Typhon New Typhon 3s coming in...! (old Mega on brushless conversion)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pl9171

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
Hi!
Well, well, well, just tried twice, but even with the same chassis as Mega/3s, this Typhon seems to be a special machine by his handling and cornering. So here’s some mods for my son and the next track season;
  • Tower brace (was on the old Mega)
  • HR Steel spur.
  • Typhon 6s shocks
  • Front T-bone bumper (from the old Mega; fits perfectly)
  • Rear T-Bone bumper
  • VP Pro wheels/tires
  • Shred cover
  • ADS-15 servo
IMG_1790.JPG

Added stick weight on the half of the rear stock bumper. because the front bumper, from my perspective, is a bit overweight versus rear bumper. We will have to see how the RC will react on the air. Right now, the weight is 6lbs 3oz instead of stock 5lbs 11oz.

I am not a fan of ADS-7, but I will keep it for the moment. (I have replacement with ADS-15 and Power HD 20 kg)

For the old Mega, he’s already converted to a basic brushless 3s like the Typhon. He will be useful for inside local SCTE track; all guys running 3000-4000 kv. If my son broke something, it will be a easy swap. I keep the metal front shock, steel turnbuckle and ADS-15 servo (from my Senton 6s). I put 15T pinion for the moment. Other pictures will come.

Have a nice day!
PL

Last edited:
ok, from my basic comprehension, brushed to brushless system...
you can do the conversion from raider to raider xl and from senton to senton 3s. but, can you do the same conversion from 3s burshless to 6s brushless for the typhon 3s...?
other point; i like the full front typhon 3s bumper... no front bumper on the raider I think...?
I could considere also the basic senton (conversion + stock bumper) . thanks paul

ok, from my basic comprehension, brushed to brushless system...
you can do the conversion from raider to raider xl and from senton to senton 3s. but, can you do the same conversion from 3s burshless to 6s brushless for the typhon 3s...?

Hi Paul,
The Raider and Raider XL are brushed, but you are right about the Senton Mega and 3s for the conversion.
The 6s power line is a different system than the 3s, so the answer is no.
By the way, if you want to go with a brushless conversion (got a pm tonight about that), you will need new diffs, motor and ESC.
Plus, all the power module (spur, pinion, slipper clutch set, slipper plate set);

I used 15t pinion

Slipper clutch set;

The centre driveshaft is compatible.
And yes, for kids, the front TBR bumper is a must have.
PL

Attachments

• IMG_1799.JPG
    IMG_1799.JPG
    268.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
thanks a lot... but the brushless conversion does not seem to be cheap. And for the tower brace... I have heard that a tower brace could be a good thing for plastic chassis for jumping bashing... how did you patented yours...? thanks paul

thanks a lot... but the brushless conversion does not seem to be cheap. And for the tower brace... I have heard that a tower brace could be a good thing for plastic chassis for jumping bashing... how did you patented yours...? thanks paul

Hi,
1-Put 4x2 Metric screw under the chassis;

2- Cut a 1/4 x 1/16 x 4 channel for about 10,5 inches and drilled one hole (not too big for the metric screw);

3- Drilled/rounded one side to fit with the curved power module cover;

4- Insert the screw into the brace and try to figure out where is exactly the other screw and drill at the right place... It's exactly 9 and 9/16 inches;

5- Install/screw tower brace;

I don't know if it will be really reliable... For the moment, it works but we did not do hardcore at the track (only 2x15 minutes in 2s) and some skate park sessions. The other point, if the holes becomes to big (screw/unscrew), the brace is gone... :( But the channel cost only 8,99$CAN and fit on my daughter Mega Senton, on my son 3s Senton and Typhon 3s... So, there's a kind of a deal...
PL

Hi!
Well, well, well, just tried twice, but even with the same chassis as Mega/3s, this Typhon seems to be a special machine by his handling and cornering. So here’s some mods for my son and the next track season;
  • Tower brace (was on the old Mega)
  • HR Steel spur.
  • Typhon 6s shocks

• How are you finding the shocks now you’ve had them on for a bit? Do you find the springs a bit stiff?

• How are you finding the shocks now you’ve had them on for a bit? Do you find the springs a bit stiff?

Hi!
Yes, a bit stiff… The Typhon 3s is "lightweight" vs the 6S and my son did not run hard at local track, just testing. But don't forget, with all the mods, this actual 3s is heavier than a stock and the handling seems to be very good. So, I am hurry to test it with camels and "trapeze" jumps with a full batterie.
PL

Hi,
Some good and bad news...

1- The bad, patented brace; my son twisted the metric 4x2 screw last week-end at the race track;

And the brace hole is bit large... At least, I've been able to remove the twisted screw from the chassis and put another one.

2- The good news; my son told me that the Typhon 3s is very good at the track, especially in the air;

Here, in the pursuit of the big boys… (TLR-8);

One problem on Typhon: the slipper clutch screw went loose at the end of the session (2s)…
We did not tried on 3s. 2s speed is enough for the beginning of the season.
For sure, he loves his new Typhon.
PL

ok, thanks… I am still questionning about what to buy and also the total amount of money (rc-mods-repair-tools-battery-charger...). the learning process from brushed to brushless is interesting but expensive. I check at the hobby shop and only the motor blx was 89,99$... maybe try to find a used megga and work on it…? btw nice track. is this carpet saty there all year long? you are from the north:)

Hi,
Yes, the carpet stay there all year long. It's an ex-football field carpet. Been a huge job to cut/install.
And yes, a used Mega could be an option.
No doubt, it's an expensive hobby.
Nuts on the patented brace;

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back