New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which sounds like a good thing IMO. Thankfully it's not an upscaled sludge.

Yup..that'll be the xrt "midnight " special edition..with limited edition xmas ornament OR key chain..but not both..special edition will only cost $299.99 more..

It's what companies like TRX use to prevent the chinesium gears from failing 🤣🤣

I believe with motorcycles it's to reduce vibration from the chain drive..
Motorcycles have chain drive. Chains have slack.
Every time the throttle is applied or released, there's jolt. So Razorrc is right.

Lotta weight on those arms and a lot of plastic in the XRT.
Plus that arm was very old. And I jumped a whole bunch of times (20 +) with that arm intact. I had an RPM arm waiting for a long time in my parts bin ready to be installed once that arm broke.

MMX8S installed. It made a HUGE difference in the backflips and punch. The top speed was the same as the stock ESC at 42mph off road, but it feels like a very different truck with the Castle ESC. I can even get a backflip with very little room for a run up. With the stock one, not so much. Ways better than air control too. Short video coming soon.
20221201_141502.jpg

MMX8S installed. It made a HUGE difference in the backflips and punch. The top speed was the same as the stock ESC at 42mph off road, but it feels like a very different truck with the Castle ESC. I can even get a backflip with very little room for a run up. With the stock one, not so much. Ways better than air control too. Short video coming soon.
View attachment 259693
Fits well. I see why a longer motor presents a challenge too.

Fits well. I see why a longer motor presents a challenge too.
No need for a huge motor. The HW 5687 should be more than enough for an XRT, which I'm not planning on doing. I only did it on my X-Maxx to get double backflips and triple backflips too. Meh, I'm not going all out like that with this rig. I already had the MMX8S and I personally feel that it that's all it needs at the moment. I do have another 5687 that is available in my stable, but that one is going into my own O8S. I want to see if that helps with my diff issues.

Last edited:
I could be totally off here, and I usually am, but do any of you put foam on the battery trays to help hold the batteries snug? I put a 3/8“ thick foam with adhesive backing on the battery trays and they offer a good amount of cushioning and keeps the batteries nice and snug
Yes foam on bottom of Typphon 4s and foam on Kraton 2 x 3s batteries. gensacearespammers.

Yes foam on bottom of Typphon 4s and foam on Kraton 2 x 3s batteries. gensacearespammers.
I ditched the battery latches first thing after buying an Xmaxx. Put straps in it, holds any battery that fits the tray nice and tight. Sometimes I have to put foam behind them to hold the batteries tight against the front of the trays.

MMX8S makes the XRT so much more fun even with stock gearing and stock motor :

Assuming it reacts the same as putting a good esc into the Xmaxx, crazy how weak the vxl8s is!! I put a max6 into the X with speed gearing (20/46), wow! Never going back!! Whole new animal. I will run 20/46 till next year when it warms up outside, then go 20/50 most likely.
I won't throw away a working esc, but it is tempting to just toss that POS vxl8s right in the round file!! LOL

Assuming it reacts the same as putting a good esc into the Xmaxx, crazy how weak the vxl8s is!! I put a max6 into the X with speed gearing (20/46), wow! Never going back!! Whole new animal. I will run 20/46 till next year when it warms up outside, then go 20/50 most likely.
I won't throw away a working esc, but it is tempting to just toss that POS vxl8s right in the round file!! LOL
You could use it for a smaller vehicle that doesn't need too much power. Or you could sell it cheap

Last edited:
You could use it for a smaller vehicle that doesn't need too much power. It you could sell it cheap
Yeah, was thinking I could use it elsewhere too..but then, between how large it is, and anemic..nah. I hate selling stuff, I might actually feel guilty pawning that thing off!! Like Lloyd Christmas selling a dead bird to a blind kid!! LOL

Yeah, was thinking I could use it elsewhere too..but then, between how large it is, and anemic..nah. I hate selling stuff, I might actually feel guilty pawning that thing off!! Like Lloyd Christmas selling a dead bird to a blind kid!! LOL
I sold the original one brand new. I never ran it. I did update the software before selling it. Some people just drive their rig around. Heck, some run their Xmaxx on 6s only. For someone like that, it's ok. I just needed more punch for rotation in the air and air control. The stock ESC felt fine for wheelies and just driving around.
Send it into Hobbywing for $50 off another max6.
I got like $120 for mine. I sold it on ebay. That was after shipping and whatever Ebay is going to ding me for.

Send it into Hobbywing for $50 off another max6.
Didn't know about that, great idea!
I sold the original one brand new. I never ran it. I did update the software before selling it. Some people just drive their rig around. Heck, some run their Xmaxx on 6s only. For someone like that, it's ok. I just needed more punch for rotation in the air and air control. The stock ESC felt fine for wheelies and just driving around.

I got like $120 for mine. I sold it on ebay. That was after shipping and whatever Ebay is going to ding me for.
If mine was new, maybe..but it's not, has xt90's on it.. plus I butchered up the shroud,for a $50 credit towards a Max esc, I think I'd go that route first.

Back