New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

I'm definitely going to have to disagree with you on that. The mmx8s is better than the max 6 in like every way. It provides more amps, it stays A LOT cooler and it's sensored. The only thing the max 6 has going for it is price. The mmx8s is not the xlx2 and it seems like you're equating xlx2 problems to mmx8s and there is no evidence to show that the mmx8s shares any of the problems of the xlx2. In fact, quite the opposite.

It's even better in ways you don't even realize until you use both of them. Quality of life stuff like instantly being able to go into reverse from a dead stop and also being able to instantly apply throttle if you're rolling backwards at all.
Meh. I blew 2 1717 motors on my Mojave EXB. And for bashing, the MMX8S doesn't seem to like it. But I'm talking about huge 26ft high jumps. Yes it's way more advanced than the Max 6, but the Max 6 is more durable. Yes the MMX8S is way better for speed runs and on road vehicles. But not extreme bashing. The Sensored thing? Yeah it's nice, until it breaks from all the jumps. Didn't your XRT have issues with your MMX8S BTW from all the jumping? I have a choice to either put a MMX8S or a Max 6 into my XRT. I trust the Max 6 more. But that's just me. 👍

Meh. I blew 2 1717 motors on my Mojave EXB. And for bashing, the MMX8S doesn't seem to like it. But I'm talking about huge 26ft high jumps. Yes it's way more advanced than the Max 6, but the Max 6 is more durable. Yes the MMX8S is way better for speed runs and on road vehicles. But not extreme bashing. The Sensored thing? Yeah it's nice, until it breaks from all the jumps. Didn't your XRT have issues with your MMX8S BTW from all the jumping? I have a choice to either put a MMX8S or a Max 6 into my XRT. I trust the Max 6 more. But that's just me. 👍
I've never seen anyone have problems with mmx8s durability. I've also never had a single problem with durability. I don't even think there are any posts on this forum calling into question mmx8s durability and if there are it's definitely not more than max 6 posts. Do you have some videos or something? I would love to see the mmx8s not handling something as well as the max 6. You're literally the only person I've ever come across to say the mmx8s is not durable for bashing.

I won't defend the xlx2 but the mmx8s has been rock solid for tons of people. I have at least 14 mmx8s and I bash just as hard as you. Out of those 14+ mmx8s I had one problem and that was from me pushing the esc too hard. I didn't even ask castle for a warranty because it was my fault. I sent it to them for non warranty repair and got it upgraded to an xlx2 for 160$

Funny enough people warned me ahead of time that my fat TP motor was too much for the mmx8s in a 1/5th scale. I don't even think a max 6 would have booted up with that motor :eek: People were telling me I was crazy for even putting that motor in my o8s with a max 5 but I took it out today and the max 5 performed BEAUTIFULLY.

I'm actually about to go order a max 5 right now while it's still on sale and I have literally zero use for it, but that thang is durable and has worked great so far with my tp 56102

Oh and I will say I won't defend the castle 1717 either. I've also seen enough posts on here from people who've had bad experiences about that motor. I've yet to have a problem with any of mine though but yea you get no argument from me on that one. :ROFLMAO:

Obviously, you're free to choose whatever esc you want to use. I just thought you were being crazy unfair toward the mmx8s and it is an amazing esc that has in my experience been just as durable as the max 6 and outperforms it on every level except price. I hope I didn't come off too aggressive in my posts, you're a cool guy. :cool:(y)

I've never seen anyone have problems with mmx8s durability. I've also never had a single problem with durability. I don't even think there are any posts on this forum calling into question mmx8s durability and if there are it's definitely not more than max 6 posts. Do you have some videos or something? I would love to see the mmx8s not handling something as well as the max 6. You're literally the only person I've ever come across to say the mmx8s is not durable for bashing.

I won't defend the xlx2 but the mmx8s has been rock solid for tons of people. I have at least 14 mmx8s and I bash just as hard as you. Out of those 14+ mmx8s I had one problem and that was from me pushing the esc too hard. I didn't even ask castle for a warranty because it was my fault. I sent it to them for non warranty repair and got it upgraded to an xlx2 for 160$

Funny enough people warned me ahead of time that my fat TP motor was too much for the mmx8s in a 1/5th scale. I don't even think a max 6 would have booted up with that motor :eek: People were telling me I was crazy for even putting that motor in my o8s with a max 5 but I took it out today and the max 5 performed BEAUTIFULLY.

I'm actually about to go order a max 5 right now while it's still on sale and I have literally zero use for it, but that thang is durable and has worked great so far with my tp 56102

Oh and I will say I won't defend the castle 1717 either. I've also seen enough posts on here from people who've had bad experiences about that motor. I've yet to have a problem with any of mine though but yea you get no argument from me on that one. :ROFLMAO:

Obviously, you're free to choose whatever esc you want to use. I just thought you were being crazy unfair toward the mmx8s and it is an amazing esc that has in my experience been just as durable as the max 6 and outperforms it on every level except price. I hope I didn't come off too aggressive in my posts, you're a cool guy. :cool:(y)
It's all good. I might be wrong about the MMX8S. hehe. So you think I should go with the MMX8S instead of the Max 6 on my XRT ? Thanks. Hey I trust you with that one. I have to steal it off my other RC. No biggie 😂. Most likely I'm sticking with with the stock gearing

It's all good. I might be wrong about the MMX8S. hehe. So you think I should go with the MMX8S instead of the Max 6 on my XRT ? Thanks. Hey I trust you with that one. I have to steal it off my other RC. No biggie 😂. Most likely I'm sticking with with the stock gearing
I think with the stock motor the mmx8s won't even break a sweat. I know for sure it won't thermal as fast as the max 6 too. I also think the mmx8s with the hw 1100 or a leopard motor would be an amazing combo too. All those motors pull much less amps than the TP motor that ruined me :ROFLMAO:

We will probably get a second XRT for the wifey at some point and I'm probably going to go with a mmx8s or a max 5 with a leopard motor for hers. I have the 5682 1350kv leopard in one of our felonies paired with an mmx8s and it is awesome. I'd love to try that 5892 1000kv or 1340kv.

