New traxxas maxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IDK but I kinda want one.
I'm guessing $699.99. Ya, I'm not a huge Traxxas fan, BUT if it's as tough as it's older brother I may look into it. AND it's 4s...

This spring I want a new vehicle. top picks so far are new Maxx or Rival MT8 "depending on reviews". I'm hoping Arrma/Horizon gets their 4s :poop: together before then.

I'm guessing $699.99. Ya, I'm not a huge Traxxas fan, BUT if it's as tough as it's older brother I may look into it. AND it's 4s...

This spring I want a new vehicle. top picks so far are new Maxx or Rival MT8 "depending on reviews". I'm hoping Arrma/Horizon gets their 4s :poop: together before then.
Super interested in the MT8 as a gateway to bigger kits...especially if the price doesn't get jacked up before spring time.

I'll go with $649.99...although they could probably ask more. Never had a Traxxas and don't understand why folks line up and swipe their credit cards for kits that just don't have the value. Why pay more for less? Kinda like Apple/iOS over Windows/Android...i'm happy with my $300 laptop instead of a $1200 MacBook

I'll go with $649.99...although they could probably ask more. Never had a Traxxas and don't understand why folks line up and swipe their credit cards for kits that just don't have the value. Why pay more for less? Kinda like Apple/iOS over Windows/Android...i'm happy with my $300 laptop instead of a $1200 MacBook
Its about the brand nothing else

For me fun factor>durability/options>expense>brand. Just so happens my first RC back into the fold was an Arrma BRCC. Almost a Rustler VXL though.

I have the E Revo 2.0 and love it. It was my first r/c car and don't regret it. Yes I have bashed it and broken it on a few occasions already, none of which were stupid expensive to fix. I did fry the speed controller on it and it was my fault but Traxxas warrantied it and replaced it for free. Other than that two toe links and one tire have been broken and I have beaten the hell out of it. My personal experience will have me buying another Traxxas. Don't get me wrong I do love my Infraction V2 but it will cost me more to repair at this point. CORRECTION I did also have to replace the steering servos on the Traxxas but I was able to find a cheaper solution to that and only needed to buy one new servo to replace both. Both of my r/c trucks have been a blast in their own right. I would definitely look into seriously buying a Maxx V2 if and when they come out. As for my next Arrma I haven't decided what i will get next.... Vendetta maybe and make a speed run car out of it?

I have the E Revo 2.0 and love it. It was my first r/c car and don't regret it. Yes I have bashed it and broken it on a few occasions already, none of which were stupid expensive to fix. I did fry the speed controller on it and it was my fault but Traxxas warrantied it and replaced it for free. Other than that two toe links and one tire have been broken and I have beaten the hell out of it. My personal experience will have me buying another Traxxas. Don't get me wrong I do love my Infraction V2 but it will cost me more to repair at this point. CORRECTION I did also have to replace the steering servos on the Traxxas but I was able to find a cheaper solution to that and only needed to buy one new servo to replace both. Both of my r/c trucks have been a blast in their own right. I would definitely look into seriously buying a Maxx V2 if and when they come out. As for my next Arrma I haven't decided what i will get next.... Vendetta maybe and make a speed run car out of it?
Your lucky traxxas remplaced it for free. In my case they wanted me to ship it at my expense Wait weeks til it gets to them. Then decide if they were going to charge me or not half retail for the faulty esc who was what 2 months old. No way i was wasting my summer with their nonsense.
Vendetta seems to be a great rc so far. Sad i cant run it because winter

So strange how things like that happen. I wonder if it has to do with whoever the CSR is who gets the case?

Your lucky traxxas remplaced it for free. In my case they wanted me to ship it at my expense Wait weeks til it gets to them. Then decide if they were going to charge me or not half retail for the faulty esc who was what 2 months old. No way i was wasting my summer with their nonsense.
It was easy enough being I live in Texas and was up in the area when I was. My ESC was less than a month old when it fried so all worked out. My other option was to ship it and wait but like I said I was going to be the area so wham bam done.
So strange how things like that happen. I wonder if it has to do with whoever the CSR is who gets the case?
As long as it is within the first month they will replace it no charge from what they told me. I walked into their store in McKinney and they directly replaced it on the spot no questions asked.

Traxxas let me warranty a faulty VXL-3s system a day after the warranty expired, it was all free. The VXL-3s motor started to smoke after 2 minutes of street running on 3s with stock gearing in my Slash 2wd. Traxxas makes garbage electronics but their customer service has been good to me.

Traxxas let me warranty a faulty VXL-3s system a day after the warranty expired, it was all free. The VXL-3s motor started to smoke after 2 minutes of street running on 3s with stock gearing in my Slash 2wd. Traxxas makes garbage electronics but their customer service has been good to me.
They have been good to me too. Anytime I have a question they asnwer it the first time around.

I forgot their excuse. They remplaced a set of tires who blew. They did it as a “one time courtesy”. They used that to not allow an esc remplacement. Again they wanted me to send the esc to inspect it and see if im qualified for half retail remplacement
Did you warranty more than one item? They give you a courtesy/gift if you have a problem with ur new rc. Might be part of the program and why traxxas customer service looks nice on paper but ehat happens when you have a different issue in the future?
It was easy enough being I live in Texas and was up in the area when I was. My ESC was less than a month old when it fried so all worked out. My other option was to ship it and wait but like I said I was going to be the area so wham bam done.

As long as it is within the first month they will replace it no charge from what they told me. I walked into their store in McKinney and they directly replaced it on the spot no questions asked.
Man I keep having flashbacks. Another reason why my esc couldnt be remplaced was also because it was out of the 30 day warranty from time of purchase. I repeat 30 days. Talk about a joke

Last edited:
Yeah my LHS will most likely have them available this Friday for $569
ESC, driveshafts and front c hubs were an issue for me with the original one. Bulkheads crack with time during heavy bashing too and the body got crumpled. Original one. Probably same issue here

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back