New typhon 3s front suspension arm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meuser74

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Bought new typhon 3s and broke a front suspension arm.... Arrma said it is part #ar330443. Arrived a d it is not that part #. Any help?

You have an exploded diagram that came with it. It will show the correct part number. Just order that

Good luck finding the front a-arm I broke mine also and can't find any anywhere!! From what I hear they won't have them till middle of next month.

So I've emailed arrma and they haven't got back to me but I was told that by my local hobby shop. I can't believe they would make a truck and have no parts for it.

So I've emailed arrma and they haven't got back to me but I was told that by my local hobby shop. I can't believe they would make a truck and have no parts for it.

Follow up with Horizon Hobby Warranty team...I reached out to them last week with broken parts and they've said replacements are en route for my typhon 3s

I read that too about the 3s Typhon and particularly this part requiring more wait time. Also, I think this vehicle has front arms that aren't interchangeable with the other new 3s4x4blx in the line-up.
I think HH should at least have a pile of em to fix warranty claims. If not, pretty disappointing. Beautiful vehicle, just rushed execution and start. Maybe Christmas had a bit to do with it. Show it early enough to get the holiday sales. Big year for holiday spending in 2018 for sure. I hope 2019 is the same and Arrma can truly take over the lead that it deserves.

This is nothing new for Arrma. There was a time when the 48p spur gear for the Mega 4x4 was damn near impossible to get. Same with the input shafts that everyone was breaking. It's just going to take time.

The rear a-arms can be replaced with modified a-arms from the 6s Typhon. Check out Bills RC on youtube and he shows you what has to be cut. I did it to mine and they have held up to some hard hits. Tower has the parts now listed on the website and looks like they are right this time.
1547086826794.png

Didn't someone say something about a workaround for this until we can get parts?

I broke my front a-arm this week and was unable to find Typhon parts. The work around I did to get up and running again was to narrow the complete buggy with Senton parts. They fit the chasis but they are narrower.

This will get you running again:
Front a-arm part # AR330443
Rear a-arm part # AR330516.
Since the a-arms are shorter I had to make large adjustment to the upper control arms and the steering linkage. I also had to buy shorter turnbukles for the steering (part # AR330535).

Since I bought the buggy to bash I also added the Senton front bumper. To add the bumper you will need:
Skid plate AR320419
Bumper Parts AR721312, AR320405
3mm Screws if you don't have some AR721312

Attachments

• 9D00A44A-A1E3-4617-9BDC-97326E818425.jpeg
    9D00A44A-A1E3-4617-9BDC-97326E818425.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
I broke my front a-arm this week and was unable to find Typhon parts. The work around I did to get up and running again was to narrow the complete buggy with Senton parts. They fit the chasis but they are narrower.

This will get you running again:
Front a-arm part # AR330443
Rear a-arm part # AR330516.
Since the a-arms are shorter I had to make large adjustment to the upper control arms and the steering linkage. I also had to buy shorter turnbukles for the steering (part # AR330535).

Since I bought the buggy to bash I also added the Senton front bumper. To add the bumper you will need:
Skid plate AR320419
Bumper Parts AR721312, AR320405
3mm Screws if you don't have some AR721312

Thanks for the info. That bumper is just what is needed to stop breaking the arms and shocks. DO I have to get the skid plate to put the bumper on?

Thanks for the info. That bumper is just what is needed to stop breaking the arms and shocks. DO I have to get the skid plate to put the bumper on?

Yes the Senton skid plate is a little longer and a shallower angle where the bumper connects to it with the 3mm x 35mm screw

Bought new typhon 3s and broke a front suspension arm.... Arrma said it is part #ar330443. Arrived a d it is not that part #. Any help?
I am in the same boat. AR330443 is shorter.
correct part we need is ARA330543. Just ordered 2 sets from RC Express

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back