Only complaints I see about the Max6 is the fans.

Santa is 100% bringing me a XRT. My wife has a big box covered in my daughters room with a sheet !! Lol

I have a max 5 and 1100kv on deck. What gearing do you guys recommend? I’m just a back yard basher, but I do have a good chunk of land to drive on.

Santa is 100% bringing me a XRT. My wife has a big box covered in my daughters room with a sheet !! Lol

I have a max 5 and 1100kv on deck. What gearing do you guys recommend? I’m just a back yard basher, but I do have a good chunk of land to drive on.
I'd say like 30/46 but that's just me! congrats on the XRT :cool: (y)

I'd say 30/50. But be careful with the temps. My 1100kv motor and batteries get toasty with that gearing on my X-Maxx when driving non stop. I'm even driving at 70% throttle and it's still a beast. I only do 100% throttle (controlled by my DX5 RUGGED) when jumping and not driving fast. I think I got like 54mph with that gearing on grass/dirt at full power.

I had my first real breakage today on the XRT and it was the right A arm where the bottom hinge pin goes to connect the steering knuckle or whatever it's called. I cracked a piece off the other day which is why I lost the pin there. I replaced the pin thinking it would work out until my replacement arm would get here but during the bash today it said NOPE and I lost a 2nd pin. Now I'm just going to wait for my A arm to come in the mail :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I had my first real breakage today on the XRT and it was the right A arm where the bottom hinge pin goes to connect the steering knuckle or whatever it's called. I cracked a piece off the other day which is why I lost the pin there. I replaced the pin thinking it would work out until my replacement arm would get here but during the bash today it said NOPE and I lost a 2nd pin. Now I'm just going to wait for my A arm to come in the mail :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Believe it or not, I was racing my XRT against my upgraded EXB K8S (my friend was driving the K8S), we ended up tangled somehow, and the K8S came out of that one with a left front broken lower control arm 🤷. The XRT just drove away like nothing 🤔. I also did some cartwheeling with the XRT, and the mount is still not broken. I'm not mad though.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I was racing my XRT against my upgraded EXB K8S (my friend was driving the K8S), we ended up tangled somehow, and the K8S came out of that one with a left front broken lower control arm 🤷. The XRT just drove away like nothing 🤔. I also did some cartwheeling with the XRT, and thewing mount is still not broken. I'm not mad though.
wow I can't believe you still haven't broken that wing mount :ROFLMAO: . I actually would have expected the kraton to break the XRT! thats hilarious. Cartwheeling into a metal cage is how I originally weakened my a arm to make it totally give out today. Honestly the XRT seems really durable to me and I'm really happy with it so far as I'm not looking forward to having to actually get in there and fix stuff when it does finally break.

I was actually really amazed with my outcast 8s today too. We had really bad wind, like 25 mph and my dumbass was out there trying to bash in it. To make it even worse I was jumping into the wind. I didn't even think the wind would make that big of a difference for those big heavy rigs but I was definitely wrong. I crashed my outcast so much I couldn't believe it actually survived the whole 8000 mah pack to 3.6v and drove back to the car. I've bent the red braces with less than that thing endured today.

Really starting to like that truck more than the k8s. The XRT still my favorite big rig though. I'm really looking forward to the wifey getting one and having 2 of them out there at the same time.

Believe it or not, I was racing my XRT against my upgraded EXB K8S (my friend was driving the K8S), we ended up tangled somehow, and the K8S came out of that one with a left front broken lower control arm 🤷. The XRT just drove away like nothing 🤔. I also did some cartwheeling with the XRT, and thewing mount is still not broken. I'm not mad though.
Hey there's a good test of durability. Drive an Arrma 8s and a XRT into each other as see who survives.
I'm not looking forward to having to actually get in there and fix stuff when it does finally break.
Traxxas is pretty easy to work on. When I installed the HD arms on my X Maxx and replaced all the pins it only took me maybe a half hour...and that's with hand tools only.

(Left to right back row) X Maxx, Fireteam, Kraton 6s, Maxx V2.
(Left to right front row) Hyper Go H16H brushless, HBX 2995, Hyper Go 16107 buggy.

Which vehicle should I get next? I can't decide if I want a monster truck like the Losi LMT or should I get a Slash or Mojave?

P_20221129_074611.jpg

Well we already did it by mistake. See? I'm not lying. I'll put the video together today.

View attachment 259180
Ouch !! What tires did you put on the XRT ? Are those regular Xmaxx wheels ?
Are you gonna switch to captured hinge pins ? Really captured with a lock nut ? Not the way Traxxas captures them with a screw and silly little pin holder thing.

Are you gonna switch to captured hinge pins ? Really captured with a lock nut ? Not the way Traxxas captures them with a screw and silly little pin holder thing.
I probably will eventually. I have a bunch of spare pins at the moment though 🤣

Those are Duratrax Lockups for the Xmaxx. I did make the hole bigger so that I could share them with the Arrma, so I had to put bigger aftermarket lug nuts on the XRT and the Xmaxx.

Those are Duratrax Lockups for the Xmaxx. I did make the hole bigger so that I could share them with the Arrma, so I had to put bigger aftermarket lug nuts on the XRT and the Xmaxx.
Is there really anything different between the Lockups and Six Pack? Also does anyone own a DX5C?

Back