Limitless New TP Power 4080cm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think people take into consideration the WEIGHT of a system larger than 8S. The batteries alone could add more than 2 pounds to the car plus the ESCs are way larger. I watch tons of videos of people running 10S, 12S, and higher and the speeds they get can be obtained with 8S or even 6S when geared right. For 5th scale you NEED that kind of power due to the size and weight of the car without any electronics. Trying to squeeze that into a car made for 6S or even 8S is almost fruitless in my opinion. You weigh the car down and rob it of the characteristics that made you buy the car in the first place. I've only seen one person do it any type of success...I think he got over 80mph in a Kraton 8S off-road and he had the MGM setup in his. Check out one of his vids here:
The other larger scale ESCs like ZTW and Flier seem like trash to me from what I've seen.
I know how heavy my FG is and it runs great on a XLX2.

More voltage means less amps for the same power which is good for many reasons (less heat/stress on batteries/big can low kv motor matchup), but voltage alone doesn't bring power. My point is P= U*I.
And the XLX2 is 600A capable (at least for 10s bursts), disregarding ZTW and flier, only the 800A TMM 80063-3 outperforms the XLX2 in terms of I.

At least up to 12S, none of the 400A ESC's will deliver more power than the XLX2 at 8S. And with better ESR/small volume caps and castle software it will do it more efficiently. Adding more weight and volume (esc and batteries) just adds more load, reducing efficiency even more. So in my opinion unless you want to pay 1600€ for the 80063-3 you are always better of running a XLX2 at 8S.

I've suspected for a long time that the reason castle doesn't advertise many specs is because they secretly suck. Their own site, under the mamba X, says "you may experience amp draws over 100A, this is dangerous for your esc!" When comparable escs from competitors are more than happy to list 160A continuous capability.

It makes sense, though, if you look at what certifiably good systems cost. By comparison, you'll get what you're paying for. If the price range is $300 for an XLX2, or $3500 for an MGM, maybe... well, I guess there's Alien.
I think they don't like to put up their specs
Because their escs specs wouldnt look great compared to others that may put up optimistic numbers, maybe.

For example, mm2 is 120amp esc and max8 is 150a, max6 160amp.
Id sat i can push my mm2 further on 4s than a max8 can on 6s and probably max6 on 8s.

I think the same situation with smc lipo.
How they gonna put 40c on their speed lipo if we see cheapo lipos with better stats.

Be great to have industry standard for testing

I think they don't like to put up their specs
Because their escs specs wouldnt look great compared to others that may put up optimistic numbers, maybe.

For example, mm2 is 120amp esc and max8 is 150a, max6 160amp.
Id sat i can push my mm2 further on 4s than a max8 can on 6s and probably max6 on 8s.

I think the same situation with smc lipo.
How they gonna put 40c on their speed lipo if we see cheapo lipos with better stats.

Be great to have industry standard for testing

That is certainly an issue.
Batteries are the worst offenders. All it would take is someone with some high quality test equipment and high public visibility.
It would become a business where the manufacturers pay this person to have their review of their products power rating labeled on their box/product.

I really think the HW ESCs are 160a burst and then limit down to 100a constant or something like that.

what timing ya use for drag raceing on a 4080
Most 4080’s are d wind and will have no benefit adding timing. Best to set it to 0,

There’s a couple y wind 4080’s that you can add timing to but it’s a process to keep the rest of the car exactly the same then compare timing changes to rpm’s and motor temp to find the best timing setup

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back