New Truck Any input welcome!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErockPzyk

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
Ok , Big rock v3, Kraton ExB Carbon Fiber, Typhon v5, Laser nut , Traxxas Bronco 21 Trx4, and 1 mini basher HBX Pro and 2 Scx24. I know I know it's a nice collection, but I want a new toy and there are to many choices. I thought about buying xmaxx roller and building one because does not worth it to buy the rtr with all mods it needs. [nope] o guess I got make upy mind on what I want to do first, crawler or go fast. The problem is is I want do it all. Any have any advice on a sick truck I need to have lol. Everyone says x-max has King but I've also heard the opposite. And I love my arrma but the 1/5 are heavy and also need upgrade.??? So confused 🤔

Last edited by a moderator:
I have heard that the x-maxx is a incredible 1/5 rc. It needs some upgrades to be super durable, but not as many as the 1/5 arrma cars. I would recommend a used x-maxx 8s off FB Marketplace.
The X-Maxx is a 1/6, lol. Also, a used X-Maxx isn't a good idea as most of them are really abused.

1/5 or 1/6 don't matter it's Huge and I'm actually looking at a rolling chassis right now for 479 brand new no wheels electronics or body. I can get the wheels and a green body from Jenny's for about $200 and I think the hobbywing system for the 1250 KV is around 300. Then I heard you got to do the rear hubs with rpm knuckles and bearings. And probably go with reef's servo.

1/5 or 1/6 don't matter it's Huge and I'm actually looking at a rolling chassis right now for 479 brand new no wheels electronics or body. I can get the wheels and a green body from Jenny's for about $200 and I think the hobbywing system for the 1250 KV is around 300. Then I heard you got to do the rear hubs with rpm knuckles and bearings. And probably go with reef's servo.
sounds like a good plan.......

what d'ya think @3d-rc.myshopify.com @Armarookie43 ? you guys know a lot about this....

sounds like a good plan.......

what d'ya think @3d-rc.myshopify.com @Armarookie43 ? you guys know a lot about this....
Sounds like a good idea to go with that roller. Then you can add your own electronics and better tires. The stock upgrade Xmaxx servo (the metal gear one) is all I need for my kind of bashing (26ft plus jumps and crashes). I rip out my stock electronics except for the servo on my brand new Xmaxx anyways and replace the tires. It's not going to be cheap, but it's less expensive than my 8s Arrmas. I've spent around $3k on my 8s Arrmas and around $2500 on my X-Maxx to put in perspective. That's been my personal experience. But I like to jump my rigs very high. No concrete jumps though. That just destroys the bulkheads, chassis etc on the Xmaxx. And the 8s Arrmas bend stuff easily with the concrete.

Yeah I got the big rock for skatepark activities, LOL, yeah today especially it's been rainy and crappy out the snow is melting and I'm sure an arrma 6s could handle doing some heavy snow or water skipping but the x-max is an absolute beast I know it can run across water no problems pretty much do just about anything go anywhere. It's the thousands of dollars that gets me LOL. I guess if I wanted to do a speed car I would be spending that much and would wreck way harder. And I love the big rock because of it's plastic chassis and lightweight construction and I've always wanted a big version of that and it's basically an xmaxx.

Since you like the X, how about the mini Max, it's arguably tougher than the X and will cost way less with less upgrades. It's more like a 1/9 scale so it's not small.

I thought about the X for a long time but refuse to dump the electronics and upgrade all the weak stuff and end up with a money pit so got the Maxx instead which is all stock for now.

That is a good summary.....plus aftermarket parts are usually relatively cheap for the X......

I battled between an x Max and the 8S Kraton for months......each has their good and not so good points

I chose K8 EXB for my driving style and what I wanted to do with it.....

But the XMaxx is hard to beat for taking a brutal beating....it wasn't an easy choice.....

It is well known that the stock esc will need to be replaced sooner.or later on the X.......I would go the route of the roller and put in what you want from the start.....sounds like you can do that for about the cost of a new stock one.....
Since you like the X, how about the mini Max, it's arguably tougher than the X and will cost way less with less upgrades. It's more like a 1/9 scale so it's not small.

I thought about the X for a long time but refuse to dump the electronics and upgrade all the weak stuff and end up with a money pit so got the Maxx instead which is all stock for now.

That's another good idea

Btw, went thru Slidell yesterday

Btw, went thru Slidell yesterday
Cool, I was home all day, doing errands and splitting wood etc., wish we could have meet each other even for a little while. Would have been awesome! 👍
Yeah I got the big rock for skatepark activities, LOL, yeah today especially it's been rainy and crappy out the snow is melting and I'm sure an arrma 6s could handle doing some heavy snow or water skipping but the x-max is an absolute beast I know it can run across water no problems pretty much do just about anything go anywhere. It's the thousands of dollars that gets me LOL. I guess if I wanted to do a speed car I would be spending that much and would wreck way harder. And I love the big rock because of it's plastic chassis and lightweight construction and I've always wanted a big version of that and it's basically an xmaxx.
Here's a pic of Maxx aside with BR.
20220203_042837.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, I was home all day, doing errands and splitting wood etc., wish we could have meet each other even for a little while. Would have been awesome! 👍

Here's a pic of Maxx aside with BR.
View attachment 200756

Agree.....wasn't in the cards.....had to nurse a car with failing transmission all the way to NC....

Just glad to get home

Btw, what's up with Boudain and cracklins? All the billboards mentioned that in that area

I've found this to not be true believe it or not. I've cracked both front and rear upper bulkheads on the Maxx, the front and rear hubs I had to replace with aluminum ones (another weak spot), the stock ESC and radio are garbage, the stock motor mount and spur gear cover are garbage. I've dumped around $1100 on my V2 Maxx to make it last my 26ft plus jumps. Maybe it's me that sucks, but my X-Maxx breaks less with the same jumps 🤷.

Agree.....wasn't in the cards.....had to nurse a car with failing transmission all the way to NC....

Just glad to get home

Btw, what's up with Boudain and cracklins? All the billboards mentioned that in that area
Cracking is nothing but fried pork belly fat, crispy and salty. Boudin is made in different parts of the world, but in Louisiana it is mostly sausage made of pork and rice with seasonings. You can add different meats or seafood with Boudin so it's a variety of different things.

Boudin is a staple in Cajun country, like the show Swamp People, and sure they have alligator boudin. I don't see any signs in the N.O. or Slidell area that advertise boudin or cracking but you can buy it in grocery stores. Cajun country may be different.

Cracking is nothing but fried pork belly fat, crispy and salty. Boudin is made in different parts of the world, but in Louisiana it is mostly sausage made of pork and rice with seasonings. You can add different meats or seafood with Boudin so it's a variety of different things.

Boudin is a staple in Cajun country, like the show Swamp People, and sure they have alligator boudin. I don't see any signs in the N.O. or Slidell area that advertise boudin or cracking but you can buy it in grocery stores. Cajun country may be different.
Thanx for the clarification....along I-10 there was a 100 mile stretch that advertised boudin and boudin balls....and cracklins. I wanted so very much to stop by and grab some local flavor.... but it wasn't to be ..... this time.

Thanx for the clarification....along I-10 there was a 100 mile stretch that advertised boudin and boudin balls....and cracklins. I wanted so very much to stop by and grab some local flavor.... but it wasn't to be ..... this time.
Probably around the Lafayette area, cajun country. I think you would like both, boudin in very good, it's just sausage. Cracking comes like potato chips in various sized bags unless fried fresh. You could maby find both at home at a local grocery.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back