New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stand Traxxas and their propriety plugs, that's the first thing I'd get rid of.
The plugs were the first thing I got rid of on my X Maxx after that hit. If a plug can't stay connected after that it doesn't deserve to be used. I switched over to the IC5 connector (they're expensive compared to EC5 connectors but I like the construction better). Nice tight fit.

If you do get one the first thing you should do if you plan on using the stock ESC is change the plugs on it. The plugs Traxxas uses really don't like staying together in hard hits...that and they suck anyways. Considering the chassis is based on the X Maxx it'll be one tough cookie. Here's my X Maxx taking a hard hit and coming away completely unscathed (structurally at least). I can tell you right now if that had been my Kraton 6s the chassis would have been bent for sure. I mean it's already bent from cartwheeling and taking a 2-3' nose dive into the grass from the same jump in the vid.
Was a good hit, no doubt. I had a similar crash into the side of my daughter's elantra, didn't come out unscathed tho..bent shock rod,broken bumper and ripped the bumper screws from the front skid plate. Her car suffered a dent just in front of the rear wheel well at the rocker..the X was coming down from a jump on impact..we didn't report that one to the insurance company 🤣🤣 TBH, I never even told her about it,LOL.
That car has since been traded in anyway..
The X took it well tho, it was a hard hit, can't complain.
The plugs were the first thing I got rid of on my X Maxx after that hit. If a plug can't stay connected after that it doesn't deserve to be used. I switched over to the IC5 connector (they're expensive compared to EC5 connectors but I like the construction better). Nice tight fit.
I cut the TRX plugs off before I even tested the truck.. I don't own anything with TRX plugs.

I'm thinking about electronic upgrades already. It really seems like the xmax upgraded mounts will fit so I'm thinking maybe an mmx8s + castle 2028 1100kv but that might be too heavy.
not sure about the castle setup but a Max6 is a nice fit in the Xmaxx. Thinking of ordering a max5 for the Xmaxx and using the WFO Mounting plate I have.

Here are the stock motor specs in case you are interested. I hope you get one!

E34B1ECD-3BD2-4F09-A659-9D00A6E6C427.jpeg

I cut the TRX plugs off before I even tested the truck.. I don't own anything with TRX plugs.
At the time the only matching 4s batteries I owned had TRX plugs on them. They weren't Traxxas batteries though, HOOVO brand from Amazon. Really like their brand of battery. Really good performance for not a lot of money.

If you do get one the first thing you should do if you plan on using the stock ESC is change the plugs on it. The plugs Traxxas uses really don't like staying together in hard hits...that and they suck anyways. Considering the chassis is based on the X Maxx it'll be one tough cookie. Here's my X Maxx taking a hard hit and coming away completely unscathed (structurally at least). I can tell you right now if that had been my Kraton 6s the chassis would have been bent for sure. I mean it's already bent from cartwheeling and taking a 2-3' nose dive into the grass from the same jump in the vid.
my arrma would have bent that lamp post ;)

That was one nasty hit!

I can't stand Traxxas and their propriety plugs, that's the first thing I'd get rid of. But holy moly, that was one heck of an impact! I hit a tree stump at around 25-30mph with my Mojave and bent the front shock tower, so yea, I don't think any Arrma would've walked away from that completely unscathed, and that's coming from an Arrma fan.
haha I must have some luck with these rigs as I actually crashed my mojave a good 3 times and nothing happened. The last time my pinion came off and I had no brakes and ended up smacking the curb pretty hard. I was actually surprised nothing happened as it sounded BAD. I think the Mojave has to be one of the most durable arrma rigs out there.

Now the Kraton? not so much haha.

I think the Mojave has to be one of the most durable arrma rigs out there.
I keep hearing mixed things about the Mojave. I want to get the roller and throw the electronics from my Felony in but I find it hard to justify spending $500 without the electronics since the rtr is $670 (and yes I know the roller has a bunch of aluminum upgrades but still). I really want the UDR but I know the batteries Is be using won't fit and replacing the ESC plugs would be a nightmare since they're mounted on the chassis.

not sure about the castle setup but a Max6 is a nice fit in the Xmaxx. Thinking of ordering a max5 for the Xmaxx and using the WFO Mounting plate I have.

Here are the stock motor specs in case you are interested. I hope you get one!

View attachment 253518
Thanks! those electronics are looking similar to the max 6 combo to me. Motor similar size and esc similar specs. A mmx8s should do amazing in there then if a max 6 is used so often and the stock stuff is similar. Tbh I was thinking a max 6 combo was small for 1/5 but now that I think about it even the stock spektrum 1/5 stuff is basically a max 6 combo too.

