New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really liking these kraton tires on the XRT. Got em wrapped a little better with the teflon now and going to try em out at the bmx spot tomorrow. Have to remake our XRT vs outcast 8s video since the XRT was out for the count after like 3 jumps last time.

Also lowered my punch control from 40% to 25%. I'm thinking thats probably why I struggled to pull off a backflip with the proline mashers. My first A arm change went pretty smoothly too. Slowly but surely getting a little more comfortable working on a traxxas rig.

I really want to put ear plugs in the center but I'm still a bit apprehensive about digging that far into the XRT just yet :ROFLMAO:

Had a 25$ off 125$ HobbyTown coupon so went and picked up some proline mx 43's. I heard some complaints about how stiff they are but I'm hoping they work out well for me and don't lead to more breakages. I assume the air control will be better with these vs the mashers.

Regardless, I wanted at least 3 sets of tires I didnt have to worry about blowing up so mashers, mx 43's and trenchers seem like my 3 staples for use between my 3 1/5th scale rigs though I totally just bought a DBXL from the classifieds so I guess I have 4 rigs now.

I really want to put ear plugs in the center but I'm still a bit apprehensive about digging that far into the XRT just yet :ROFLMAO:

Had a 25$ off 125$ HobbyTown coupon so went and picked up some proline mx 43's. I heard some complaints about how stiff they are but I'm hoping they work out well for me and don't lead to more breakages. I assume the air control will be better with these vs the mashers.
They're really should be a need to put silicone earplugs in the center diff as it comes with 20mil from the factory. Careful with those MX43s. They're almost 2lbs per tire which is insane. Lotta people break the a arms and bulkheads on their X Maxx with those wheels and even Kevin Talbot doesn't recommend them for hard bashing because of the weight.

Last edited:
They're really should be a need to put silicone earplugs in the center diff as it comes with 20mil from the factory. Careful with those MX43s. They're almost 2lbs per tire which is insane. Lotta people break the a arms and bulkheads on their X Maxx with those wheels and even Kevin Talbot doesn't recommend them for hard bashing because of the weight.

I saw that video and still bought the tires :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I think the only reason I took the chance is because the trenchers are even heavier and I'm still doing pretty fine bashing with them on my k8s. I figured if the K8s can handle trenchers then why can't the XRT handle some mx43's. I like to think I do a pretty good job landing my jumps too tbh, unlike KT in that video :ROFLMAO:. Worse come to worse I will just use them on my o8s and DBXL

20m in the center sounds nice on paper but adding an earplug is thicker than 20m and makes a difference. I just added ear plugs to my k8s and o8s for the first time and they both also come stock with 20m. The difference was night and day in terms of not making my front tires diff out and balloon like crazy.

Apparently adding ear plugs also improves air control a lot.

clipped at relevant time.

OH and for fun, here is the jump that caused basically my only breakage on the XRT so far. I landed on all fours and still managed to hit the only thing in the field. All because I saw the green thing and panicked :eek: :eek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

https://surpasshobbyusa.net/mod-1-chromium-steel-8mm-bore/

Been holding up good for me and cheaper than saga. The 49t spur I'm using now is actually from them
Yeah I'm using those on my Xmaxx. They are holding up so far (y)
Really liking these kraton tires on the XRT. Got em wrapped a little better with the teflon now and going to try em out at the bmx spot tomorrow. Have to remake our XRT vs outcast 8s video since the XRT was out for the count after like 3 jumps last time.

Also lowered my punch control from 40% to 25%. I'm thinking thats probably why I struggled to pull off a backflip with the proline mashers. My first A arm change went pretty smoothly too. Slowly but surely getting a little more comfortable working on a traxxas rig.

Regardless, I wanted at least 3 sets of tires I didnt have to worry about blowing up so mashers, mx 43's and trenchers seem like my 3 staples for use between my 3 1/5th scale rigs though I totally just bought a DBXL from the classifieds so I guess I have 4 rigs now.
I sold my Mx43 and got some trenchers 4.3 instead. I like them better for air control since they balloon more. And they have "give" since they are not stiff like the 4.3 Some people say that they have experienced more breakages with the mx 43s on their Xmaxx. It's probably because of the weight. I haven't used them on my Xmaxx or XRT. The trenchers that is. I'm using the lighter Duratrax stuff. If only they didn't become unglued and the rims cracking once in a while, they would be perfect! I was thinking about the Mashers next. I have to replace the Duratrax one day. Some of my rims are cracked. That was mostly from using them on my heavy ass 8S Arrmas and bad landings on one wheel

Last edited:
Yeah I'm using those on my Xmaxx. They are holding up so far (y)

I sold my Mx43 and got some trenchers 4.3 instead. I like them better for air control since they balloon more. And they have "give" since they are not stiff like the 4.3 Some people say that they have experienced more breakages with the mx 43s on their Xmaxx. It's probably because of the weight. I haven't used them on my Xmaxx or XRT. The trenchers that is. I'm using the lighter Duratrax stuff. If only they didn't become unglued and the rims cracking once in a while, they would be perfect! I was thinking about the Mashers next. I have to replace the Duratrax one day. Some of my rims are cracked. That was mostly from using them on my heavy ass 8S Arrmas and bad landings on one wheel
I definitely considered duratrax but I saw so many posts complaining about tires exploding and rims cracking. I actually really wanted the mx57, they're super light but they have serious rim cracking problems too. You'd think proline would revise the plastic and re-release but nope. One of the big yt bashers actually just cracked them the other day on the xrt. Can't remember if it was rcdude or duperbash.

