking is that you may, or may not, get hit with extra fee's on delivery. Iv'e had it both ways.
Hobby Hobby is another shop you might want to look at, it's out of Toronto and has decent prices.

Thanks man,

I know where they are in Streetsville.

Don't think they have Turnigy or Graphene Lipos?

Okay great,

Should I be aiming for 5000 mah and 50c + for a 4s battery?

Does the higher mah make the battery thicker
Indeed, the increase in mah and cells will usually increase the overall size.
The gensacearespammers 4s 5000mah 50C lipo in your pic, is the exact lipos I have been running. They fit beautifully in all my Arrma's

Last edited:
Indeed, the the increase in mah and cells will usually increase the the overall size.
The gensacearespammers 4s 5000mah 50C lipo in your pic, is the exact lipos I have been running. They fit beautifully in all my Arrma's

Sounds good. Do they have a 6s as well? gensacearespammers?

What's your charger of choice?

Sounds good. Do they have a 6s as well? gensacearespammers?

What's your charger of choice?
No, I went with Turnigy Graphine 6s 5000mah 65C...... So, gensacearespammers for my 4s, and Graphine for my 6s.

I use an icharger with PSU and paraboard to charge multiple lipos at once.
1539294356140.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back