Notorious New Transmitter Not working properly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ffeggleston

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a DX3 Spectrum Transmitter and a SR6110AT AVC today. I can get the transmitter to work with my old SR315, but on the New SR6110AT I am not getting reverse. I have tried programming the ESC with the throttle relearn. I have tried the binding/learning procedure and I am getting nowhere. Anyone have any advice. Thank you .

When you do the ESC Thr. caibration, are the Thr knobs at neutral?
I could only say its the Rx that's bad if anything else. Since the Tx works with the SR315 Rx.
Are you running AVC or is it disabled when you bind?
What is plugged into the SR6110AT aside from ESC and Servo?

When you do the ESC Thr. caibration, are the Thr knobs at neutral?
I could only say its the Rx that's bad if anything else. Since the Tx works with the SR315 Rx.
Are you running AVC or is it disabled when you bind?
What is plugged into the SR6110AT aside from ESC and Servo?
Throttle trip and and steering trim are all set to neutral. Where should I set the Steering Rate ?
I'm trying to Run AVC but not sure if that is even working yet. Only the ESC and Servo are plugged into the SR6110AT.

The received is brand new.

The binding process is different for both of these receivers. With the SR6110AT, calibration is done whilst binding. Center the throttle and steering trims and turn the AVC knob to maximum, then follow the binding/calibration process in the SR6110AT manual word for word and you should be good to go:

Screenshot_20211007-064002.png

ST at neutral also, but really has no bearing with Calibration ( which just learns Throttle position, F/R and Neutral trigger).

The binding process is different for both of these receivers. With the SR6110AT, calibration is done whilst binding. Center the throttle and steering trims and turn the AVC knob to maximum, then follow the binding/calibration process in the SR6110AT manual word for word and you should be good to go:

View attachment 172830
Ive tried this so many times verbatim on this exact sheet. Still have no Reverse, No matter what I do.

Ive tried this so many times verbatim on this exact sheet. Still have no Reverse, No matter what I do.
Have you checked the ESC settings? You may have changed the running mode by accident to only forward/brake

If it's the Firma 150A, you'll want setting 1, parameter 2

If this isn't it, you can try disabling the AVC during the binding/calibration process but I doubt it could be a faulty gyro... other than these suggestions I'm stumped!

Have you checked the ESC settings? You may have changed the running mode by accident to only forward/brake

If it's the Firma 150A, you'll want setting 1, parameter 2

If this isn't it, you can try disabling the AVC during the binding/calibration process but I doubt it could be a faulty gyro... other than these suggestions I'm stumped!
Double checks the ESC settings as well and even set the ESC back to Factory Settings.

A bad Rx is all.
Maybe there is a F/W update for the SR6110AT from Spektrum support?

So I ended up getting it to work. I reset the actual DX3 back to factory settings. However I am not getting the smart battery indicator and I have next to little range.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back