Crazy to think that's the same stuff I have in the wifey typhon and the kraton 6s. Oh and don't you worry my guy we're actually about to go pre order it today. Got me some blunts rolled for the car ride and the wifey driving. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I keep hearing mixed things about the Mojave. I want to get the roller and throw the electronics from my Felony in but I find it hard to justify spending $500 without the electronics since the rtr is $670 (and yes I know the roller has a bunch of aluminum upgrades but still). I really want the UDR but I know the batteries Is be using won't fit and replacing the ESC plugs would be a nightmare since they're mounted on the chassis.
Tbh I think the mojave is great but mine is mainly used on road. What really sucks is the fact that you just missed that great sale they had going on. The mojave actually sold out during that sale too. I think it was like 3xx$ for the exb version. Feelsbad.

Crazy to think that's the same stuff I have in the wifey typhon and the kraton 6s. Oh and don't you worry my guy we're actually about to go pre order it today. Got me some blunts rolled for the car ride and the wifey driving. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That’s what I love to hear! Can’t wait for the videos.

I have been debating to upgrade the Xmaxx electronics. Had a max6 in the Xmaxx but stole it for the Talion XL build. Thinking a Max5/6 with a 1100kv is the sweet spot for me.

Have a safe trip.

Abide The Dude GIF

really sucks is the fact that you just missed that great sale they had going on. The mojave actually sold out during that sale too. I think it was like 3xx$ for the exb version. Feelsbad.
The Felony I got from my LHS was on sale for $250 off so I'm OK.
Just in case anyone wanted to see what the Max6 looks like in the X Maxx

Attachments

• P_20220921_231625.jpg
    P_20220921_231625.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 37
So who all is getting one? I'm actually hyped and I don't really know why. I'm probably going to go up to the hobbytown 40 mins away from me and pre order. The one 13 mins away SUCKS and after calling for 3 days in a row we finally got told "you can kind of pre order but we don't know when we will get any in"

WTF is that? I guess I should be thankful I have 2 of them within 40 mins but driving there and back 2 times in a row kind of sucks!. I'm about to do it for this XRT though! I doubt I can get the black but I'm sure about to ask.

I'm thinking about electronic upgrades already. It really seems like the xmax upgraded mounts will fit so I'm thinking maybe an mmx8s + castle 2028 1100kv but that might be too heavy.

The hobby shop I went through let me order and pay over the phone. They’re a good two hour drive so if I had to drive that twice, I’d be out.

I’m waiting for the max6 I ordered from tower to ship, but I will probably swap that in when it shows up. I also ordered a max5/1100kv for my X-Maxx, but maybe I’ll see if that will fit in the XRT? My Xmaxx currently has a max6 with the stock motor and the max6 definitely woke it up.

Love the mojave, but it's a limited use rig for me. It could never replace my kraton or any other truggy..it's got plenty of speed, just lacks the suspension and stability. I'm glad I bought it though. I wouldn't mind having a udr, but there's alot of others I'd like to have first.

Love the mojave, but it's a limited use rig for me. It could never replace my kraton or any other truggy..it's got plenty of speed, just lacks the suspension and stability. I'm glad I bought it though. I wouldn't mind having a udr, but there's alot of others I'd like to have first.
I had the Slash and really liked it. Rather have a larger version of it though as anything less than 1/8 scale just feels too small. I can thank my X Maxx for that.

I keep hearing mixed things about the Mojave.

It’s a really fun truck, probably one of my most driven. I cannot emphasize enough how cool it looks flying over rough terrain!

The most durable Armma I have for sure.

I had the Slash and really liked it. Rather have a larger version of it though as anything less than 1/8 scale just feels too small. I can thank my X Maxx for that.
Yeah, I hear ya. I just built a Tekno sct410, it's awesome but with the lightweight and small tires it easily gets overwhelmed on my track. Still a blast, tough as nails. I keep thinking I need an in between..between mojave and tekno.. I know folks are still making their own sentons from 6s typhons, but I want more wheelbase than the typhon but less than mojave. I got an idea, just short the funds right now.. I just ordered an ET48 chassis to stretch my mt410..

Last edited:
You guys are lucky, we don't/won't even get the black edition over here..😩
Make sure you post plenty of pics and let us all know how awesome it is..!!😉
It's seriously just a black body that's the only difference.

Back