Limitless New toy for a big boy - need help with my build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmak

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Typhon 3s
Finally pulled the trigger. As much as I want to just keep this beauty on the shelf to look at, I do eventually need to build this thing. I'm relatively new in the RC scene and the only other Arrma I have is the Typhon 3S. The Limitless won't be for high speed runs (yet) so just looking for a nice cruiser. I would have just gotten the Infraction and I'm on a waiting list for one, but just couldn't resist the wait.

Right now I just have it spec'd for the HobbyWing Max8. Also looking to maybe go with 20T pinion and 50t spur. Otherwise just looking for tx, servo, and maybe extra sets of batteries. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_4768.jpg
    IMG_4768.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 36
Finally pulled the trigger. As much as I want to just keep this beauty on the shelf to look at, I do eventually need to build this thing. I'm relatively new in the RC scene and the only other Arrma I have is the Typhon 3S. The Limitless won't be for high speed runs (yet) so just looking for a nice cruiser. I would have just gotten the Infraction and I'm on a waiting list for one, but just couldn't resist the wait.

Right now I just have it spec'd for the HobbyWing Max8. Also looking to maybe go with 20T pinion and 50t spur. Otherwise just looking for tx, servo, and maybe extra sets of batteries. Any suggestions?
I’d stick with the 34T spool and use the enclosed 29T pinion ?

I would go with the BLX185 / 2050kv combo from a kit breaker if all you want is parking lot bashing. The 50T center diff out of any 6S rig with a 20T pinion would be a safe play. I would still get a motor fan setup just to be sure. This setup would be inexpensive, easy, and still shred those Hoons in a few packs.

If you want an upgrade from this, but not extreme, I would start with a MAX6 instead and go with a motor still in the 2000kv or less range. Same gearing and fan recommendations as above.

I agree being a heavy car and lots of traction and speed both will create some heat.
As you said initially the 20/50 gearing will be good to keep heat down. The spool and speed pinion is only good for 1-2 passes before it needs a cool down break.

If you can get your hands on a MMX8s it is my new GoTo ESC. The best part is that it runs cool for bashing, but also capable of high speeds if you eventually want to play with running over 100mph.

I you're staying with 6s the 20/50 would be great for bashing. I upgraded to an 8s esc because i smoked a couple of MMX6s esc's with the stock gearing after only 1 or 2 passes. Now I use a max5 with a 2200kv castle motor 27t pinion and 50t kraton center diff for bashing and a castle XLX wth 34t pinion and 34 t spool and 1100 kv motor for speed. Tp power is on the way in the mail.
jaytee rc on youtube has a breat 6s bashing setup on one of his videos and he uses the 50 t diff instead of the spool, bashes for a while and has no heat issues.

I you're staying with 6s the 20/50 would be great for bashing. I upgraded to an 8s esc because i smoked a couple of MMX6s esc's with the stock gearing after only 1 or 2 passes. Now I use a max5 with a 2200kv castle motor 27t pinion and 50t kraton center diff for bashing and a castle XLX wth 34t pinion and 34 t spool and 1100 kv motor for speed. Tp power is on the way in the mail.
jaytee rc on youtube has a breat 6s bashing setup on one of his videos and he uses the 50 t diff instead of the spool, bashes for a while and has no heat issues. Just realized i mixed up my mot
jaytee rc on youtube has a breat 6s bashing setup on one of his videos and he uses the 50 t diff instead of the spool, bashes for a while and has no heat issues.
Just realized that i mixed up my motors. I use the 2200kv for speed and the 1100 kv for bashing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back