I definitely considered duratrax but I saw so many posts complaining about tires exploding and rims cracking. I actually really wanted the mx57, they're super light but they have serious rim cracking problems too. You'd think proline would revise the plastic and re-release but nope. One of the big yt bashers actually just cracked them the other day on the xrt. Can't remember if it was rcdude or duperbash.

Duperbash cracked his on his first run with them. He also broke another bell crank. I’d be willing to bet dollars to donuts m2c will have a bell crank upgrade available within two months.

Duperbash cracked his on his first run with them. He also broke another bell crank. I’d be willing to bet dollars to donuts m2c will have a bell crank upgrade available within two months.
I've broken like 3 bell cranks in 3 years in my X-Maxx. And mine is heavy. Not needed for 26ft and under high and 100ft long jumps. Unless you are one of the super duper bashers. My experience 👍
I might just buy another set of lockups for the XRT since I'm not planning huge air with this one. $100 for 4 tires is cheap. For the Mashers it would be like $$170 for 4. Not much of a difference I guess. You just need to keep buying tire glue for the Duratrax, so I guess they end up being just as expensive. And more frustrating.

I've broken like 3 bell cranks in 3 years in my X-Maxx. And mine is heavy. Not needed for 26ft and under high and 100ft long jumps. Unless you are one of the super duper bashers. My experience 👍

I might just buy another set of lockups for the XRT since I'm not planning huge air with this one. $100 for 4 tires is cheap. For the Mashers it would be like $$170 for 4. Not much of a difference I guess. You just need to keep buying tire glue for the Duratrax, so I guess they end up being just as expensive. And more frustrating.
Tire glue is cheap

haha actually he even dropped a hint in that video about m2c taking care of the problem. You're 100% right

Tire glue is cheap
Tire glue might be cheap but it's for sure annoying to have to do it so often. I damn sure don't want to be gluing tires after every run and if you have powerful electronics, it magnifies the problem even more.

Funny enough when I first got into the hobby I thought proline was expensive af and I would never buy those tires. Now I'm sitting here with multiple proline tires and zero regrets because even though they cost me more they give me less headaches and so far have been worth the money. Minus those mx57 :eek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
haha actually he even dropped a hint in that video about m2c taking care of the problem. You're 100% right

Tire glue might be cheap but it's for sure annoying to have to do it so often. I damn sure don't want to be gluing tires after every run and if you have powerful electronics, it magnifies the problem even more.

Funny enough when I first got into the hobby I thought proline was expensive af and I would never buy those tires. Now I'm sitting here with multiple proline tires and zero regrets because even though they cost me more they give me less headaches and so far have been worth the money. Minus those mx57 :eek: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I feel the same about my 4.3 trenchers. No glue ever needed! 🤣

What's wrong with those? They look like they'd be decent wheels. Nice and light (relatively).
Some people are managing to crack the rims. The mashers have no issues like that. So you can say that they are worse than the Duratrax lockups/six packs, because they are more expensive and have the same issue with the rims 😢

BTW, I haven't broken my rear wing mount yet on my XRT. And I've had a few crashes already.

Some people are managing to crack the rims. The mashers have no issues like that. So you can say that they are worse than the Duratrax lockups/six packs, because they are more expensive and have the same issue with the rims 😢
Well I have the Six Pack on my X Maxx. Gonna be a while till I get to run them though. My K6s is my winter driver.

Well I have the Six Pack on my X Maxx. Gonna be a while till I get to run them though. My K6s is my winter driver.
My bro put 6 packs on his X, a bit heavy, but nice chunky knobbies. I have 8s backflips on my X atm. I prefer the backflips, they're lighter by around 150 grams each.

What's wrong with those? They look like they'd be decent wheels. Nice and light (relatively).
I've got a set on my Xmaxx at the moment. I'm not blown away, not disappointed by them is probably the best way to describe them. Definitely heavy enough to make the truck feel slow on stock electrics. Just waiting on a bearing kit to turn up and I can rebuild and fit the max5/1100kv so hopefully that wakes it back up.

It was definitely more "fun" on the standard tyres but they blew apart very quickly. When these mx57s are done I'm looking forward to trying 8s Backflip LPs. Hoping they are light and suppler than the fairly solid mx57s

Yea they seem to crack easily. I wish they didn't as they'd be my go to tire otherwise. Much, much lighter than the mx43 and I've had great experiences with prolines glue jobs.

Stock electronics? With the stock electronics I don't think that there gluing thing is too bad. I'm running the Max 5 and 1100kv 35/50 gearing on my X-Maxx . So I have to be careful.

Back