New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy smokes I really sent the XRT today. I freaking love these copperhead 2's. This truck is amazing!! and then I finally bent my o8s chassis =(

Of course, it happens right after m2c black Friday sale.

Holy smokes I really sent the XRT today. I freaking love these copperhead 2's. This truck is amazing!! and then I finally bent my o8s chassis =(

Of course, it happens right after m2c black Friday sale.
Metal always bends. Someone should make some titanium I beams that go the length of the chassis. They wouldn't even need to be that big. Yes it'd add weight but then the chassis wouldn't bend 95% of the time.

Metal always bends. Someone should make some titanium I beams that go the length of the chassis. They wouldn't even need to be that big. Yes it'd add weight but then the chassis wouldn't bend 95% of the time.
There actually is a "bash bar" that does basically that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265621437636

A lot cheaper than an m2c chassis but the chassis definitely has to be saving weight.

Zoom in on the pictures.. I don't think their holes line up 100%? Nice to see a US option for those though..
The pic with it installed looked fine to me. I'm not sure what you mean tbh.

Guys, I really don't understand how people are cracking bulkheads, breaking bell cranks and steering links etc etc. I sound like a broken record at this point but I'm just in love with this truck and can't believe the things I've done and driven away from.

I guess I'm just in awe after my bash earlier today. I went home and gave the truck a little look over and literally nothing wrong with it. I flew farther today than I've ever flown on any of my other 8s rigs and had a few bad landings while doing it. Even had a horrible landing from a backflip that sent me into a violent cartwheel. My cheeks were clinched the whole time and NO DAMAGE.

I feel like I need to give traxxas an apology for all the mean things I've said in the past. The XRT might actually be my favorite rig at this point. I questioned my sanity when I originally dropped the 1k on this rig but not only do I not regret it, I wish I had 2 of them. I'm now envious of all the people who have been bashing and enjoying the xmaxx this whole time. It looks hideous but damn if it's even half as good as the XRT I can finally see why people love traxxas.

I don't think I've been this impressed with any of my arrma bashers.

I love this poop

Signed
Former Arrma Fanboy

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the added weight but I wanted to give belted a shot and didn't want to pay more than what a set of stock tires cost.
I hear ya!! I use Duratrax tires alot actually..mainly due to pricing. They're not great,but good enough for me. I wish they sold Xmaxx tires that WEREN'T belted personally..the glue on one of my brother's 6 packs is letting go already😔
I believe Proline makes great tires but I'm not interested in paying 1:1 prices for rc tires. Not happening.
My first choice in tires(premounts) is Arrma, unfortunately they don't make enough variety to fill my needs, also, I buy them from JRC so I'm not paying retail. That makes a big argument for Arrma rtr tires. I'd never buy em at retail,LOL.
I'm actually considering putting up a WTB listing for XRT tires in the classified section. Just not sure I wanna deal with the disappointment I've become used to from TRX tires and wheels..LOL. I think their size and tread would work perfectly for me on the Xmaxx.

Last edited:
The pic with it installed looked fine to me. I'm not sure what you mean tbh.
Minor I know but I do like tight tolerances :cool:

8s bash bar.jpg

Minor I know but I do like tight tolerances :cool:

View attachment 260664
If this was something I made myself with hand tools,ok, but if this is a manufactured part that I paid for, nope.. just my opinion.
There actually is a "bash bar" that does basically that.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265621437636

A lot cheaper than an m2c chassis but the chassis definitely has to be saving weight.
I've seen these in the past..not terrible, but for the price,nah. I'd make my own. How much more to buy a legit JBI or M2C chassis? If I needed the beef, which I don't, I'd just buy the real deal and move on. JMO. ✌

Last edited:
I feel like I need to give traxxas an apology for all the mean things I've said in the past. The XRT might actually be my favorite rig at this point. I questioned my sanity when I originally dropped the 1k on this rig but not only do I not regret it, I wish I had 2 of them. I'm now envious of all the people who have been bashing and enjoying the xmaxx this whole time. It looks hideous but damn if it's even half as good as the XRT I can finally see why people love traxxas.
People really like Traxxas for their durability and really cheap replacement parts. Yes $1k is a lot for something that doesn't look or feel premium quality but it's in how the design was executed that matters the most. If I want a monster truck or something that requires little to no upgrades to truly take a beating then I'll go Traxxas. If I want something that's more speed/race oriented or something unique like the FT then I'll go Arrma. If I want something that's extremely realistic then Losi is the way to go.

People really like Traxxas for their durability and really cheap replacement parts. Yes $1k is a lot for something that doesn't look or feel premium quality but it's in how the design was executed that matters the most. If I want a monster truck or something that requires little to no upgrades to truly take a beating then I'll go Traxxas. If I want something that's more speed/race oriented or something unique like the FT then I'll go Arrma. If I want something that's extremely realistic then Losi is the way to go.
Agreed.. like saying I only like Chevy and will only buy Chevy's..do they have good products? Sure..but definitely not the best in every segment or application. I'll keep on saying it.. brand loyalty is for suckers.

I can totally relate..when my brother showed up at my house last year with an Xmaxx, I was like whaaat!? $1k for that!!? No way!! Well, seeing, or in this case, "bashing" is believing, LOL. This was my first encounter with an Xmaxx in person..I truly was blown away at how well it drove, and more importantly how much of a beating it can take! Traxxas engineering is truly remarkable. Proof is there, plastic fantastic IS a truly durable and capable truck!! I swear my bro had it planned..he left the Xmaxx at my house, with batteries, charger and permission..go ahead, give it a rip.. what a jerk!! HaHa..Soo, literally less than 6 months later, I (I mean Mrs. KnowAir) got me an Xmaxx for Xmas. 😎😁🤘Now, since I already have the Xmaxx, I won't likely be buying an XRT,but if money weren't such a "thing".. I'd likely get one.

Traxxas 8S stuff is better than Arrma 8S stuff.
4S is kind of a wash.
Arrma 6S stuff is better out of the box, but throw a chassis on the Sledge and it's a beast.

It's actually refreshing to drive the XRT compared to my arrma 8s rigs. I'm not as afraid of something bad happening which takes a load off my mind and allows me to have a little more fun.

I don't enjoy wrenching so much and the more I drive the XRT the more comfortable I get knowing that it's probably not going to break so easily. I also am not sure if I'm just lucky or what as other people definitely seem to be having problems with breaking stuff. Yet as far as I'm concerned, I'm sending mine pretty damn good and it's not breaking.

Maybe I'm just under some invisible threshold that is saving me from breakages? if so, I don't want to bash it any harder because I'm beyond thrilled with the way I'm bashing it now.

Traxxas 8S stuff is better than Arrma 8S stuff.
4S is kind of a wash.
Arrma 6S stuff is better out of the box, but throw a chassis on the Sledge and it's a beast.
Until the sludge and xrt came along, I don't feel like they were really ever directly comparable in any of the 4, 6 or 8s lines. This year, things have changed. Still no direct comparo in 4s though. MT Maxx vs 4s truggy..

I'm pretty sure this will be my next RC. Unless the mojave EXB goes on some crazy super sale, this will be next. Gotta compete with my buddies xmaxx and have something comparable!

Not having the 4s batteries is what really kills me though.

Back